★The High Rollers League - An EC★

Re: ★The High Rollers League - An EC★

Stoke Adds Tevez!

In a massive shocker, Carlos Tevez has ended up at Stoke with his fellow Argentinean Banega.

Carlos TEVEZ has completed his move to Stoke City from Blackburn Rovers in a swap deal for Riccardo MONTOLIVO and Olivier GIROUD

Stoke tried time and again to land a striker rated above 90, but every single time ended in failure. Thus, the manager is excited to have Tevez on board.

"It was hard losing Montolivo and especially Giroud, but you don't get to buy a world class striker every day. Tevez certainly has not deproved as we all saw in the second half of Season 1. He can also drop back into midfield with ease, giving us more options in attack. We wish Giroud and Montolivo the best at Rovers.

Stoke will be giving up the towering Giroud, who scored 14 goals, for the 5 ft 8 Tevez, which caused people to scratch their heads. But the undeniable Tevez scored 11 goals, despite featuring in only half the number of matches Giroud was in. This ultimately convinced Seth Lark that was an irresistible offer.

Another man leaving is Riccardo Montolivo. The Italian playmaker managed only 2 goals and a feeble 6.86 average performance, and even lost his place to Eliseu as the Potters romped to 3 straight wins without him. Hopefully, the change of scenery will finally see him do well.

In conclusion, this deal should turn out like the Papiss Cisse deal from Freiburg to Newcastle, a deal that benefits both parties. :)

United keen on Charity Shield

Manchester United boss Stuart Payne spoke for the first time in the new season as his team prepares to give it another run at the title.

" Last season was disappointing! 4th place is not acceptable at united and we must improve in the upcoming season. I think the perfect way to start this season is by winning the Charity Shield over Liverpool. I Would love to bring them back down to earth after their dream season" said Payne.

Payne also spoke about his team and possible additions.

" Nothing looks likely at the moment, but we are trying in the market. We were in for Nasri, Tevez and Suarez but clearly other teams were ready to offer "better" deals than we were. Nevertheless we will continue to scout the market for that one big addition" said Payne.

Paulo Henrique GANSO has completed his move to West Bromwich Albion from Roma for 4,000,000 plus Markel SUSAETA . All other offers were turned down.

Surprised to get him tbh... Thought the Gerrard offer was better. Good signing nonetheless. :D

West Bromwich Albion have made an offer to Napoli for Lewis HOLTBY of 1,500,000 plus Kévin CONSTANT and Luke DANIELS .
The offer for Lewis HOLTBY of Napoli from West Bromwich Albion has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Surprised no one else went for him.. Constant is decent, but Holtby is much better.

Surprised to get him tbh... Thought the Gerrard offer was better. Good signing nonetheless. :D

Somes up my transfers basically. I had a bid in for Diego Alves for just under 48 hours before Hull came and put a bid in just before it was accepted and got him.

I seriously am gutted.

Anyway, Gerrard is available, looking for a 89+ Winger or Midfielder.

big.gif

In come Diego Alves, Maxi Pereira, Tom Huddlestone, Jonathan Walters, Out go Andriy Pyatov, Brede Hangeland, Yevhen Khacheridi and Benoit Cheyrou.

Diego ALVES has moved to Hull City from Valencia in an exchange deal for Andriy PYATOV.

16963_186x236.jpg

My Pyatov for Alves, seems a decent swap, Alves seems to be main keeper at Valencia now.

The offer for Maxi Pereira of Benfica from Hull City has been accepted, the deal will be completed in the next 24 hours.

1905761.jpg

My Khacheridi and Cheyrou for Pereira, decent deal for us, will now sell Jonathan, maybe for a midfielder or something.

The offer for Tom Huddlestone of Juventus from Hull City has been accepted, the deal will be completed in the next 24 hours.

Tom-Huddlestone-Liverpool-2012.jpg

Giving Hangeland in a straight swap, seems like a decent swap with us being a bit weaker in midfield than we are in defence, plus we have got Gary Cahill on loan so its give us more options in defence so losing Hangeland for Huddlestone is fine.

The offer for Jonathan Walters of Paris Saint-German from Hull City has been accepted, the deal will be completed in the next 24 hours.

Euro%202012%20-%20Jonathan%20Walters.jpg

Walters is coming, we are paying £4.5M for him which is a bargain really.

Somes up my transfers basically. I had a bid in for Diego Alves for just under 48 hours before Hull came and put a bid in just before it was accepted and got him.

I seriously am gutted.

Anyway' date=' Gerrard is available, looking for a 89+ Winger or Midfielder.[/quote']

Unlucky on that mate, thought I would stick a bid in see if i could get him, surely it wasnt nearly 48 hours though since you put the bid in, highly doubt it was any more than 30 max.

Unlucky on that mate' date=' thought I would stick a bid in see if i could get him, surely it wasnt nearly 48 hours though since you put the bid in, highly doubt it was any more than 30 max.[/quote']

It was well over 24 hours, definitely close to two days but meh, that's life. Congrats on some great signings there.

I also have been busy with my Blackburn, I've managed to get two deals done with managed teams.

Montolivo + Giroud join from Stoke with Tevez departing. It was a large price to pay but the depth this squad has now means we can compete for domestic silverware without a doubt.

Also, Kevin-Prince Boateng looks set to join up with Blackburn Rovers with LEGEND Steven Gerrard heading to Chelsea. Again, a large price to pay for us but when KPB is injury free and can do his thing, he is BEAST!

Arsenal nabs another young starlet

cristiano-ronaldo-454-philippe-coutinho-brazil-number-10-jersey.jpg

Arsenal signed Brazilian sensation Philippe Coutinho for a fee in the region of 12M. The manager is thought to be delighted with the signing and is confident that the player will achieve great things with the club in the near future. This is the fourth consecutive youth signing in less than a week for the Gunners.

Elsewhere, Chelsea is close to securing two defenders, Dmytro Chygrynskiy and Ezequiel Garay are set to join the Londoners in the next 24 hours.

Wigan won a hard fought battle for the services of Stéphane Mbia. Giuseppe Rossi joins QPR. Record signing Miralem Pjanić moves to Aston Villa. Highly coveted Ganso chose WBA.

Manchester United made a double swoop for Lucas Biglia and the world's best striker, Nicklas Bendtner.

Carlisle United is most active team in the transfer market.

think i beat carlisle to M"bami but we'll see

Yep. I am really struggling to compete with Carlisle.

I have the smallest managed club in the gameworld so if any other club comes in for a player I want then thats my challenge ended there and then.

And here we go again :( .......

Carlisle United have made an offer to Zenit for Aleksandr KERZHAKOV

Fulham has made an undisclosed offer for Aleksandr KERZHAKOV of Zenit.

Thought I would get him as noone had him shortlisted and noone had bidded on him since the gameworld started

Oh well back to bidding for Inzaghi's, Michael owens and other permantly injured or aging undesirables ;)

Its hard being a tiny club in this gameworld. Not fun at all :(

Carlisle United is most active team in the transfer market.

I'm trying, really really trying to get a decent squad together next season after the disappointment of losing in the play offs, but its difficult.

Losing £1,000's and £1,000's each week so need to keep buying risers to sell just to stop me going into debt leaving very little for building a decent team

Why does Carlisle think he needs 76 players?

Answer = to survive.

My first team squad of players 85 + is only about 16/17 players.

The rest are all risers for profit. I know how to manage small teams its the only thing generally I do. The only way to do so is to be very active with scouting and in the transfer market.

Buy>Wait for rise>Sell>Repeat and Reinvest in risers again (and occasionally get a squad player)

Unless I want to be stuck with the 75-79 rated squad I inherited then the only way to eventually get to a startin 11 of 90+ with a small team is to buy and sell as many risers as possible

I'm sorry but you don't need 76 players' date=' that's what we call player hogging.[/quote']

Player hogging is when you hoard all the top players. 25 I have are below 74! I only have 16 above 85 of which only 5 are 90 +. Hardly hogging players people want. They will be sold as soon as Soccer Manager can be bothered to review their leagues

At the moment I can't even put out a competitive cup team!

I know how to successfully manage a small team and turn them into one of the best in the set up. This is the only way.

I really don't understand what your problem is.

Looking at your profile you dont manage small clubs so therefore you don't know the requirements and difficulties involved and how to overcome them. You never have to buy as many risers as you can, not only to build a team to go up the leagues and eventually get to your Chelsea/Arsenal/Milan, etc but to survive.

There is only me, Notts County, Peterbrough and possibly at a push PNE that are managed in this game world that I would class as a small club. All the rest had managers that are long gone. Probably because the vacated manager does not know how to or have the patience to build a small club and want the instant success a Manchester club, Bayern Munich or a Spanish Giant brings.

For every 90+ player I want to buy I need to find about 5 or 6 risers to fund the purchase then another 2or3 a season just to cover the new signings wages!

I enjoy the challenge of turning a minnow into a giant and buying and selling as many risers as possible is the only way to do it. Sorry if you don't like it but thats the way it is.

Can't see us ever agreeing on what the definition of a player hogger is (to me its someone taking every talent and star player, not someone looking to buy and sell to make money to progress) so I'm done in this arguement. :) Good Luck with your team :)

The offer for STEVEN N'ZONZI of Toulouse from Hull City has been accepted, the deal will be completed within the next 24 hours

Needed a back up CM to play with fellow back up Bakaye Traore, I decided go for NZonzi, we're paying just under £6M for the Frenchman.

The offer for free agent JOE COLE from Hull City has been accepted, the deal will be completed within the next 24 hours

Cole will play a lot, might not get straight in the first team because we have got Milner, Huddlestone and Diaby but he will be a regular sub an back up player, hes a bargain at £3.9M.

The offer for Dimitri PAYET of Barcelona from Hull City has been accepted, the deal will be completed within the next 24 hours

Payet is a former hull player here, we used him to get Ferdinand but have managed to resign him without any competition, will be a first team player, him and Downing as the main wingers.

The deal for him this time is £2.2M plus Ainsley and Fuller, great deal for him!

The offer for free agent Matt Jarvis from Hull City has been accepted, the deal will be completed within the next 24 hours

Paying £3.7M, good price, thats us done with our transfer business.

Selling a few youths, Hermannsson to Valur, Schilling to Darida and Wilson to York.

Right, heres our teams:

200px-Hull_City_AFC.png

First Team:

Alves (89)

Pereira(90)-Ferdinand(93)-Cahill(89)-Monreal(89)

Huddlestone(89)-Milner(90)

Payet(89)-Diaby(89)-Downing(89)

Adebayor(91)

Second Team:

Alves (89)

Jonathan(88)-Chico(87)-Kone(87)-Wilson(86)

Traore(86)-N'Zonzi(87)

Jarvis(87)-Joe Cole(89)-Guardado(88)

Lukaku(88)

Got a 23 man squad in atm, 21 of them are here.

Walters is also a notable player who i havent mentioned on the two teams due to the 1 forward on both teams but i will probably play more than one forward, havent got a set formation.

The other player in the 'first team' is Ashley Westwood, he wont play much at all though due to his low rating.

Have been able to bring N'Zonzi, Payet, Cole and Jarvis in due to me having cash remaining from the sale of Honda to Nottingham Forest for £18.8M and got some money from City in the deal what saw Luis Suarez move to the Etihad.

We have got some proper depth in this season though which is great, I just hope we can get some results going and stay consistent, i think I was lucky to get 6th place last season though, dont think i ever won 3 games in a row, was always win draw or lose, never was consistent, im hoping that changes!