Creating a Data Pack

TotnumMatt

So I am trying to create my own data pack, and sadly SM's help is not overly helpful.

I have tried doing it how I thought it might have to be done, but its not working.

So far I have -

* Downloaded Notepad ++ and entered the following, and saved it at an html file....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

I didn't change a thing to see if you can use the example as a test.

*Created an account on 4shared and uploaded the file to there.

*Grabbed the url for the file and entered it into the data pack submit.

Its telling me its not formatted properly. Is it that the 'pictures' are screwing it up? Do I submit pictures to 4shared and change the names of them in the code?

Or is it the baseImage bit? Thats whats confusing me, I assumed the baseImage is something the code changes, and since it gives links in the codes, and the links don't load anything, thats where the issue is. Or are the links examples only, and the url for my own data file/pictures are what go in the code?

What I need basically is a code that works, that I can alter for my own packs.

Re: Creating a Data Pack

So I am trying to create my own data pack' date=' and sadly SM's help is not overly helpful.

I have tried doing it how I thought it might have to be done, but its not working.

So far I have -

* Downloaded Notepad ++ and entered the following, and saved it at an html file....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

I didn't change a thing to see if you can use the example as a test.

*Created an account on 4shared and uploaded the file to there.

*Grabbed the url for the file and entered it into the data pack submit.

Its telling me its not formatted properly. Is it that the 'pictures' are screwing it up? Do I submit pictures to 4shared and change the names of them in the code?

Or is it the baseImage bit? Thats whats confusing me, I assumed the baseImage is something the code changes, and since it gives links in the codes, and the links don't load anything, thats where the issue is. Or are the links examples only, and the url for my own data file/pictures are what go in the code?

What I need basically is a code that works, that I can alter for my own packs.[/quote']

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understood you 100% correctly, so I'll post about my problem, when I tried to load up a data-pack.

I also worked on a data pack some time ago, with the target to name OZIL 'ÖZIL'. ;)

Here it is:

When I entered the xml-file's URL on SoccerManger there occured an error, which basically said the the Pack doesn't work (same error like you got, I suppose).

I think the problem is, that an URL is needed that shows the xml-file's content.

When I entered my URL to my browser there just appeared a site, where the xml-file could be downloaded.

Till now I didn't found out what to do, to make it work.

Hi' date='

I'm not sure if I understood you 100% correctly, so I'll post about my problem, when I tried to load up a data-pack.

I also worked on a data pack some time ago, with the target to name OZIL 'ÖZIL'. ;)

Here it is:

When I entered the xml-file's URL on SoccerManger there occured an error, which basically said the the Pack doesn't work (same error like you got, I suppose).

I think the problem is, that an URL is needed that shows the xml-file's content.

When I entered my URL to my browser there just appeared a site, where the xml-file could be downloaded.

Till now I didn't found out what to do, to make it work.[/quote']

Yes, you and I are having a similar problem I think. The question is, where do you enter your own URL for your xml file, because the URL's in the code seem to be for the base pack only. So we need someone to show us how to add the URL to the code.

I tried replacing the URL in the code, with the one for my new code, but that didn't work...probably because its for the base pack.

Anyway I have sent a ticket to the admins, so I will let you know if they help me work it out!

QUÄLIX - Apoligies, I misunderstood what the issue you are having. Now that I have figured out my issue might not be to do with the basedata pack, I am wondering if my issue is the same as yours.

What site are you using for uploading the files? Because 4shared also just comes up with a download page. And with 4shared I can't edit the text while I am in there which is frustrating. Given the url for the pack changes everytime I upload it too...

I tried out some different web-pages, I found by using Google (can't remember them), but always the same problem occured... :o

Some customer-packs are uploaded already, so basically it must be possible.

Maybe someone else can help us here?!

EDIT: Has your ticket been answered?

• 3 weeks later...

I tried out some different web-pages' date=' I found by using Google (can't remember them), but always the same problem occured... :o

Some customer-packs are uploaded already, so basically it must be possible.

Maybe someone else can help us here?!

EDIT: Has your ticket been answered?[/quote']

Hey there sorry for the late reply. Been super busy the last couple of weeks. Yeah its really frustrating, but no, the ticket hasn't been answered which is REALLY annoying. Least they could do would point me in the right direction or tell me they can't be a help! :mad:

Progress at last!

They have finally answered my ticket, here is their reply:

Hi Matthew,

Sorry for the delay in replying to this ticket.

Did you have any more luck with getting the data pack to work? We realise that the first version of the system is not ideal and plan to make improvements to make the system easier to use in the future.

We would recommend using fileden.com to upload your .xml files to as other people have had success with that website. Most of the free websites have special pages that are displayed instead of your uploaded content.

A website like tinypic.com will be better than fileden for images as they will all be put in the same folder on tinypic so this can be used for the baseImageUrl.

Here is an example of a datapack that was added to SM:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/3/5/3274233/calciofiorentino1.xml

If you enter that file in your browser and save the result you should be able to edit it with a text editor.

To upload it, you will have to change the file name each time you save it and the value of the 'name' attribute in the file.

Please let us know if this information is of help with your data pack.

Regards

Soccer Manager

I have to go out shortly but I will look into it and post what success I have (If any) later on.

Ok, I have had a wee bit of success, followed by it still not working.

I can now add a pack to soccermanager, just not a working one.

fileden.com is a good site for uploading the xml file to. tinypic for the pictures, not sure. I managed to upload pics to tinypic, but I get the feeling that its either this site, or the picture portion of the code (baseImageURL) thats screwing me up. So I have asked again in another ticket, if I am right, and if so what to put in there, the URL of the site, or of the album where the pics are, on the site.

tinypic is now telling me my password is wrong, and it can't reset the password right now, grrrr!

I tried by writing the xml based on having the pics on fileden instead, but for baseImageURL I put the album location, and this wouldn't even upload to soccermanager.

Getting there I guess, its just a slow and painful progress!

Progress at last!

They have finally answered my ticket' date=' here is their reply:

[b'] Hi Matthew,

Sorry for the delay in replying to this ticket.

Did you have any more luck with getting the data pack to work? We realise that the first version of the system is not ideal and plan to make improvements to make the system easier to use in the future.

We would recommend using fileden.com to upload your .xml files to as other people have had success with that website. Most of the free websites have special pages that are displayed instead of your uploaded content.

A website like tinypic.com will be better than fileden for images as they will all be put in the same folder on tinypic so this can be used for the baseImageUrl.

Here is an example of a datapack that was added to SM:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/3/5/3274233/calciofiorentino1.xml

If you enter that file in your browser and save the result you should be able to edit it with a text editor.

To upload it, you will have to change the file name each time you save it and the value of the 'name' attribute in the file.

Please let us know if this information is of help with your data pack.

Regards

Soccer Manager

[/b]

I have to go out shortly but I will look into it and post what success I have (If any) later on.

I'll definitely try this soon. Thanks

OK. Now I'm also able to load up data-packs. :D

I named Mesut ÖZIL "Mesut Özil" (with small letters), but it only works partially in the game.

While his player-profile-name is "Mesut Özil", as it should be, he's named "Mesut ÖZIL" in the squad-overview. Do I have to understand this?

Another problem is, that I didn't found a way to delete my own data-pack and that it seems to be public, though it is said in the In-Game instruction, that it can be chosen to make a pack public or not.

It's all a little bit confusing... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hey buddy

I have successfully uploaded my data pack now, I can do players names, and their pictures. Haven't tried teams yet.

Not sure whats going on with your first problem, I will re-read it in a bit. Yes you can delete your packs. I am going to write up a guide to the data packs within the next few hours, and I will explain how to delete them there :).

• 6 years later...
On 6/25/2012 at 6:11 PM, TotnumMatt said:

Hey buddy

I have successfully uploaded my data pack now, I can do players names, and their pictures. Haven't tried teams yet.

Not sure whats going on with your first problem, I will re-read it in a bit. Yes you can delete your packs. I am going to write up a guide to the data packs within the next few hours, and I will explain how to delete them there :).

so i tried making a data pack and its very confusing i just wanted to add myself in the game,but i cant so can u pls add me into  the game.

if u can pls contact me via email

Archived