overhaul of how results are decided.

The results that we get are not gd enough. My brazil drew macedonia. Bloody joke of a result. My england went out world cup losing 3-1 against slovakia. I get through 4/5 sets of tactics a year. And still struggle for possition with one of the best teams in my league. U lose against tactics where they are all over the dam place in unrealistic set ups. Needs sorting badly. :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Re: overhaul of how results are decided.

I do think that for some reason, results in international matches and club friendlies are far more random than matches in the standard league and cup competitions.

Not sure why, but it's definitely the case. It makes international competitions a lottery and friendlies a complete waste of time, as it's very difficult to draw any actual conclusions from the results.

Re: overhaul of how results are decided.

Internationals and SMFA cups are notoriously difficult.

In my experience you're best off sticking to a basic 4-4-2 in those for some reason, I agree that world cups are unrealistic too. I took over two teams in the final hoping that one of them would win just so I could have the world cup symbol on my profile in colour (as sad as that sounds) thankfully one of 'em won.

@cheekylad is the match engine really as complex as getting players to familiarise themselves with a formation? Again in my experience you're best off changing a formation as it goes 'stale' after a while, another thing that really narcks me about the current match engine. For example with RealM I won the league basically always playing 3-5-2, next season it stopped working and I'd lose to the bottom club until I set my formation to something else but changed to 3-5-2 at HT when miraculously it started to work again!?

edit: just read that back put 'one' instead of 'won', I can speach engish-onest!