Future England CB?

marcocwwong

Re: Future England CB?

Who has potential to become England's solid CB in coming years after Terry and Rio Ferdinand?

Philip Jones' date=' Chris Smalling, Michael Dawson, Gary Cahill, Mikel Richards, Caulker............???

who else??[/quote']

Jones-Smalling..

Who has potential to become England's solid CB in coming years after Terry and Rio Ferdinand?

Philip Jones' date=' Chris Smalling, Michael Dawson, Gary Cahill, Mikel Richards, Caulker............???

who else??[/quote']

Agree... Jones and Smalling. Dunno why Dawson is in there :confused:

Jones and Smalling is definitely going to be England's CB pairing for the future: and United's CB pairing aswell. That partnership will be world class in a few years

England's RB I think will be Kyle Walker: he looks like a very good wingback, and he's a similar age to Jones and Smalling, so if England handle this right, they could have a really good backline in a few years.

LB is a bit of a toss up, once Cole retires: there's no obvious successor, and this will be the main position up for grabs I reckon

Jones and Smalling is definitely going to be England's CB pairing for the future: and United's CB pairing aswell. That partnership will be world class in a few years

England's RB I think will be Kyle Walker: he looks like a very good wingback' date=' and he's a similar age to Jones and Smalling, so if England handle this right, they could have a really good backline in a few years.

LB is a bit of a toss up, once Cole retires: there's no obvious successor, and this will be the main position up for grabs I reckon[/quote']

Leighton Baines seems the one in the immediate future once Cole retires, other than him you are right, we don't have many players there, but maybe Phil Jones could even play there? Just a thought as he is a versatile defender!:)

Cahill and Smalling is the best shout.

it should be Jones and Smalling but no England manager will have the stones to commit to youth that hard. Jones will play in midfield, though, and because he's so awesome he'll get rises anyway so sign him up if you can.

as for England's future LB: if Leighton Baines is an international-class left-back then I'm Garrincha uncle. Holland, while not even really trying, made him look like a complete door-handle on numerous occasions at Wembley.

Clyne's right-footed and Fryers has his priorities so screwed up he's holding his boyhood club to ransom over a new contract with just a couple of Carling Cup games under his belt. unless Bertrand hulks out (which he won't do as long as he's Cole's backup at Chelsea) it's not looking pretty on the left side of defence - unlike the right where we have Walker, Richards and even Jones.