Sign in to follow this  
danny_ccfc

Glory Supporters

This is a subject that annoys me and annoys most genuine football supporters. People who claim to be supporters of a team however they live nowhere near where the team is based, have never been the to city let alone to their ground. And then they walk around in the shirt and claim to be a big fan of this team. And some also have the cheek to then blame the unbalanced power in football on 'sky tv' and 'money' and 'foreign investors'...well no. Its you glory supporters that havnt got the soul to support your local team! you can never feel real passion for a football club if the club you support is 200 miles away from where you live and youve never seen them play...get a life glory supporters, support your local team and stop ruining football.

Re: Glory Supporters

This is a subject that annoys me and annoys most genuine football supporters. People who claim to be supporters of a team however they live nowhere near where the team is based' date=' have never been the to city let alone to their ground. And then they walk around in the shirt and claim to be a big fan of this team. And some also have the cheek to then blame the unbalanced power in football on 'sky tv' and 'money' and 'foreign investors'...well no. Its you glory supporters that havnt got the soul to support your local team! you can never feel real passion for a football club if the club you support is 200 miles away from where you live and youve never seen them play...get a life glory supporters, support your local team and stop ruining football.[/quote']

My response the last time someone posted something like this:

Not everyone has the luxury of coming from the area in which the team they support. I'm not from Manchester but I have been to more Man United home games' date=' away games and European games than you could shake a stick at. If I could choose where I am from obviously I would choose Manchester to make it easier for me to go to games. But because of my parents choices, work/college I stay nowhere near Manchester but like I say I go to games as often as I can, I admit due to other commitments I don't manage to go to as much as I would like, but I buy Man United strips I'm a member of the United fan club, I used to own shares in the club but despite all that, in your opinion I'm not a Man United fan because I'm not from Manchester?[/quote']

I still stick by what I said then, and I do support my local team :)

Guest the plummer

in the defination of support were does it say you need to live near the team you support ?

My response the last time someone posted something like this:

I still stick by what I said then' date=' and I do support my local team :)[/quote']

and in response to that i say, if you supported your local team you wouldnt have to globetreck to get to a game.

Well in my case I have relitives that have supported Milan all there lives and I have supported them since I knew what Football was. I have the 1994 Jersey :D

I have been to Italy 3 times to watch games and will be going to the Milan derby this year if my Auntie gets tickets as we missed out last year.

Ive supported Spurs as my English team for all my life but not when I supported Milan, i started Spurs a few years after. Ive been to see many Spurs games and I have lost count. I will always support these teams.

Would you say im a glory hunter? If your definition of a glory hunter is also that of mine then I think you just have issues ;)

I dont think that glory hunter's ruin football, its their choice who they support but when someone changes who they support yearly you just have to laugh at them, but its their choice and all, they make it funny.

Strong post though mate, need to let it cool a bit around here.

Surely people are entitled to support whoever they want to!!

I am an Arsenal fan, I was born and bred 15 mins from the ground and used to go to games regularly. Due to live commitments (won't go into them now) I have moved up north and am now approx 150 miles from the ground!! I get to see them even less and in fact have not even been to the Emirates stadium yet. I am still an avid fan though, watch them every time they are on TV, visit the website most days, keep up to date with the news going on at the club and most of all have a genuine love for the club!! As I have moved away and now have to 'globetrek' as you put it to go to a game, am I no longer a true supporter???:confused:

Football is a democracy, always has been and always will be!! Thats what makes it the world's best game. Everyone has differing opinions about every subject, club, player etc. and football fans love to debate!! Take this away from the game and it would not be anywhere near as popular as it is IMO!:D

Well in my case I have relitives that have supported Milan all there lives and I have supported them since I knew what Football was. I have the 1994 Jersey :D

I have been to Italy 3 times to watch games and will be going to the Milan derby this year if my Auntie gets tickets as we missed out last year.

Ive supported Spurs as my English team for all my life but not when I supported Milan' date=' i started Spurs a few years after. Ive been to see many Spurs games and I have lost count. I will always support these teams.

Would you say im a glory hunter? If your definition of a glory hunter is also that of mine then I think you just have issues ;)

I dont think that glory hunter's ruin football, its their choice who they support but when someone changes who they support yearly you just have to laugh at them, but its their choice and all, they make it funny.

Strong post though mate, need to let it cool a bit around here.[/quote']

im sorry m8 but you are indeed a glory hunter! takin it to the extreme infact, if your not even from the same country as the team in which you support let alone the same city...

Surely people are entitled to support whoever they want to!!

I am an Arsenal fan' date=' I was born and bred 15 mins from the ground and used to go to games regularly. Due to live commitments (won't go into them now) I have moved up north and am now approx 150 miles from the ground!! I get to see them even less and in fact have not even been to the Emirates stadium yet. I am still an avid fan though, watch them every time they are on TV, visit the website most days, keep up to date with the news going on at the club and most of all have a genuine love for the club!! As I have moved away and now have to 'globetrek' as you put it to go to a game, am I no longer a true supporter???:confused:

Football is a democracy, always has been and always will be!! Thats what makes it the world's best game. Everyone has differing opinions about every subject, club, player etc. and football fans love to debate!! Take this away from the game and it would not be anywhere near as popular as it is IMO!:D[/quote']

i agree m8, but you missed out 1 key point, you are a londoner born and bred so you have a right to support arsenal. if you had lived up north all ur life and called urself an arsenal fan...glory supporter. but u arent. ;)

im sorry m8 but you are indeed a glory hunter! takin it to the extreme infact' date=' if your not even from the same country as the team in which you support let alone the same city...[/quote']

I would have to say you have some strong issues then mate! Reletives that go back far enough that if they were good enough they could have played for Italy as they were Italian citizens living there for a few years.

Usually people who call others glory hunter's are just annoyed that there club isnt doing too well and im not one to know about Coventry but I think you may just be in a bad way atm lol.

You can call me a glory hunter all you want but the truth as I see it is your only a glory hunter by switching who you support to someone else when that club is doing well and getting 'Glory' so therefore me supporting Milan before I even would have known what glory is :eek: I would not be a 'glory hunter'

im sorry m8 but you are indeed a glory hunter! takin it to the extreme infact' date=' if your not even from the same country as the team in which you support let alone the same city...[/quote']

lol thats not a glory hunter!!!

Thats just your oersonal opinion on what one is, you need to look it up i think.

The main problem is people who do support there local club like Coventry for example well because there rubbish they get annoyed and have to start calling supporters of the miles better clubs like Milan Glory hunters

I would have to say you have some strong issues then mate! Reletives that go back far enough that if they were good enough they could have played for Italy as they were Italian citizens living there for a few years.

Usually people who call others glory hunter's are just annoyed that there club isnt doing too well and im not one to know about Coventry but I think you may just be in a bad way atm lol.

You can call me a glory hunter all you want but the truth as I see it is your only a glory hunter by switching who you support to someone else when that club is doing well and getting 'Glory' so therefore me supporting Milan before I even would have known what glory is :eek: I would not be a 'glory hunter'

your missing the point, you can talk about your relatives till your blue in the face but the key fact is you are not from milan. and i do not hav issues, i support coventry city and am proud of it, just cz the club has a few problems, surely it would be easy for me to just walk away and say, yeh im now a man united fan. but no i support my team thru thick and thin because im a coventry lad, and if more people were like that then football in general wudnt be facing problems with smaller clubs on the verge of going out of business

lol thats not a glory hunter!!!

Thats just your oersonal opinion on what one is' date=' you need to look it up i think.

The main problem is people who do support there local club like Coventry for example well because there rubbish they get annoyed and have to start calling supporters of the miles better clubs like Milan Glory hunters[/quote']

thats ridiculous. im not having a go at anyone just because my team is 'rubbish' the reason i started this thread was to point out the issues. for example, i see u r from grimsby, hav a liverpool crest as your avatar...are you a liverpool fan? are you from liverpool? if liverpool were 'rubbish' would you still have an interest in them? i dont think you would would u.

your missing the point' date=' you can talk about your relatives till your blue in the face but the key fact is you are not from milan. and i do not hav issues, i support coventry city and am proud of it, just cz the club has a few problems, surely it would be easy for me to just walk away and say, yeh im now a man united fan. but no i support my team thru thick and thin because im a coventry lad, and if more people were like that then football in general wudnt be facing problems with smaller clubs on the verge of going out of business[/quote']

lmao, relatives supporting Milan so you do is in no way whatsoever a glory hunter act. :rolleyes:

As Dan said anyway, if they want to be glory hunters, then let them, they're going to be the ones who get stick for it

thats ridiculous. im not having a go at anyone just because my team is 'rubbish' the reason i started this thread was to point out the issues. for example' date=' i see u r from grimsby, hav a liverpool crest as your avatar...are you a liverpool fan? are you from liverpool? if liverpool were 'rubbish' would you still have an interest in them? i dont think you would would u.[/quote']

I think Neller supports Grimbsy as well! You may of noticed that up to about last week he has always had a Grimbsy avatar:rolleyes:

I think Neller supports Grimbsy as well! You may of noticed that up to about last week he has always had a Grimbsy avatar:rolleyes:

yes i realise that...but why the liverpool one? like i said, if liverpool were rubbish he wouldnt dream of having a liverpool avatar

lmao' date=' relatives supporting Milan so you do is in no way whatsoever a glory hunter act. :rolleyes:

As Dan said anyway, if they want to be glory hunters, then let them, they're going to be the ones who get stick for it[/quote']

My relatives are the reason why I support Milan ;) I wouldnt support them otherwise because then I probably would be a glory hunter lol.

Danny, funny you talking about Neller's Liverpool badge, I think he changed it to Liverpool a few days ago from Grimsby.

I would have to say as a coventry fan danny i can understand your jealous rage at people who support clubs that win things.:P

You cant call someone who has supported a club all there life a glory supporter even if they live on another planet. Sometimes you cant help who you support and just because geographically you are not near them does that make you anyless a fan.

A glory supporter to me is someone who just sides with whoever is doing well and perhaps couldnt even name a top player of that side.

My question to you is when you move from Chaventry will you support the town that you move too, that to me my friend would seem that you are less of a loyal supporter than anyone else on here that has replied.

My relatives are the reason why I support Milan ;) I wouldnt support them otherwise because then I probably would be a glory hunter lol.

you are your own person. if my relatives all jumped off a cliff i wouldnt be like 'oh there doing it so i should to'

thats ridiculous. im not having a go at anyone just because my team is 'rubbish' the reason i started this thread was to point out the issues. for example' date=' i see u r from grimsby, hav a liverpool crest as your avatar...are you a liverpool fan? are you from liverpool? if liverpool were 'rubbish' would you still have an interest in them? i dont think you would would u.[/quote']

while you are there checking all my profile out why dont you go 1 further and check out my DOB and what actually Liverpool won in the years i mainly started supporting them... which wasnt alot.

1 league cup i belive.

The reason i supported liverpool was because of my dad, hes probably more a fan to liverpool and been all over the world to watch them then you ever will Coventry City.

My last post was just pointing out that I belive your concept on what a glory hunter is just plain stupid, and judging from the responses you have gotten so far im not the only one

Danny' date=' funny you talking about Neller's Liverpool badge, I think he changed it to Liverpool a few days ago from Grimsby.[/quote']

totaly correct :).. better change it back now i guess.

I support Liverpool for more or less the same reasons you go for Milan i guess, if people cant understand the reasons behind that then I wont lose any sleep over it :)

you are your own person. if my relatives all jumped off a cliff i wouldnt be like 'oh there doing it so i should to'

Don't you think that there's a big difference between following the same football team as your relatives and jumping off a cliff:confused:

Glory Hunters are people who change there team frequently to the team who is winning e.g Chelsea...I have supported Arsenal since i was about 6 and i chose them when they were like 9th in the Premiership...I live in Lancashire (Burnley) and always have done but i support Arsenal..5 hours drive to London,and whenever i get the chance for Tickets i will get them...most of the time its impossible so i also support my dads team,Preston North End and i go to every home game,I also agree with Wee_G..

in the defination of support were does it say you need to live near the team you support ?

I would have to say as a coventry fan danny i can understand your jealous rage at people who support clubs that win things.:P

You cant call someone who has supported a club all there life a glory supporter even if they live on another planet. Sometimes you cant help who you support and just because geographically you are not near them does that make you anyless a fan.

A glory supporter to me is someone who just sides with whoever is doing well and perhaps couldnt even name a top player of that side.

My question to you is when you move from Chaventry will you support the town that you move too' date=' that to me my friend would seem that you are less of a loyal supporter than anyone else on here that has replied.[/quote']

that is probably the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. firsly, i can call people glory supporters for 'supporting them all their lives' because i just did. secondly, of course i will still support coventry if i ever move from their, i bleed sky blue. im annoyed that youve even questioned my credentials as a coventry fan. would you like to see my collection of season tickets since the age of 5? would u like to see my hundreds of away ticket stubs which i collect? would you like to see my collection of shirts from the past 12 years or so?

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

people who dont know any players , watch a game a season on TV !!!, never bought a kit and dont even known when there club has won something thats a TRUE glory supporter