Branislav Ivanovic

Fans' Player of the season last season & arguably Chelsea's best player this season behind Mata yet I seriously doubt he'll rise to 93. If you look around the premiership there's only 6 defenders rated 93 or above and looking at league form this season you'd have to say:

(Not counting Vidic because of injury)

Patrice Evra < Ivanovic

Ashley Cole < Ivanovic

Kompany > Ivanovic

John Terry < Ivanovic (debatable)

Rio Ferdinand < Ivanovic (debatable but again I'd be tempted to say Ivanovic has been better this season)

and if you look at the Chelsea squad there's 7 players rated 93 or above, these players are the core of the team. Ivanovic had a somewhat shaky start to the season being in and out of the team and playing centre back but in the last few months he has certainly established himself as one of Chelsea's core players; his rating should reflect that

(Ashley Cole and John Terry I've already stated)

Essien < Ivanovic

Drogba = Ivanovic hard to compare them really but again I'd be tempted to say Ivanovic has been superior this season

Lampard > Ivanovic (debatable)

Torres < Ivanovic

Cech = Ivanovic again hard to compare them really

Although they're struggling domestically with Chelsea in the semi finals of the Champions League it is hard to say why Ivanovic (arguably their second best player) won't rise. I think the 93 rating is reserved for players that are very important to their team & unlike previous seasons Ivanovic has become that. The national team doesn't do Ivanovic's rating any favours but this should not restrict him to 92.

In a not very convincing conclusion I'm going to stick my neck out and say that Ivanovic SHOULD rise to 93 but I doubt he will. (In fact John Terry and Ashley Cole dropping is more likely and would be somewhat justice) I fear Ivanovic is one of those players continually underrated by SM and has unjustly peaked at 92.

Re: Branislav Ivanovic

Fans' Player of the season last season & arguably Chelsea's best player this season behind Mata yet I seriously doubt he'll rise to 93. If you look around the premiership there's only 6 defenders rated 93 or above and looking at league form this season you'd have to say:

(Not counting Vidic because of injury)

Patrice Evra < Ivanovic

Ashley Cole < Ivanovic

Kompany > Ivanovic

John Terry < Ivanovic (debatable)

Rio Ferdinand < Ivanovic (debatable but again I'd be tempted to say Ivanovic has been better this season)

and if you look at the Chelsea squad there's 7 players rated 93 or above' date=' these players are the core of the team. Ivanovic had a somewhat shaky start to the season being in and out of the team and playing centre back but in the last few months he has certainly established himself as one of Chelsea's core players; his rating should reflect that

(Ashley Cole and John Terry I've already stated)

Essien < Ivanovic

Drogba = Ivanovic hard to compare them really but again I'd be tempted to say Ivanovic has been superior this season

Lampard > Ivanovic (debatable)

Torres < Ivanovic

Cech = Ivanovic again hard to compare them really

Although they're struggling domestically with Chelsea in the semi finals of the Champions League it is hard to say why Ivanovic (arguably their second best player) won't rise. I think the 93 rating is reserved for players that are very important to their team & unlike previous seasons Ivanovic has become that. The national team doesn't do Ivanovic's rating any favours but this should not restrict him to 92.

In a not very convincing conclusion I'm going to stick my neck out and say that Ivanovic SHOULD rise to 93 but I doubt he will. (In fact John Terry and Ashley Cole dropping is more likely and would be somewhat justice) I fear Ivanovic is one of those players continually underrated by SM and has unjustly peaked at 92.[/quote']

some really good points there pal, not if your a Chelsea fan but i personally think he is one of the better players there ;)

i wish he would rise, but like you said its more likely that ashley cole and john terry will drop to even it out a little more.