£5 - £1000 in 8 bets Challenge!

matt_safc

I don't think this is being done on this forum so I thought I'd start it up on here and see if anyone was interested..?

The aim is to start with £5 and get to £1000 in 8 bets. It takes guts but it's worth it!

And if you do actually lose at some point, then you've technically only lost £5! :)

Here's how it works:

You pick bets that are at EVENS odds (1/1 in fractions, or 2.00 in decimal).

Starting with the £5:

Bet 1: £5 wins £10

Bet 2: £10 wins £20

Bet 3: £20 wins £40

Bet 4: £40 wins £80

Bet 5: £80 wins £160

Bet 6: £160 wins £320

Bet 7: £320 wins £640

When we get to this point, you bank £250 of the money, and place the other £390 on Bet 8, so:

Bet 8: £390 wins £780.

£780 + £250 = £1030.

There you have it, £1000 in 8 bets! :)

If anyone's interested, I'll put a tip on here for everyday (if I fancy the games coz some can be dodgy) and we'll see how far we can get!

You don't have to follow my tips, you can do your own if you want. Mine are just guides so don't blame me if it loses!

Re: £5 - £1000 in 8 bets Challenge!

For anyone who wants to do the challenge, here's my first tip of the challenge!

Bet 1 - 08/04/2012

Man Utd 1/5

Man Utd are playing QPR at home. They've won 3 of their last 3 home games scoring 5 and conceding 1. QPR have lost the last 3 of 3 away games, scoring 4 but conceding 8. Man Utd beat QPR 2-0 away from home in December.

Schalke 04 8/11

Schalke have won their last 3 of 3 home games scoring 9 and conceding 1. Hannover have lost their last 3 of 3 away games scoring 2 and conceding 8. They drew 2-2 at the start of November but the difference in form between the 2 teams may prove to be the difference.

Double: 1.07/1

£5 returns: 10.36

There was a similar one on the forum some time ago where you started off you €20 and the aim was to get to 20,000. But by doing so with small odds, not evens. I'll keep a close eye on this and I personally think that with skill and a bit of luck this is really achievable and I might do it sometime soon :)

There was a similar one on the forum some time ago where you started off you €20 and the aim was to get to 20' date='000. But by doing so with small odds, not evens. I'll keep a close eye on this and I personally think that with skill and a bit of luck this is really achievable and I might do it sometime soon :)[/quote']

Yeah I know about the £10-£10,000 one.. it takes 73 bets to get there or something like that! The only thing with that one is, you end up betting thousands of £ to win hundreds, so you could be risking £3000 to win £300, not worth it imo. I love this challenge though, just doubling up each time! :)

you know what' date=' count me in. as long as its not stupid bets like qpr to win 10-0 im fine with it. like you said "only £5" (will be doing pics)[/quote']

Won't be anything like that mate haha! I research all my bets and am 99.9% sure about them when I post them. All the bets will be about EVENS odds only, although I might stick a few trebles/fourfolds on occasionally if I fancy them. :)

I actually have no money in my bank account atm (I'm a student lol :P ) so I can't put money on this one, but if I could I definitely would be sticking some on! :)

Schalke have lost 2 home games in the Bundesliga this season, their home form has been brilliant. Hannover have been poor away from home recently and I think with Huntelaar playing how he is, Schalke will win it.

If you want an alternative though, go for Real Madrid v Valencia - Over 3.5 goals at 8/11, gives exactly the same odds when put in a double with Man Utd. There have only been 2 games this season where Madrid have played at home in the league and there HASN'T been more than 3.5 goals! :)

Schalke have lost 2 home games in the Bundesliga this season' date=' their home form has been brilliant. Hannover have been poor away from home recently and I think with Huntelaar playing how he is, Schalke will win it.

If you want an alternative though, go for Real Madrid v Valencia - Over 3.5 goals at 8/11, gives exactly the same odds when put in a double with Man Utd. There have only been 2 games this season where Madrid have played at home in the league and there HASN'T been more than 3.5 goals! :)[/quote']

Why did you have to give me an alternative :mad:

If you just had that first paragraph I'd have happily stuck a tener on it, now youve gave me another option... It means I have to make a decision :P

Cheers though,

Ill probably stick Utd + Schalke on. Never been a big fan of betting on goals:)

Why did you have to give me an alternative :mad:

If you just had that first paragraph I'd have happily stuck a tener on it' date=' now youve gave me another option... It means I have to make a decision :P

Cheers though,

Ill probably stick Utd + Schalke on. Never been a big fan of betting on goals:)[/quote']

Haha sorry :P Always good to have plenty of options though ;)

I'm going for Man Utd & Schalke too so hopefully it will come off! :)

I do this all the time. With at least a £100 a bet everytime :P

Have made a pretty balance much of which has been put to good use. If you know what you're doing long term you can make some nice money. Goes without saying that it could also backfire and you may end up broke.

I count myself lucky and in the last few months more than made up for little losses of the past and am now in nice profit :)

Good luck lads

Bet 1/8

Capture-29.png

I went for Over 3.5 in the Real Match :

Last two meetings between the two ended in 3-2 and 6-3 victories for Real and they were both at Mestalla. I expect Valencia to score as Real concede most of the time at home and Valencia come after a great display against Az where they scored 4. Valencia let in goals as well and with the attacking power Madrid have I expect plenty of goals in this match.

Bet 1/8

Capture-29.png

I went for Over 3.5 in the Real Match :

Last two meetings between the two ended in 3-2 and 6-3 victories for Real and they were both at Mestalla. I expect Valencia to score as Real concede most of the time at home and Valencia come after a great display against Az where they scored 4. Valencia let in goals as well and with the attacking power Madrid have I expect plenty of goals in this match.

The ones you expect to happen most are usually the ones to do the opposite. (I mean in general not actually you :P )

Having said that its a really nice bet :D

Stuck down a double on United and Schalke, however on Bet365 this will only return me just under £5.

I also put down another double for over 3.5 goals in Madrid's game and most goals to be scored in the second half in the Arsenal - City match, which has a potential winnings of £13.

I will be following this thread closely! :)

looking good :)

williamhill2.png

Just a heads up if this wins

chelsea to beat fulham tomorrow is EVS too *hint hint*

NEVER say it looks good at 1-0. Now it looks good :D Well done lads, Schalke fielded a weakened team, when I saw the line-up I expected a close match. They're simply too good, also put a 5 on Schalke to score the second goal at 1-0 :) And Raul never disappoints.