Sign in to follow this  
Dexterbrazil

A New Project

Hello all.

I made this post to explain some thngs about a new project concerning SM that I've started, and to ask for something.

First, the explanations:

We all have great threads about great setups, like EC3, WC2, EC1, GC4, etc., don't we? And we have great posts on these threads aswell.

But there are many threads, and, sometimes, we can't find the information we are looking for because the threads have Match reports, tranfers notices, general chit-chat, making it kinda confusing, am I right?

In order to make that data research easy, I had the idea to make an unique space where all the information regarding big moves, results, match comments could be gathered, from all over the SM world.

Like a REAL newspaper, where you can, at the same time check setup A results, and find that Henry was sold for 70M on setup B, etc...

Of course, the SM Forum Match Reports will still be extremely needed, and wanted, cause they are filled with great comments, and this "New Project" will be focused in just a small part of those comments.

Again of course, this new project is an independent fansite, like the ones you can find about other online games, that you may find too simple for it's purpose, but I can guarantee that altough simple it will be fully functional, and updates may occur from time to time on it's structure.

But, Yuri, how can you gather information about so many setups, if you can't participate in all of them at the same time?, you might ask.

Simple.

YOU, yes, YOU will help me. Just like any real newspaper has journalists who works for it, you can be part of the team that will keep the site updated with fresh news!

But isn't that too hard, Yuri?

NO!, Not at all! Since league games are played at wednesdays and saturdays (for normal setups), you won't have too much trouble finding tranfers information on friday; or setup results on sunday; or cup games on tuesday!

Unfortunately, the "project" (which is a "tunned" blog) isn't 100% ready yet, but I expect to finish adding it's components soon enough.

Now the part where I ask for your help.

If you think this is a good idea, and you are willing to help me, being a journalist for SoccerManager News - yes, it has a name ;) - just post here/send me a PM which the following:

Your name.

Setups you can cover.

How much spare time you have for the next 2,3 months.

Why do you want to help SMNews.

A "preview" of a shortnews made by yourself*

Also, if you have a Google account (for Blogger, GMail, GoogleTalk, Picasa, Orkut, etc..) send me the email you use, that way you'll be able to post News by yourself.

Another note, I'm not asking for poets, but a decent English, and writting skills are requested (you know, as good as my english, don't want any Bobo's applying :P)

For the shortnews you'll submit with your application, I can give you some advices:

Ordinary transfers, like a young 70 rated player to Arsenal isn't what I'm looking for. Now, Kaka being sold by 80M to Arsenal is something we can work with. A young, 70 rated, player being sold for 80M is a great shotnews!.

Also, there's no need to post Setup's complete round results, just that Barca 2x2 Real Madrid, that made Real reach the lead, etc..

Anyway, if you are not sure if something will make a good shortnews, just ask yourself if you would be, in any way, affected is reading your proposed shortnews ina rela paper. If you're still nto sure, feel free to send me as many shortnews as you want. ;)

Well, any doubts, please state in here, and I'll be happy to clear it for you.

Also, I'm all ears if you ave any suggestion or critic.

Thank you for your attention.

I forgot to add that there will be a section for articles, like how to set a good formation, using tactics, writting reports, anything you think it's usefull.

By the way, if you want to see how the blog/site/projet is, feel free to visit http://soccermanagernews.blogspot.com/ . There's an exmaple of post, one column alreayd made, but many things will be changed/added (like the second column and it's elements, and the header.)

EDIT Nº 2: I wasn't sure if this post should be made in here, or on the General Football section, or maybe even on the Misc section.Any mod, feel free to put it on the right place.

SoccerManager News Journalists:

Tom_MFC

Baseball Furie

Legendary Reg

leigh

George_EC_MU

Roscoee

Re: A New Project

First of all fair play for trying to set this up ;)

It might or might not work out, i really think it will really help the Private Setups but as for normal setups im not really interested if henry moves for 50 million if im not in that setup so most likly of all the main forumers how many are in the same setups (bar gold setups) not alot i think

So very good for Gold & private setups ;)

ps: In leamingtons invitational setup you left Birkirkara ina right state lol but thanks for all the money, all well spent ;)

First of all fair play for trying to set this up ;)

It might or might not work out' date=' i really think it will really help the Private Setups but as for normal setups im not really interested if henry moves for 50 million if im not in that setup so most likly of all the main forumers how many are in the same setups (bar gold setups) not alot i think

So very good for Gold & private setups ;)

ps: In leamingtons invitational setup you left Birkirkara ina right state lol but thanks for all the money, all well spent ;)[/quote']

You might not be inetrested in his move on another setup, but, let's say you want to know how far you can raise an offer for him in your setup (if you amange his team), you'll have something to guide you. ;)

What a fantastic thread this is. Would be taking match report up a gear. The link you provided at the end is very nice to look at, i think you should PM stegore to get his views on it and see if he would be interested in getting behind it at all. I am happy to stick this in the Match Report section. PM me if you want it moving to Suggestions which would be its next best place I think, as SM need to be thinking about things like this if they are not already. Hopefully the newspaper they are planning will be something like how your blog looks if successful, if not it should be.

Thank you very much for your comment, Teb.

I might PM stegore later, after the blog is done. Currently I'm working on the last HTML part. Maybe it will be "released"to the community next week (I hope).

Nevertheless, I deeply appreciate your consideration, and enthusiasm! :)

Another note, I'm not asking for poets, but a descent English, and writting skills are requested (you know, as good as my english, don't want any Bobo's applying :P)

Ok, Ok, jeeezz, I won't be applying then.. :(

Good idea - hope it works for you :)

Ok im very interested Yuri ;) great idea btw,

Your name = Tom Greenfield

Setups you can cover = GC2, GC7, EC1, Creme and Georges World Elite

How much spare time you have for the next 2,3 months = 5 or 6 hours every 2 days

Why do you want to help SMNews = its a great idea, been waiting for it so long and love match reporting, chit chatting etc.

A "preview" of a shotnews made by yourself* = i dont know what shotnews it weather its a typing error or a programe but heres me doing a match report

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=134633&postcount=751

Anything to help an old friend :)

Your name = Sam Wainwright

Setups you can cover = WC2, GC7, Raz's Forum Champs, Leammy's Invitational and The Chatroom Elite.

How much spare time you have for the next 2,3 months = Unlimited :D

Why do you want to help SMNews = What Tom said and also to help out an old friend

A "preview" of a shotnews made by yourself* = Not a match report however i do do those. this is a Transfer and Gossip post.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=134698#post134698

Ok im very interested Yuri ;) great idea btw' date='

Your name = Tom Greenfield

Setups you can cover = GC2, GC7, EC1, Creme and Georges World Elite

How much spare time you have for the next 2,3 months = 5 or 6 hours every 2 days

Why do you want to help SMNews = its a great idea, been waiting for it so long and love match reporting, chit chatting etc.

A "preview" of a shotnews made by yourself* = i dont know what shotnews it weather its a typing error or a programe but heres me doing a match report

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=134633&postcount=751[/url]

Typo-man to the rescue! thanks for letting me know Tom. It is Shortnews. I don't know how can it be more obvious, but a shortnews is a short news, like any good post on the forums, but smaller than an article.

And thank you for your interest. As soon as I finish the blog, I'll add you to the Journalist board.

And you too, Sam

Great idea Yuri mate.

Your name = Reggio

Setups you can cover = GC7

How much spare time you have for the next 2,3 months = Every day after 4:30, apart from Saturday and Sunday.

Why do you want to help SMNews = what tom said, and what sam said.

A "preview" of a shotnews made by yourself* = I can give you a story so far report for gc7 and transfer gossip one, cos I can't find a recent match report:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=134136#post134136

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=133639#post133639

Typo-man to the rescue! thanks for letting me know Tom. It is Shortnews. I don't know how can it be more obvious' date=' but a shortnews is a short news, like any good post on the forums, but smaller than an article.

And thank you for your interest. As soon as I finish the blog, I'll add you to the Journalist board.

And you too, Sam

Anytime mate, i'll bring the best of my ability to the job.

Hey Yuri' date=' do you mind telling us who are in the Journalist board?[/quote']

You all are kinda slow today aren't you? :P

Forumers willing to contrinute to SMNews until now:

Yuri*

Sam*

Tom

Reggio

Leigh

*User has a google account. Therefore, he can post news by himself on the blog.

Am i right in saying you only get invited Yuri?

Not anymore. Now you can sign up for a GMail account without needing an invitation.

@Tom: just go to http://gmail.com and make yourself a google/gmail account.

Without that account you'll be use all the affiliate sites of Google, like Blogger, Orkut, Google Talk....