Player Kit Numbers

Re: Player Kit Numbers

I also think this would be great. An inbox message at the beginning of a season from SM to register the squad numbers of your team. Friendlies should remain 1-18. If you still haven't done your squad numbers by the first league match, SM allocates them automatically. Additionally, any players you didn't assign a number(youth team), or new signings during the season can be automatically assigned when used. That can't be too hard to implement can it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

THIS HAS TO BE THE NEXT UPDATE IMPLEMENTED.

The FIFA game franchise realized the importance of having this in the game, it adds a personal touch to your team.

If i am managing a Liverpool side, it seems important to have Suarez as a number 7.

If i am managing a Real Madrid side where i am starting Ronaldo on the bench for whatever reasons, it does not seem fair he has to be number 18.....lol.

it is 2013 soon, surely this cannot be hard to implement?

if you want it added, it only makes sense to add a squad cap too.

as a previous poster said, i have seen some squads run into 200+ players..

are you really going to assign a player squad number 176?

no.

IF squad caps were put in, then it would be a nice feature.

1-50 squad numbers.

if you want it added' date=' it only makes sense to add a squad cap too.

as a previous poster said, i have seen some squads run into 200+ players..

are you really going to assign a player squad number 176?

no.

IF squad caps were put in, then it would be a nice feature.

1-50 squad numbers.[/quote']

sorry wrong place wrong time, whats your deal with squads of over 200+, you can;t compare real life with SM in such a regard to to real life having 1 gamwrold and all clubs & SM having 1 gameworld were there's maybe 10 30 managers

also whats the deal if i have 175 youths, but the both of us have the same ammount of 90+ players, just becaus you invest for now & others wish to invest in the future rather than purly for now, it's logical that if i have 200+ on my wagebill that if you have 30 on yours then you shouldn't have an issue, infact for the now you have a massuve advvantage..

im sorry im just getting sick of this squad cap of 50* players etc people have been crying for for years..

why with the advent of concerns you still have a problim, your only problim now with these concerns is that poeple have lots of youths, if you don't wish to invest then its up to you, but thats what this game is about, dwindling down squad sizes to real life sqauds is not realistic for this game IMO..

infact its obsurd

sorry wrong place wrong time' date=' whats your deal with squads of over 200+, you can;t compare real life with SM in such a regard to to real life having 1 gamwrold and all clubs & SM having 1 gameworld were there's maybe 10 30 managers

also whats the deal if i have 175 youths, but the both of us have the same ammount of 90+ players, just becaus you invest for now & others wish to invest in the future rather than purly for now, it's logical that if i have 200+ on my wagebill that if you have 30 on yours then you shouldn't have an issue, infact for the now you have a massuve advvantage..

im sorry im just getting sick of this squad cap of 50* players etc people have been crying for for years..

why with the advent of concerns you still have a problim, your only problim now with these concerns is that poeple have lots of youths, if you don't wish to invest then its up to you, but thats what this game is about, dwindling down squad sizes to real life sqauds is not realistic for this game IMO..

infact its obsurd[/quote']

i dont think you understand what im saying.

ok you spend all your money buying youth players and every season you will have to go thorough the whole team given them a squad number.

sorry but i havent got the time to waste doing such a petty activity.

if the squad was capped at 50, it wouldnt take as long. all im saying is the two ideas go hand in hand.

The main reason it's not there is because of the people who have a sqaud of greater than 99' date=' you can't expect them to assign numbers such as 209 to a player[/quote']

It's true that this is the main reason, but there is also a simple solution: Just give the option to the managers to assign numbers from 1-99 only! As for the teams that have 100+ players, simply they will have some players not assigned with numbers. Anyway, i think that every team uses a maximum of 40-50 players in a season, and for those who have 100+ players (i have some teams like this), the rest are future talents and/or risers to be sold right after their rise. I don't think anyone would have a problem if these players didn't have a number.

This is something that happens in real life too, many teams have youngsters who are not assigned with official kit numbers, until they are considered first squad members.

so you want to introduce squad cap because you don't want to give 200+ players a number?

firstly this addition has been suggested for years and SM never implemented' date=' secoundly you wont have 200+ players, you'll only have 50 wont you lol?[/quote']

are you read my posts word for word or just skimming them?????

i am saying having squad numbers only makes sense with a squad cap, for example 1-50 is realistic as clubs many clubs have 45-50 players who may in a season train with the first team, but you do get examples up to 99, and neymar even wore 200 couple weeks ago..

i couldnt care less if you want 200 players. im just saying IF you had squad numbers, and IF you chose to keep a squad of 200+ players, and had to assign them all, would be a pretty dull waste of time.

are you read my posts word for word or just skimming them?????

i am saying having squad numbers only makes sense with a squad cap' date=' for example 1-50 is realistic as clubs many clubs have 45-50 players who may in a season train with the first team, but you do get examples up to 99, and neymar even wore 200 couple weeks ago..

i couldnt care less if you want 200 players. im just saying IF you had squad numbers, and IF you chose to keep a squad of 200+ players, and had to assign them all, would be a pretty dull waste of time.[/quote']

you're arguing that squad the introdcution of sqaud numbers go hand in hand with squad cap, i read you full posts not skimmed anytin.

Squad cap has noting to do with squad numbers, and since you're arging about squad numbers, that is a waste of time also as it has absolutly no impact on the game.. why it has not ben introduced since SM started 7 years ago.

Don't see why i should waste my time giving squad numbers to anyone..

To suggest that there should be a squad cap if the introduction of squad numbers is implemented, is ludicrous. I for one would like to see squad numbers implemented, It would give them game some added realism and feel like I'm more connected as a manager, just because a manager has over 100+ players DOESN'T mean he has to assign every player a kit number, I'm pretty sure over half of those players would be in the youth side anyway, and how many youth players in a squad have an actual kit number?

In real life squads have a registered squad of 25, and if they have players under the age of 21 before august they can be used, however A LOT of teams use a handful of their youth team players, Arsenal for example have youth players numbered 64, 46, 54, 44, but they are not first team starters and they have players that haven't been assigned a first team squad number, because they won't be used, I know I have players I won't be using until their rating improves (Jenkinson) so now we have the new loaning system squad numbers could work perfectly, IF you don't have to assign every player a number.

I would like to see this implemented as well. It would really make the game more realistic and for the people saying that we would then have to make a squad cam so numbers can't pass 99, there is a simple solution.

This whole kit number thing could be optional for every manager. That is to say it would either stay how it is or you could choose to give each player a specific number and if a manager quits the club, then it resets to the default like it is now.

But if you choose to do it, then all players in the first team would be given a specific number with players in the youth team not being assigned a number. If you send a player from the first team to the youth team, then they lose their first team number and are assigned a default squad number that is available if they are in the match day squad.