Sign in to follow this  
evoked87

NEW Custom Gameworld: Football Legends

New Custom Gameworld: Football Legends

8-maradona-diego.jpg

The Legends gameworld will consist of only football legends.

Legends Criteria:

- Famous, Well known and recognized

- Retired footballers or Existing footballers who are at least 30 years old

- Very good footballer (stat 91-99)

All clubs start off with Empty squads.

All players will start off as Free Agents.

There will be no External Clubs.

Gameworld options:

All the applicable custom gameworld advanced rules (Economy Level, Player Concerns, SMFA Monitoring, Club starting balance etc.)

New Additional options (Permanent):

1. Number of players cap per club: 20/25/30/40/50/No Limit

2. Player Decline: On/Off

If On,

Legends will automatically deduct one stat point per real-world calendar year.

Legends will automatically retire after they drop below stat 85.

If Off,

Legends stat point will remain the same forever until they retire at standard age of 40.

Legends starting age is determined by the period when they were at their peak.

3. New Legends: On/Off

If On,

New legends will be added to the database anytime as long as he fulfills the criteria.

If Player Decline was selected, both his age and rating will be pro-rated to the number of years past in the game.

If Player Decline was not selected, only his age will be pro-rated to the number of years past in the game.

If Off,

There will be no future addition to the initial database.

Other information:

A Legends gameworld will be incredibly popular as it is every football fan dream to fantasize the possibility of footballing legends playing with or against each other at the same time. Managers can even build a team of legends from the same nationality to go against other teams.

SM completely neglects the potential and excitement of these players when they retire or fade off from football. Thus, a Legends gameworld can allow football fans & players experience how an era of all the biggest names playing together could have been in reality. This is also a unique opportunity for SM to introduce the number of players cap per club in this special gameworld.

We all know it is not difficult for SM to add new players or reintroduce retired players to a database as long as they have the data and information. So this is gameworld is a possible entity. I believe many SM fans hope this gameworld could become a reality as it is something completely new and refreshing to the game as a whole.

1213k9w.jpg

Re: NEW Custom Gameworld: Football Legends

The legends database should be at least a few hundred players.

I have started work on the first 3 nations according to Fifa 100 list. I’m sure there are more players outside the list that can be added but this is a good list to start on.

I would like this to be a community effort. So if you are interested, you can help out by adding new players to the list. It’ll be more helpful if you can complete the data of a group of players by nationality rather than random single player.

Ensuring all the big names and legends are in the list is the main priority. The SM Rating is debatable and open for discussion after the list gets bigger and more comprehensive. This can be a great achievement for the SM community and very inspiring as it will become the fruit of our labour.

Cheers :D

HljUS.jpg

(work in progress)

Preview

lGCF8.jpg

That is well good man..I can see you've put a lot of work into it and the ratings are pretty close to what you'd expect. This is a great idea, I would love to play in a game world with legends.

That is well good man..I can see you've put a lot of work into it and the ratings are pretty close to what you'd expect. This is a great idea' date=' I would love to play in a game world with legends.[/quote']

Thank you.

I also spent some time thinking about how the gameworld can be run and the settings. The Legends database requires quite some work to get it as accurate as possible. It is difficult for one person, that's why this being a community effort is a more viable & meaningful approach. Making this a real community effort, unlike the silly soccerwiki which seems to only make things messier. Hahha. Maybe you'll also like to pick 1-2 countries to work on too. :D

I'll probably be working on the next few nations from the Fifa 100 list. A few big ones coming up in a row, England-France-Germany. Done up England in a more comprehensive way than just Fifa 100.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_100

I would remove Player Decline option. Why shouldn't legends stay for ever? :D

That's why there are options On/Off for gamers to choose. Some people may like it On, others Off. 4 different combinations of gameworld playing styles can be formed. :)

So most legends are English? Never knew that :o

Anyways:

Johan Cruijff | Fwd/AM | 25 | 99

:D

Still work in progress' date=' haha... There's next page at the bottom though, if you are familiar with excel should know that. That's why some peeps are discussing about Germans. :D

Main goal is getting the big names in now, but any sensible and friendly debate welcomed. Anyway it is normal that anyone will get excited with football's greatest, haha. I might not be 100% accurate, so a panel of review/feedback from the forums is more fair. I'm getting some opinion from my friends too.

Will try to update more later.

Yes way...he was far better...a german legend.

Both are "Legends"! :P

Here's one for ya. :)

Hungary

Ferenc Puskás (Forward) Left-Footed

1958–1966 Real Madrid 182 apps (157) goals

1945–1956 Hungary 85 apps (84) goals

As for rating I would guess about 96-98

Here's one for ya. :)

Hungary

Ferenc Puskás (Forward) Left-Footed

1958–1966 Real Madrid 182 apps (157) goals

1945–1956 Hungary 85 apps (84) goals

As for rating I would guess about 96-98

Exceptional talent.

Working on all the big nations + Fifa 100 list. Just done up Italy! I think not much left, next big one is Netherlands. I'll probably be manage to catch most of the big names, but may miss the ones that are good players but not top tier, so if there's any such players that you think I'll miss them then feel free to share them. :D

Northern Ireland

George Best (CM/AM) Both Footed

1963–1974 Manchester United 361 apps (137) goals

1964–1977 Northern Ireland 37 apps (9) goals

Rating 90+ ?

Still work in progress' date=' haha... There's next page at the bottom though, if you are familiar with excel should know that. That's why some peeps are discussing about Germans. :D

[b']Main goal is getting the big names in now[/b], but any sensible and friendly debate welcomed. Anyway it is normal that anyone will get excited with football's greatest, haha. I might not be 100% accurate, so a panel of review/feedback from the forums is more fair. I'm getting some opinion from my friends too.

Will try to update more later.

Both are "Legends"! :P

So you put in lots of unknown English 'legends' ? :P

Poland

Włodzimierz Lubański (CF) right-footed

1963–1975 Górnik Zabrze 234 apps (155) goals

1975–1982 Lokeren 196 apps (82) goals

1982–1983 Valenciennes 31 apps (28) goals

1983–1985 Stade Quimpérois 58 apps (14) goals

1963–1980 Poland 75 apps (48) goals

Rating 93+?

Grzegorz Lato (Wing/Fwd) right-footed

1966–1980 Stal Mielec 295 apps (117) goals

1980–1982 Lokeren 64 apps (12) goals

1982–1984 Atlante 45 apps (15) goals

1971–1984 Poland 100 apps (45) goals

Rating 92+?

So you put in lots of unknown English 'legends' ? :P

Missed out Heskey apparently. lol. Most of them are well known names at least.. and if they were good enough for a 91+ when at their peak then I'll include them to make up a bigger pool of players.

Missed out Heskey apparently. lol. Most of them are well known names at least.. and if they were good enough for a 91+ when at their peak then I'll include them to make up a bigger pool of players.

Well next to the players still playing I know only around 5/10 of them :o

Anyways just joking around a bit, I'll try to get you a list of Dutch names in a week or so if you're not done by then already (don't have any time this week unfortunately to really go into it due to school).

Well next to the players still playing I know only around 5/10 of them :o

Anyways just joking around a bit' date=' I'll try to get you a list of Dutch names in a week or so if you're not done by then already (don't have any time this week unfortunately to really go into it due to school).[/quote']

Haha.. no problem, can always see who I missed out. Working on it now actually, and looking at Sleeps' players. Not familiar with them, good thing there's position, rating suggestion already lol.

Haha.. no problem' date=' can always see who I missed out. Working on it now actually, and looking at Sleeps' players. Not familiar with them, good thing there's position, rating suggestion already lol.[/quote']

That's the advantage of me being a golden oldie myself...I remember a lot of the old stars. :D

Impressed here, good job! I hope SM take serious notice to this, it will be a HUGE drawcard for new players and current players alike. I would DEFINITLY take part in a league like this.

Only one thing though. If you turn new additions off, wouldn't you run out of players eventually? Ok if they retire at 40, there is a while before that happens. And that depends on how big this game world would be. 10 teams would have plenty of players for ages, but 100 teams you will run out much faster. And I guess if you lower the bar of what criteria the players need to have (say letting in more players who were not as big as the others) then you will have more time before you run out. But surely you would have to have either no retirements, or allowing new players to be added?

Besides that, I am excited about this idea. Sorry, I am only 30, so my knowledge of legends is limited, and it doesn't help that I am in New Zealand, a legend to us is Ryan Nelsen, so a bit of a drop in quality compared to the legends you are adding :P

The new player additions can be On/Off. On is likely the more popular option, the main reason for Off is for games who doesn't want to mix the current modern names, but I think most people will like it On. I think there won't be a problem even if there is no option but only turning it on.

As for the criteria, I think right now is just fine, setting too low will take away the Legends novelty. Will however consider lower entry for countries that don't have a lot of football talent, afterall it is best to have representatives from all major nations, maybe just not so good "legends" in contrast to the big football nations. :P

At the moment we're still trying to increase the database, working with the more well known countries first, some countries only have a 1-2 names or not done yet, so it'll get bigger and better.

Added the big team Netherlands, amazing how such a small country has so much talent. Also latest additions include Northern Ireland, Paraguay, Peru, Poland & Portugal.

http://www.editgrid.com/user/evoked87/SM_Legends_database

---

nobody spotted Dennis Law is not English, corrected it anyway, haha... hopefully nothing else wrong there, will appreciate if someone can take a look through the England list.

*** Added all Major football nations. Latest inductee, Spain.

*** Added some smaller football nations, like Algeria, Georgia, Singapore.

*** Currently working on:

- Adding more countries & players

- Fine tuning stats