Cazorla or Podolski?!

Re: Cazorla or Podolski?!

If position isn't an issue, probably Podolski, due to the Arsenal factor, and because will will be starting for Germany at the Euros. Just look at Muller, good world cup, up to 93 (overrated imo)

Cazorla is Malaga's star man this year, IF they get champion's league this season, which they likely will, they'll add a lot of quality to the squad and push on, which could see Cazorla rise. Also remember Cazorla can play across the midfeild...

If position isn't an issue' date=' probably Podolski, due to the Arsenal factor, and because will will be starting for Germany at the Euros. Just look at Muller, good world cup, up to 93 (overrated imo)

Cazorla is Malaga's star man this year, IF they get champion's league this season, which they likely will, they'll add a lot of quality to the squad and push on, which could see Cazorla rise. Also remember Cazorla can play across the midfeild...[/quote']

Good points on Cazorla. I believe he is playing a bit in the Spanish side, and may feature at the Euro's. The Spanish league is as strong as the English league, and he has been a top performer there for years. I don't know how Podolski will fare at Arsenal, so I wouldn't know which guy to get myself. Right now I would go with Cazorla, especially if he finds himself playing for Spain this summer. :)

Definitely go with Podolski. EPL is the stronger league and Arsenal get CL football pretty much every year. We may not have won much trophies in the past unfortunately but Malaga arent gonna win the La Liga for a while. At a club like Malaga, players can drop from 91 easily.

91 is Cazorlas peak but it isnt Podolskis peak. Just look at his phenomal record this season, Cazorla has done good but Podolski even better.

Also when it comes to depth, both are equal. Cazorla has AM, Podolski has Fwd.

When it comes to International teams, again Podolski wins. Look at the Spanish talent and depth in each position, its gunna be difficult for Cazorla. Podolski was a starter in every world cup game in 2010.

Malaga is doing better than most people probably realize and if they go into CL Cazorla can definately get his 92 back, but on the other hand he will probably never play for the Spanish NT while Podolski does play a lot for Germany and Arsenal's a good team too. So in the end I'd go for Podolski as I rate his chances on rising a bit higher than Cazorla's.

I watch the Spanish league more closely, so I'd go against the stream and recommend Cazorla.

Podolski, for all his heroics, has only ever been good for his hometown and country. He seems to be motivated by these things, and his big move to Bayern was a disaster. Besides, sorry to point it out, but Arsenal, um, doesn't win anything. Several players got high rating there, by being absolutely phenomenal. I wish Podolski all the best and he has a shot, but rise is not yet guaranteed. He's just not at the level of Cavani, Falcao, Sanchez who got a 92 recently.

Now, Cazorla was rated 92 before, and for a good reason. He is one of Spain's best all-around midfielders and the best free-kick taker in Europe this year (in the game also, it seems. whenever I let him take corners and free kicks, he scores or assists). He played 6 friendlies for Spain this year and is deffo going to feature at the Euros. He is a fixture in the selection, and only missed the World Cup through injury. He's the star at Malaga, a money club, currently 4th in Primera (CL spot) and with big ambitions.

If Spain do decently at the Euros, Cazorla should get his 92 back. SM ratings follow transfermarkt estimates pretty closely, and it shows Cazorla returning to his peak value: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/santi-cazorla/mwverlaufgraph/spieler_15799.html

Of course, it all changes if Germany beats Spain to the Euros :)