Sign in to follow this  
Boost

Evra for Alba

Normally, I know my stuff, and thus I rarely ask for help on here. But now I could do with a little assurance.

I'm in a Gold Championship, and decided to try my luck by offering Patrice Evra for Jordi Alba (because of age). To my shock, I log in this evening and find the manager accepted the bid!

Now, I know Evra is the better choice short term, but what do people think about Jordi Alba? To be honest, I've only seen YouTube clips of him, and never had a chance to see a full match that he plays in. As a result, I'm generally just feeding off the hype surrounding him, but I don't really have my own SOLID personal opinion of him.

So, what do you guys think are his chances of rising, irrespective of whether he stays at Valencia or moves to a more elite club?

Thanks.

Re: Evra for Alba

Well i'm no expert, but if he can nail down a place in Spain's first team then I see no reason why he cannot rise more. Playing for Valencia he already could reacha good rating 91+ but if he does move to Barca as is endlessly suggested he will then 92/93+ should be a walk in the park.

Looks like a very accomplished player attacking and defensively, I would probably do that trade with an eye on longer term.

my opinion:

age wise, alba is younger

and i think the rating for evra will go down meanwhile alba is in for rating increase..

i think alba is connected to barcelona as tito vilanova says the first signing he will do in barcelona is alba..

also he is the first choice for spain LB and hope spain do good on euro he's in for rises...

my opinion:

age wise' date=' alba is younger

and i think the rating for evra will go down meanwhile alba is in for rating increase..

i think alba is connected to barcelona as tito vilanova says the first signing he will do in barcelona is alba..

also he is the first choice for spain LB and hope spain do good on euro he's in for rises...[/quote']

agree with you.just look at what players valencia export in the past.david silva 94,mata 92,d.villa 96.alba will leave valencia for bacelona,milan etc.

Guest nigel.jon

This is a tricky one. We have seen so many young talented football players just fizzle out after a blockbuster season, and a move to a bigger club. It seems to be true, that Alba has been hand-picked by the good people at Barca, to come join them at Camp Nou next season. In my personal opinion, I do not think Alba will fade away. I think he will maintain his good form, and improve.

Evra, on the other hand, is 30. Fullbacks do not normally play past the age of 35 or 36. If they do, they play at smaller clubs or have a limited role at their big. This is because, they lose pace, and simply aren't as fast as the "young kids". There are exceptions like Zanetti, but these exceptions are normally more defensive-minded. Evra, as an attacking fullback, will not last long then.

So then, if you are in this game for the long term, go for it. Get Alba.