Sign in to follow this  
LegendaryLemon

★The High Rollers League - An EC★

Re: ★The High Rollers League - An EC★

Apologies, as this is my first post.

Missed the transfer frenzy at the start of the season, however still managed to pick up Doumbia, Cazorla and Hulk for my Blackpool side, albeit my defense is a little on the sh*te side. :rolleyes:

The strength of the clubs in Div 2 is pretty impressive. Admitably we have struggled to date, with 4pts from a possible 12.

Finally got some decent points on the board with a 1-2 win at Millwall.

The Seasiders currently sit 13th in the table, with our next game at home against an experienced Ipswich side.

Anyway, i thought when we set this up, we agreed that there would be no quiters!?!!? Really pi**es me off that. Appreciate managers come and go, however this was a set up for the 'long term' managers.

Anyway, really competitive start to the season, which afterall is why we play this.

Hang in there all!

Cheers.

P.S. Enjoyed the You Tube draw........unique.

Apologies' date=' as this is my first post.

Missed the transfer frenzy at the start of the season, however still managed to pick up Doumbia, Cazorla and Hulk for my Blackpool side, albeit my defense is a little on the sh*te side. :rolleyes:

The strength of the clubs in Div 2 is pretty impressive. Admitably we have struggled to date, with 4pts from a possible 12.

Finally got some decent points on the board with a 1-2 win at Millwall.

The Seasiders currently sit 13th in the table, with our next game at home against an experienced Ipswich side.

Anyway, i thought when we set this up, we agreed that there would be no quiters!?!!? Really pi**es me off that. Appreciate managers come and go, however this was a set up for the 'long term' managers.

Anyway, really competitive start to the season, which afterall is why we play this.

Hang in there all!

Cheers.

P.S. Enjoyed the You Tube draw........unique.[/quote']

Great first post and best of luck with Blackpool.:D

very happy to have become the new Cardiff manager.

Looking to bring in some quality on a very small budget in the hope of building a better team down the line.Have a long term view to how l am going to manage.:D

Welcome:)

Good luck with the Bluebirds

Very disappointed that my Notts County went down 2-1 at home against Oldham. Poor result, conceding the winner in the 81st minute to a Shefki Kuqi strike.

What I lacked in possession, I made up for with 12 shots on target but only Fran Rico the defensive midfielder could get on the scoresheet. I was forced into some tactical changes for this fixture and have not decided quite whether it was a categorical failure or not.

Will look forward to trying to get something from my next game away against 4th placed Carlisle United and may even have a new face in the line-up!

I have been quite slow on the uptake, to realise the somewhat farcical P/E value I can get for Lee Hughes who is currently out of action due to a thigh strain.

Roll on Sunday and welcome to the new manager of Cardiff

And custard pies to Rochdale and Bournemouth deserters!

Just noticed that my predictions (on the other thread) are going quite well.

Chelsea top, Hull top, Peterborough bottom and Bury bottom all where I thought they would be. Reading are not far off either! :P

I'm sure it will all change after tonight.

Derby are still looking for their first win. Playing Leeds tonight.

Very flattered by the result! We won 5-1. Southampton were a strong strong team so cant be any more happier than I am. Had a change of formation to make sure we didnt both play 3-5-2 and it worked. Match stats were even.

E Oscar 18, 51

Raul 34, 39, 74

Gourcuff 41

Very flattered by the result! We won 5-1. Southampton were a strong strong team so cant be any more happier than I am. Had a change of formation to make sure we didnt both play 3-5-2 and it worked. Match stats were even.

E Oscar 18' date=' 51

Raul 34, 39, 74

Gourcuff 41

[/b']

Did you look at the stats? I burst out laughing when i read them. I may have a red card and an injury but, more often then not, that doesn't make an iota of difference. I kind of expected to lose but to edge the stats and lose 5-1 ridiculous. I don't want to take anything away from your victory but this is a joke.

Jamezz Chettz steered Colchester United to victory against Chesterfield.

Colchester United beat Chesterfield 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Ahmedov scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Acquafresca was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Did you look at the stats? I burst out laughing when i read them. I may have a red card and an injury but' date=' more often then not, that doesn't make an iota of difference. I kind of expected to lose but to edge the stats and lose 5-1 ridiculous. I don't want to take anything away from your victory but this is a joke.[/quote']

I wont deny that the scoreline was unfair based on your stats, I mentioned they were even. Guess you was just unlucky.I got Hammered 6-1 in another gameworld with similar stats.

I wont deny that the scoreline was unfair based on your stats' date=' I mentioned they were even. Guess you was just unlucky.I got Hammered 6-1 in another gameworld with similar stats.

[/b']

Problem is, this happens far too often. I edge or dominate games and most of the time, i lose. I usually win when i've been outplayed. The match engine is a joke and the person responsible should be impaled.

Strong 3-0 win over Burnley, goals coming from Benfica duo Matic and Rodrigo the other came from an own goal. Move up to 5th only 3 points behind the leader, next up is Boro who are currently sitting 10th even though they have a pretty neat squad, will be a good battle on thursday.

Geoffrey Kan steered Peterborough United to victory against Brighton and Hove Albion.

Peterborough United beat Brighton and Hove Albion 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Van Buyten and Lam were amongst the goalscorers.

The insertion of Lam :D made the difference! He got me a goal and an assist for his debut game. Secondly, our captain Van Buyten provided us with his usual scoring as a defender :). Good win as we go from 20th to 15th :D;)

Derby County 0 Leeds Utd 1

Wayne Harman steered Leeds United to victory against fierce rivals Derby County.

Leeds United beat Derby County 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Pastore scored the winner for Leeds United and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKO80EdZfgRJ0K-LvUAogZ3Z-TEEdQJM15zpWvXex_pXxrIdAA

Pastore on the final whistle

Up next Birmingham City at home where ill be hoping for more of the same:D

Problem is' date=' this happens far too often. I edge or dominate games and most of the time, i lose. I usually win when i've been outplayed. The match engine is a joke and the person responsible should be impaled.[/quote']

you didnt seem to have a problem when you beat me 7-2 or whatever it was

in other news, earned a hardly satisfying draw with Bury tonight

Barnsley - Leicester 1:0

After 3 wins in a row, Foxes had the second defeat of the season, at Oakwell Stadium against Barnsley. Even if Foxes had the possession (58%), the hosts from Barnsley had more shots on goal ( 13 chances) and won the game by merit.

This result moved down Leicester from 2nd to 6th position in Division 2. Next fixture is on home ground against the traditional rivals from Derby County

(17th in league). Will be a must win game to remain on play-off position for the Foxes.

Reading 5-2 Bournemouth

5 out of 5 for the Royals. Doubles from Isco and Alvaro plus one from Jonas. Lead by 2 points after Sheffield United's big win over the Saints. Division 3 looks like it's gonna be good today.

Problem is' date=' this happens far too often. I edge or dominate games and most of the time, i lose. I usually win when i've been outplayed. The match engine is a joke and the person responsible should be impaled.[/quote']

These types of stats versus results happen in real life football all the time!

So saying the match engine is a joke (because you lost) is effectively saying SM is a joke, so why bother?

These types of stats versus results happen in real life football all the time!

So saying the match engine is a joke (because you lost) is effectively saying SM is a joke' date=' so why bother?[/quote']

you are correct

out with infernito ! B)