Glory Supporters

danny_ccfc

Re: Glory Supporters

I think this guy may have caused himself to obtain a red box lol.

Like Neller said, read this thread from start to finish, you have called a few of us 'Idiots' 'Incompetant' 'smallminded' and yet you think your right to call some of us glory hunters for following in our relatives foot steps and supporting there treasured club.

I think this guy may have caused himself to obtain a red box lol.

Like Neller said' date=' read this thread from start to finish, you have called a few of us 'Idiots' 'Incompetant' 'smallminded' and yet you think your right to call some of us glory hunters for following in our relatives foot steps and supporting there treasured club.[/quote']

Yeh im rite...iv stuck by what ive said all along so neller saying that ive changed my opinion is utter crap. ive said at the start, and ill say it again. if evry1 supported their local team, where they lived and were brought up...football wouldnt be facing a crisis in lower leagues. and then these glory boys blame it on other matters when really its them. nothing against u personally, its all people i preceive as glory hunters that im targeting, not just u

yes i did have that' date=' but i also had a mind of my own which clearly you didnt[/quote']

First things first - You my friend are an amazing lad, and should not be here on the forum, but be being praised and treated as a God. If you knew what you were doing at 3 and had full control over it and could criticise etc... then you are truly a legendary God.

I've read the whole thread, and I've come to a simple conclusion, which Neller stated spot on word by word :)

[quote name='Legend Neller (No wonder they give him that name ;) )]lmao... says to me youre an idiot' date=' read your own thread from start to end u look like such a prat its untrue.[/quote']

I do not believe I need to say everything that has been already said by everyone except Danny, as everyone has the same CORRECT opinion. However I will just give my situation from the very first post of this thread and expect an answer from Danny.

I am a Fulham FC fan from Malta - 1 out of just 4 who are involved in the 'fan club', which is just a group of people talking on MSN. I have no relatives who are FFC supporters, I live miles away from England, and I started supporting Fulham from when they where in Division 2, which was Englands third tier in that time. Please explain to me the situation from what you said in the first post.:)

- I am not from the area

- I do not change who I support

- I do not have a KIT (which apparently, according to u, you MUST have to be a fan, but I have 10 tops, 1 tracksuit and a lot, a lot of FFC stuff).

- I've never been to Craven Cottage.

- I, errr, what other junk did you say in the first post I MUST have done to be a fan?

First things first - You my friend are an amazing lad' date=' and should not be here on the forum, but be being praised and treated as a God. If you knew what you were doing at 3 and had full control over it and could criticise etc... then you are truly a legendary God.

I've read the whole thread, and I've come to a simple conclusion, which Neller stated spot on word by word :)

I do not believe I need to say everything that has been already said by everyone except Danny, as everyone has the same CORRECT opinion. However I will just give my situation from the very first post of this thread and expect an answer from Danny.

I am a Fulham FC fan from Malta - 1 out of just 4 who are involved in the 'fan club', which is just a group of people talking on MSN. I have no relatives who are FFC supporters, I live miles away from England, and I started supporting Fulham from when they where in Division 2, which was Englands third tier in that time. Please explain to me the situation from what you said in the first post.:)

- I am not from the area

- I do not change who I support

- I do not have a KIT (which apparently, according to u, you MUST have to be a fan, but I have 10 tops, 1 tracksuit and a lot, a lot of FFC stuff).

- I've never been to Craven Cottage.

- I, errr, what other junk did you say in the first post I MUST have done to be a fan?[/quote']

im sorry m8 but im my eyes ur talkin garbage...how can u be a fan if uve never been to craven cottage, just because you talk about them in a bloody fan club on MSN does not make you a fan!!

This is a subject that annoys me and annoys most genuine football supporters. People who claim to be supporters of a team however they live nowhere near where the team is based' date=' have never been the to city let alone to their ground. And then they walk around in the shirt and claim to be a big fan of this team. And some also have the cheek to then blame the unbalanced power in football on 'sky tv' and 'money' and 'foreign investors'...well no. Its you glory supporters that havnt got the soul to support your local team! you can never feel real passion for a football club if the club you support is 200 miles away from where you live and youve never seen them play...get a life glory supporters, support your local team and stop ruining football.[/quote']

My local team's getting a foreign investor (hopefully), so how can I be a glory supporter, when I have supported them since I was eight?

im sorry m8 but im my eyes ur talkin garbage...how can u be a fan if uve never been to craven cottage' date=' just because you talk about them in a bloody fan club on MSN does not make you a fan!![/quote']

I've supported Manchester United since I was six, but I've never been to Manchester, I bet you've supported a foreign team like AC Milan or Real Madrid, but never been to their stadium?

My local team's getting a foreign investor (hopefully)' date=' so how can I be a glory supporter, when I have supported them since I was eight?[/quote']

you are not a glory supporter then are you! another 1 missing the point of the thread. coventry have been in takeover talks since feb. and anyway, money doesnt guarantee success.

I've supported Manchester United since I was six' date=' but I've never been to Manchester, I bet you've supported a foreign team like AC Milan or Real Madrid, but never been to their stadium?[/quote']

no, as ive said previously...im a coventry city fan...only a coventry city fan, im city till i die and thats how it is. simple as

you are not a glory supporter then are you! another 1 missing the point of the thread. coventry have been in takeover talks since feb. and anyway' date=' money doesnt guarantee success.[/quote']

True, but since when has it been OK to call people who support Manchester United, or in Bobo's case, Fulham for ages, calling them glory supporters? OK, so you want me to support AC Milan just cause they won the Champion's League? Or maybe Sevilla cause they won the UEFA Cup twice?

Guest the plummer

this is amazing its keeping me amused

anyway on topic

m8 if people want to support a team just let them and anyway do relly think that what ever you say is goiny make them change do they actually care what yo say about glory hunters and all that shizz

True' date=' but since when has it been OK to call people who support Manchester United, or in Bobo's case, Fulham for ages, calling them glory supporters? OK, so you want me to support AC Milan just cause they won the Champion's League? Or maybe Sevilla cause they won the UEFA Cup twice?[/quote']

nooo. again, your missing the point. your a bristol city fan. im guessing your from bristol, and go their games...you are not a glory supporter! however, if you were from bristol and called urself a liverpool fan...you would be a glory supporter

supporters of a team however they live nowhere near where the team is based
well nav isnt a glory supporter then is he' date=' because he doesnt support a team for the glory[/quote']

yet he lives no wear near?? changed from your 1st post i see. yet i see this doesnt apply to you bobo, fulham have no sucess yet hes changed his opinion again... lol

you can never feel real passion for a football club if the club you support is 200 miles away
well nav isnt a glory supporter then is he' date=' because he doesnt support a team for the glory[/quote']

nav could have been from the USA for all he knew yet those 2 comments by himself... do not add up

im sorry m8 but you are indeed a glory hunter! takin it to the extreme infact' date=' if your not even from the same country as the team in which you support let alone the same city[/quote']

so now its not the glory again like in navs case? he said Nav aint a glory supported because Southampton aint won anything, then hes saying if you live in another country even if your team aint sucessfull you are still a glory supporter lol.... surely if you travel from another country to watch a team IE Dan, thats more deadication then watching a local team

supporters are people that decide to support a team that is good. they support them for the glory

though it was if u wasnt born in the place? :confused:

these 2 say everything about this thread...

your missing the point. i didnt say you have to live there...i actually used the word from' date=' not live, in my original post.[/quote']
supporters of a team however they live nowhere near where the team is based

this is amazing its keeping me amused

anyway on topic

m8 if people want to support a team just let them and anyway do relly think that what ever you say is goiny make them change do they actually care what yo say about glory hunters and all that shizz

no, the idea isnt to make change....the idea is to debate and raise points of view, that is what the forum is for.

nooo. again' date=' your missing the point. your a bristol city fan. im guessing your from bristol, and go their games...you are not a glory supporter! however, if you were from bristol and called urself a liverpool fan...you would be a glory supporter[/quote']

I don't go to Bristol City games, only once back in 2004 with a mate for his birthday, but that's not the point mate, you're saying it's unfair to support a team outside your home city, or even still, your home country

Guest the plummer

no' date=' the idea isnt to make change....the idea is to debate and raise points of view, that is what the forum is for.[/quote']

but going about branding people glory hunters and practicly teling them who to support mate isnt really what a forum is about

im sorry m8 but im my eyes ur talkin garbage...how can u be a fan if uve never been to craven cottage' date=' just because you talk about them in a bloody fan club on MSN does not make you a fan!![/quote']

Haha, I truly hope, from my heart, that you are not serious anymore and that you are trying to make an April fool joke or something:rolleyes:

Since when do you have to watch your team play live to be a supporter? I've followed all the Fulham games on TV, and saw many repeats too.

Danny, not everyone is a lucky plank and gets to watch their teams play. Should I get the blame for being the only Fulham fan out of every 120k people in a country? I think not. If anything surely this is just proving that I am not a glory hunter, and never will be. Just for the facts - from my ancestors I've supported Juve, and still do, despite them having to play in Serie B last season. Anyone who left Juve last year (as a fan) can be deemed a glory hunter, however definitely not this.

Finally, I will be more than willing to go to the Cottage if you were willing to pay for me!!:mad: I could take this as an offence... what makes you think I'm not a poor freak living with the nuns, with no parents, no one to love me, no money and no house? Watch how you speak... (luckily for me this is not the case :) , however with 4 children in the family It's only fair that if I go abroad (obviously not I pay - don't have the cash! lol) the others should too, and that would easily get my dad poor - do you know the prices these days?!)

yet he lives no wear near?? changed from your 1st post i see. yet i see this doesnt apply to you bobo' date=' fulham have no sucess yet hes changed his opinion again... lol

nav could have been from the USA for all he knew yet those 2 comments by himself... do not add up

so now its not the glory again like in navs case? he said Nav aint a glory supported because Southampton aint won anything, then hes saying if you live in another country even if your team aint sucessfull you are still a glory supporter lol.... surely if you travel from another country to watch a team IE Dan, thats more deadication then watching a local team

though it was if u wasnt born in the place? :confused:

these 2 say everything about this thread...[/quote']

ohh, ur back. i thought i was on the 'ignore list' such a strange way to ignore people that is isnt it...by continuing to talk to them. you no what im saying, ur just manipulating my quotes, just because i dont say the exact same thing to 1 person. in navs case. like ive said before, i have no idea why he supports southampton. he obviously doesnt support them for success and for that i take my hat off to nav. what i will say is, if he isnt from southampton he isnt a 'proper fan' in my eyes, because he isnt from the area. even if he goes to watch them, the fact that for 1 person to support a team wether they are successful or not doesnt make it right to support them, in my general point. but like i say, in 1 respect i take my hat off to him for not supporting a team looking for obvious success, but in another respect i dont condone it.

Haha' date=' I truly hope, from my heart, that you are not serious anymore and that you are trying to make an April fool joke or something:rolleyes:

Since when do you have to watch your team play live to be a supporter? I've followed all the Fulham games on TV, and saw many repeats too.

Danny, not everyone is a lucky plank and gets to watch their teams play. Should I get the blame for being the only Fulham fan out of every 120k people in a country? I think not. If anything surely this is just proving that I am not a glory hunter, and never will be. Just for the facts - from my ancestors I've supported Juve, and still do, despite them having to play in Serie B last season. Anyone who left Juve last year (as a fan) can be deemed a glory hunter, however definitely not this.

Finally, I will be more than willing to go to the Cottage if you were willing to pay for me!!:mad: I could take this as an offence... what makes you think I'm not a poor freak living with the nuns, with no parents, no one to love me, no money and no house? Watch how you speak... (luckily for me this is not the case :) , however with 4 children in the family It's only fair that if I go abroad (obviously not I pay - don't have the cash! lol) the others should too, and that would easily get my dad poor - do you know the prices these days?!)[/quote']

moral to the story....dont support fulham! support a local maltese team! this is my point exactly.

Haha' date=' I truly hope, from my heart, that you are not serious anymore and that you are trying to make an April fool joke or something:rolleyes:

Finally, I will be more than willing to go to the Cottage if you were willing to pay for me!!:mad: I could take this as an offence... what makes you think I'm not a poor freak living with the nuns, with no parents, no one to love me, no money and no house? Watch how you speak... (luckily for me this is not the case :) , however with 4 children in the family It's only fair that if I go abroad (obviously not I pay - don't have the cash! lol) the others should too, and that would easily get my dad poor - do you know the prices these days?!)[/quote']

well put but i can guarntee you wont get a proper reply, anything good back to him he buckles on his next reply and ignores most of what you put especially the key points, either due to ignorance or just plain stupidity.

I cannot see what hes replying to this as i have him on ignore, im just going from the replys u guys are typing.

must be a 1st for you though Bobo being called a glory supporter for supporting fulham.. just how stupid does that sounds? weres the glory?

lol.. really is funny

well put but i can guarntee you wont get a proper reply' date=' anything good back to him he buckles on his next reply and ignores most of what you put especially the key points, either due to ignorance or just plain stupidity.

I cannot see what hes replying to this as i have him on ignore, im just going from the replys u guys are typing.

must be a 1st for you though Bobo being called a glory supporter for supporting fulham.. just how stupid does that sounds? weres the glory?

lol.. really is funny[/quote']

bobo i havnt actually said the words 'youre a glory supporter'

i used the words 'not a proper fan' there is obviously a difference.;)

neller is being manipulative and twisting what i say to make me out to be some sort of idiot...b*llocks to him! hes the real mug because he involve himself in a normal debate without leaving sneidy remarks and beating around the bush so to speak in his replys

I think it's a bit harsh calling Bobo a glory hunter because he supports Fulham!;):D

No offence intended Bobo.B)

m8 i didnt call him a bloody glory supporter. i said hes not a propa fan, not a glory supporter because obviosly fulham dont cover themselves in glory, so to say hes a 'glory supporter' is silly, i didnt say that. its neller being a t***

Shag it i was ona give a long post put i confussed myself again.

The first team i supported was United Y? Because my da brought me up that way, I remember goin to pub when a game was live on sky & i did support them as in asmuch as i could considering my age. Around that time i found celtic (by my own accord more a less)but it was years till i saw them on tv casue i dident have cable or sky but none the less i was a celtic fan. Now i remember goin mental when united won the champions league soon after that i found Shelbourne (AS IN goin to shels game every home game as a singing fan since 2000/01 or so which i found very excilerating) i had support shels on off since 1997 or around that time when i recieved a free season ticket. Anyway one year i went on a trip to england with the school & we visited anfield & old trafford ( anfield was more welcoming by a country mile) soon afetr united was nothing to me. (So shels & Celtic are the 2 teams for me), becasue i feel i have a connection to both teams ( altough ive never been to a celtic match not even when theve been in dublin) o & i found out originally my da was rovers fan ( how nice)

So I beg the question is there a differnce between a supporter of a team & a fan

I say yes

I say i was a fan of United & Celtic but a supporter of Shelbourne

Question is can you support a team like man-u from say colchester as an example) if you have no link to that club other than 1 day you started supporting them ie. your family isent from manchester,youve never had any family from there, youve never had any family connection at united?

Id say no you cant you can be a fan & a good fan but you cant support the club you cant live & breath the club every day.

thats my opionion & ive had the challenge of knowing what it feels like to watch the team your a fan off score 2 late goals in the biggest club game in a season in the champions league & ive felt whats it like to really support a club & its history & watch them score a goal & it dosent compare in the slightest.

5 game season a season isent good enough to say your a supporter 10 isent for me a supporter goes to all home games regardless if its a league ,cup or friendly match.

Shag it i was ona give a long post put i confussed myself again.

The first team i supported was United Y? Because my da brought me up that way' date=' I remember goin to pub when a game was live on sky & i did support them as in asmuch as i could considering my age. Around that time i found celtic (by my own accord more a less)but it was years till i saw them on tv casue i dident have cable or sky but none the less i was a celtic fan. Now i remember goin mental when united won the champions league soon after that i found Shelbourne (AS IN goin to shels game every home game as a singing fan since 2000/01 or so which i found very excilerating) i had support shels on off since 1997 or around that time when i recieved a free season ticket. Anyway one year i went on a trip to england with the school & we visited anfield & old trafford ( anfield was more welcoming by a country mile) soon afetr united was nothing to me. (So shels & Celtic are the 2 teams for me), becasue i feel i have a connection to both teams ( altough ive never been to a celtic match not even when theve been in dublin) o & i found out originally my da was rovers fan ( how nice)

So I beg the question is there a differnce between a supporter of a team & a fan

I say yes

I say i was a fan of United & Celtic but a supporter of Shelbourne

Question is can you support a team like man-u from say colchester as an example) if you have no link to that club other than 1 day you started supporting them ie. your family isent from manchester,youve never had any family from there, youve never had any family connection at united?

Id say no you cant you can be a fan & a good fan but you cant support the club you cant live & breath the club every day.

thats my opionion & ive had the challenge of knowing what it feels like to watch the team your a fan off score 2 late goals in the biggest club game in a season in the champions league & ive felt whats it like to really support a club & its history & watch them score a goal & it dosent compare in the slightest.

5 game season a season isent good enough to say your a supporter 10 isent for me a supporter goes to all home games regardless if its a league ,cup or friendly match.[/quote']

someone who sees my point. thank you ;)

Danny

Your just making yourself look like a 5 year old now . I for 1 hate glory supporters but you have the meaning of 1 wrong a glory supporter is someone who supporters whoever is doing well that season .

We have 1 of the most out of town fans in england but you cant call anyone who is supporting Leeds a glory fan