"He is probably the best 20-year-old I have ever seen,"

bryan

"He is probably the best 20-year-old I have ever seen," scout Mikeal Hellstrom told Fotboll Direkt.

Charlie Davies - apparently the next big player from America is playing in Sweden :)

Charlie Davies considered offers from Ajax, Roma, Celtic, MLS, and Scandanavian clubs
Eredivisie giants Ajax have taken promising young American striker Charlie Davies on trial.

Davies, who plays for Boston College, is regarded as huge talent in the USA.

Last season he overcame a knee injury to hit 15 goals in 16 appearances for the Atlantic Coast Conference team, and established himself as a regular youth international.

Speaking to the American media, Davies' father said: "He has offers from Hammarby IF, AS Monaco and FC Zurich, and clubs like Ajax, AS Roma, Hamburger SV and Olympique Marseille want him on trial.

"We thought he would go to Marseille but Ajax wanted to see him first."

Charlie Davies, arguably the best soccer player to come out of New Hampshire, has left Boston College to pursue a professional career
He's got terrific technical skill and a second gear which is among the best

He currently plays for Hammarby (Sweden) and if my memory serves me right he was rated under 80 in SM (don't know for sure as I can't get into SM at the moment :( ).

I think he was selected for the USA team for Copa America :)

If anybody else more information about him then please post and share :D

Re: "He is probably the best 20-year-old I have ever seen,"

Davies made his international debut today coming on as a sub for Eddie Johnson. Davies had a great chance that he just missed on, and made a couple decent runs. He is a huge potential guy. I was disappointed to see him pass up the MLS, but I'm sure he'll do just fine in Sweden. I just hope he doesn't fall off the radar like guys like Damani Ralph and Josh Wolff have. He is def one to keep an eye on as he has good size and is really really fast.

Charlie Davies

Class:

Junior

Hometown:

Manchester, N.H.

High School:

Brooks School

Height / Weight:

5-10 / 160

Position:

Forward

Birthdate:

06/25/1986

Notes

Returns after having his 2005 season cut short due to a season-ending knee injury ... has since rehabbed his knee and returned to action in spring drills; scored two goals against the New England Revolution of the MLS in the team's spring match .... selected to represent the United States on the 2005 Under-20 National Team ... was a member of the U.S. Under-20 National Team that finished atop Group A at the CONCACAF Qualifying Tournament (in Carson, Calif.) in January 2005 ... led the U.S. Under-18 National Team to the 2005 Milk Cup title; scored three goals in a match against Northern Ireland ... also played with the Under-20 National Team in the 2004 Milk Cup in Northern Ireland and the 2004 Busan International Tournament in South Korea.

(2005)

Played in and started one game - the season opener at Fairleigh Dickinson (9/1); tallied an assist in the match and was injured in the first half and missed the remainder of the season ... earned preseason All-America honors from College Soccer News.

As a Freshman

(2004) Played in and started all 20 matches at forward...selected to the Soccer America and College Soccer News Freshman All-America teams...garnered Big East Rookie of the Year honors...earned NSCAA All-New England first-team honors...led the Eagles with 22 points...tallied a team-high nine goals and four assists ...had five game-winning goals...earned Big East Rookie of the Week honors twice (Sept. 6 and Sept. 27)...notched a goal in his first three college games, including game-winners against Cal State-Northridge and Syracuse...assisted on BC's two goals, including Satoshi Mitsuda's game-winner, in 2-1 win over Boston University on Sept. 15...had first career multi-goal game in 2-0 win over Providence on Sept. 22...earned Big East Offensive Player of the Week accolades for the week ending Oct. 18 after scoring game-winners against Yale and Pittsburgh...had two goals in 2-0 victory over Pittsburgh on Oct. 16.

Before BC

Earned Parade Magazine, EA Sports and NSCAA/adidas High School All-America honors as a senior at Brooks; selected as Parade's Forward of the Year ... was a member of both the 2004 U.S. U-20 and U-18 National Teams ... participated in the 2004 McDonald's All-American Soccer Game; tallied one goal and one assist ... was a four-time Independent School League (ISL) all-star choice at Brooks ... set ISL career records for goals (101) and points ... tallied single-season records in goals (30) and points (70) in 2003 ... along with fellow BC teammate Shane Boggis, led Brooks to a perfect 15-0-0 mark and its first Gummere Cup (ISL championship) since 1996 ... played for head coach Dusty Richards ... tallied three goals at the 2004 ODP Interregional Event at the Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. ... scored one goal in the U-18s 4-1 win over the University of Virginia in Bradenton, Fla. (Mar. 11, 2004) ... also an accomplished wrestler; a three-time ISL (2002, 2003, 2004) and New England (2001, 2002, 2004) champion and a two-time All-America honoree (2002, 2004).

Personal

Enrolled in the College of Arts and Sciences ... Charlie is the son of Kofi and Kathleen Davies ... born June 25, 1986.

Charlie Davies

CAREER STATS

Year GP GS G A Pts Shots

2004 20 20 9 4 22 50

2005 1 1 0 1 1 0

Totals 21 21 9 5 23 50

Player name: Charlie DAVIES (Hammarby)

Born: 25 June 1986

Nationality: American

Position: Central Striker

Rating: 76

Last Rating Change:

Form: -----

Morale: Average

Value: £765k

Contract: 4 Years - £10,800 per Turn

Just turned 21 at a modest 76 rating

id snap him up if he's only rated 76...that may be fine for now if not a tad low' date=' but he's gonna be an 85+ guy in a year or two.[/quote']

Do you know if your'e gonna be paying this game in "a year or two":D