Alexandre Silva FABIO COENTRAO

Insider

Player name: Alexandre Silva FABIO COENTRAO (Rio Ave)

Born: 11 March 1988

Nationality: Portugese

Position: Winger/Attacking Midfield

Rating: 72

Last Rating Change: 0

Form: -----

Morale: Okay

Value: £91k

Contract: 1 Years - £7,200 per Turn

Condition: 94%

Transfer Status: UnKnown

Has been compared to Rui Costa by Rui Costa himself. Is going to Benfica for the '07 - '08 season, and is the most impressive (and lowest rated) of Portuguese at the U 20 World Cup. He plays mostly up front, but stays wide. Has great talent with the ball, and had New Zealanders going left, right, up and down last game at the U-20's.

Keep an eye on him.

Re: Alexandre Silva FABIO COENTRAO

Hehe, Insider, you evil person.

I have him on my list of talents that I did not want to reveal as I haven't bought all the Coentrao's I possibly could yet! lol, would have revealed him within the next week... anyway, he's here, but he's my scout :P lol, possibly a VERY good find - great player, I prefer to compare him to Simao rather than Rui Costa. He's extremely skillful, just like Simao, and will break it at about 23, sort of like Simao. Same type of player really, very good one. I saw him play last game of Portugal in the U/20's and he was amazing, along with Bruno Gama and Mano (Please note - Mano played at RB not at DM like stated in the game). Coentrao was the one who impressed me most overall though, as Gama is already a 'known' star if you know what I mean, however I did notice his weakness - he's quite impatient, and wants the ball a little too often, which can be a good thing, but for example when someone shoots and misses he sort of puts his hands infront of him with the attitude 'Aye, you should have passed here... *shows an empty line infront of him..*' :)

Anyway, at that price buy him... Insider, before posting talents tell me so that I'll tell you if they're on my list or not, lol.. :D

I would compare him to Simao ahead of Rui Costa, I was just stating that RUI COSTA compared Coentrao to Rui Costa.

I see the attitude you mentioned. He had an amazing shot yesterday though, didn't he? With the outside of his foot and one intense curve.

Too bad he misses the Gambia game because of his 2 yellows (Both for diving :rolleyes: )

As far as Mano and Gama go, I had them both mentionned in my report about that game in the U 20 thread in the Player Talent Scout forum. Great minds think alike ;) .

• 2 weeks later...

i saw a vid of portugal u-20 vs new zealand u-20 . he was amazing , his dribbling is a mixture of messi's style and robben's style . but it seems he won't get much playing time . more subs appearances than starting . just like joao coimbra of benfica

He very well could crack the starting eleven if Simao Sabrosa leaves. He's apparently very unhappy and ready to quit if he doesn't get transferred. If Simao leaves, it leaves them with very limited options on the wing. Rui Costa's getting old, Manu and Petit are both more central/defensive midfielders, and Karagounis is already gone.

Coentrao could see more 1st squad action then expected.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Opportunities for Fabio Coentrao (19/80/£2.2M) have proved limited at Benfica, just 104 minutes in the first 4 league games and no time since.

Well good news potentially Coentrao has been loaned to Nacional, currently 9th in the Portuguese top flight.

This should be good news for the players rating and I can see rises to 82/83 if he enjoys regular action.

Opportunities for Fabio Coentrao (19/80/£2.2M) have proved limited at Benfica' date=' just 104 minutes in the first 4 league games and no time since.

Well good news potentially Coentrao has been loaned to Nacional, currently 9th in the Portuguese top flight.

This should be good news for the players rating and I can see rises to 82/83 if he enjoys regular action.[/quote']

Brilliant!!!

I also lost hope and was about to sell him for another young prospect , hope he plays there though .

• 1 month later...

He played again today. He joined the game during the minute 55 and since then his team attacked better and created more danger. He hit the bar with one fantastic shot, was the better player of his team.. but lost the game. He showed the coach that he have capacity to be titular after this excelent game.

He played again today. He joined the game during the minute 55 and since then his team attacked better and created more danger. He hit the bar with one fantastic shot' date=' was the better player of his team.. but lost the game. He showed the coach that he have capacity to be titular after this excelent game.[/quote']

Yes I'm very happy as it seems he's getting much playing time:)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have to say, I'm a bit surprised at how little love Coentrao gets on here compared to players like Kjaer and Hamsik. I think Fabio is just as promising and has proved only a little less. They all belong in the same category.

I have to say' date=' I'm a bit surprised at how little love Coentrao gets on here compared to players like Kjaer and Hamsik. I think Fabio is just as promising and has proved only a little less. They all belong in the same category.[/quote']

He was linked to Real Madrid a couple of weeks ago, so I completely agree. Also doing well for Portugal, he is still a steal at his current rating.