Reality Check

barnabyd

Re: Reality Check

409.png

Didier Drogba To Join Newcastle

In the past few moments, it has been confirmed that Newcastle United have snapped up Ivorian front man Dider Drogba from Atletico Madrid.

It comes at a hefty cost for the Tyne side club as the deal will see Scott Parker and Papiss Cisse move to Madrid. However both players were heading for the exit door, and now Cisse has been replaced by the experienced big game player Drogba.

It is thought Robinson's main priority in Cisse's departure was to get a replacement in any deal, and he has done just that. Fans and pundits a like feel that Drogba will be influential in Newcastle's push for promotion next season.

Just checked Alex's Monchengladbach Squad for the first time this season.

Mascherano, Dante, Carrick, Asamoah, Schurrle, Moura , Klose, Vert, Mandzukic, and Kessling are all players 90 and above. :eek:

and my players are Del Piero (injured) , Gio (to be sold), Defoe ( to be sold) and Remy.

Even the most confident of managers would be quite intimidated. I'm frankily dreading this playoff final. So, Alex is definetely the favourite :o! I guess this is part of my strategy ;)! To mount pressure on Alex so he ultimately succumbs to it :D!

Great playoffs final against Alex today! His Monchengladbach truly deserve to be promoted as He has stayed loyal to them for a very long time. I went with the 4-5-1 defensive and it nearly worked. I'm happy for this Lille team as I feel we have really improved. This makes it the second time I have failed promotion via playoffs. Congrats Alex :)!

Unfortunately, Giovinco and Defoe will now have to be sold for 2.5xCV to other teams as the rules state. Hopefully, as a result of my season, Lille will be given more financial power so I can spend more then the limit of 16 mil and get rid of the 2.5 xCV rule.

Re: Reality Checkhttp://forum.soccermanager.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=

Lucky 13

Borussia Monchengladbach earned their first promotion after an Ashley Young free-kick was enough to separate the two sides at the Millennium Stadium.

tumblr_lzxmpizQrg1r6mwuno1_1280.jpg

Scenes at the final whistle

Borussia Monchengladbach completed their 13th consecutive unbeaten game and it was the most important one of all, the play-off final.

Schurrle couldn't hide his delight, sprinting onto the pitch at the final whistle despite a serious thigh strain.

b05uODVQVWUweUEx_o_germany-vs-isreal-2-0interview-with-philipp-lahm-and-.jpg

"This is where I want to be. With all due respect to Madrid, I don't want to go back. I'm at home here near my friends and family and in a culture I know and love. The manager respects me and I love playing for him, I am desperate to make the move permanent."

Woods couldn't hide his delight after the final whistle.

"This is my greatest day in management. This team mean an awful lot to me and the performances in the past few weeks have been superb. We have built a strong side and I hope to take Division 2 by storm next season. I'd like to congratulate Borussia Dortmund who also won today and Lille for putting up a good fight all season."

Congrats you Germans :P:D

It's no coinsidence that the two teams I loaned players to, have been promoted or is it? ;)

You may also want to note that Raul who I loaned to Athletic finished the top scorer across all leagues with 16 goals ;)

Schurrle however was furious at the pish English translator, and would like to clarify that what he indeed meant is he can't wait now to go and prove himself in that famous Madrid shirt ;):P:):D

Defoe is the new Valencia's player!

Jermain Defoe has signed a deal with Valencia, for a 19,7 million fee. The press interpretate this sign as an evidence that Falcão or Soldado will be sold in the next season by the Valencia's board. However, is a fact that the manager Rodrigo Fagundes will only accept really good offers for his players.

Schurrle wants out!

Andre Schurrle has shocked Real Madrid manager Froz3n by declaring he never wants to play in a Real Madrid jersey ever again.

Schurrle on German TV, joined by Borussia Dortmund sensation Marco Reus after both sides were succesful in their play-off finals last night, surprisingly slaughtered the champions for the way they have dealt with the German maestro.

310718625_640.jpg

"I was assured when I joined that I would be a key player in Madrid. Since then I have had 1 loan spell in Dortmund and 2 here in Monchengladbach. 4 games in 3 seasons for a player of my quality isn't good enough. I have made myself perfectly clear to the boss that I want to stay here in Monchengladbach."

Not only did he put the knife into Madrid, he declared his love for Monchengladbach.

"I feel at home here. Woods has been a fabulous manager for me and has really allowed me to play the expansive football I enjoy. I love playing with Stefan (Kiessling), Ashley (Young) and Jan (Vertonghen) and I can't say I have any relationships with any players in Madrid. The fans are second to none and the buzz around the training ground and stadium recently is why I love football. It's been fantastic, I want to help this club to the top where it deserves to be."

Questions remain whether Monchengladbach will be allowed to purchase Schurrle next season but everyone at Borussia-Park will certainly be hoping to see Schurrle in a Monchengladbach shirt again.

BREAKING NEWS: Andre Schurrle set to sue Monchengladbach manager after making up lies. He has in fact declared, live on Sky Sports, that his wish to join the German superpower Borussia Dortmund.

He's a liar. He makes up absolute non-sense, why would I want to play for a team with such a horrible manager and fans. I don't think I need to remind you what a massive club Borussia Dortmund are and how amazing their fans are.

Borussia-Dortmund-support-006.jpg