• Gotze
    • Hazard
    • Thiago
    • Neymar
    • Eriksen
    • Other

Re: Most likely person to rise to 99

Edited my post ;)

Gotze will probs make it to 98 but 99 is to much of a push considering he needs to win like 8 trophies a season for the next 15 years to get close to messi.

Okey Im the next 99 as I will win the euro's and world cup on my own.

Gotze will probs make it to 98 but 99 is to much of a push considering he needs to win like 8 trophies a season for the next 15 years to get close to messi.

Okey Im the next 99 as I will win the euro's and world cup on my own.

Dean - greatest player of all time ;)

Lol' date=' a player like you is naturally talented, you don't need to train ;)[/quote']

Just need to get the stamina up if Im going to be dribbling past all them players for 90 min. Unless I chip the goalkeeper from the half way line about 2000 times in a game.

None - none of these players or anyone else you mention other the Ronaldo will hit 99!

Why? Because Messi and possibly Ronaldo are in the same league as Pele and Maradona. They are 2 of the best players to have ever lived. Messi probably THE best to have ever lived. For me 99 = special, an elite couple - the best ever. Gotze etc as good as he/they is/are will not be the best or in the top 5 to have ever played the game. The next person to hit 99 will have to be talked about as a possible contender for the best ever.....

• 5 weeks later...

The next 99 rated player is probably 14-15 years old at the mo.

They come around once a decade or so.

With the expansion of football around the word in the last 10-15 years.

He could come from anywhere. :eek:

Kinda like that, and I believe the next 99 will happen after Messi is not 99, and Messi is still young. I just don't see it the SM having two 99 players. I feel like it is their waying saying who is (1) the absolute best, and not who are (2+) the best.

Why?

60-70 - A player who has just started his career or playing non-league football;

70-75 - A player who has just started his career or playing in the fourth tier within the major world leagues;

75-80 - A player who has proved himself on a regular basis in the third tier within the major world leagues or 'minor' leagues;

80-85 - A player who has proved himself on a regular basis in the second tier within the major world leagues or 'lesser' leagues;

85-90 - A player who has proved himself on a regular basis in one of the major world leagues or excelled in a 'lesser' league;

90-95 - A player who has proved his class on a regular basis in one of the major world leagues or for a top ranked national team or on the continental stage;

95+ - A player who has proved his class both on the domestic and continental or international stage.

It seems that club football form is enough to take you to 99. And actually I must apologise I always read or misread the 95+ rating as AND international stage.

gonna make quote about this..good posting..:D

It's impossible to tell when it comes to football. It's probably someone who is 14/15 at the moment. I can't really see any of the players mentioned reaching 99, but like I said, it's impossible to tell :)

Does anyone think SM will be still be going when that player reaches 23/24/25 though?

It's impossible to tell when it comes to football. It's probably someone who is 14/15 at the moment. I can't really see any of the players mentioned reaching 99' date=' but like I said, it's impossible to tell :)

[left'] Does anyone think SM will be still be going when that player reaches 23/24/25 though?

[/left]

I aint know psychic but I think theyll be around. I think they want to get bigger to be fair so the system will most likely be advanced by then too. I dont see a reason to discontinue this if they are making good business.

I voted Gotze as the most likely of the above listed. Though I agree none of them are probably ever going as high as 99. Voting for 'Other' is just a bland way out which is why I chose the one I felt was best listed.

On a side note: Another to keep an eye on is Jean Marie Dongou at Barcelona. Still only 16 right now, but already getting pitch time at Barcelona B. His record in the youth leagues is at a similar level to that which Messi did when he was coming through. Not saying he'll definitely make it as good as Messi is now obviously, but a good shout for 'one to watch' for the future.