Sign in to follow this  
barnabyd

Reality Check

Re: Reality Check

Great news indeed!

Atletico played at home against Shanghai and won 1-0, the only goal comming from on fire Samuel Eto'o. :D

Now, I have some thing I'd like discussed on here, see what every one and Barny thinks.

I have a fair, and in a way, obvious rule that I must play a loaned in goalkeeper for 75% or more of my games.

So OK, I have a look around and I have now in fact searched every club who has more than 2 GKs, and who's club chairman lets be loaned out.

These are my only options in the whole game world:

goalkeepers.jpg

Now of course Trapp would be OK at 87. Quite a step down from my to be GK De Gea but none the less OK. But I've got no response to my bid or PM about him so the next option it and 84. It's beginning to get very unrealistic from the quality of GK Atletico have loaned in in real life. Every one else is below 80.

So I'm not sure if I can't get Trapp if the rule remains realistic and fair?

If you think so I'll go ahead and play a 84 or under 80 player in goal but just thought I'd put that out there.

Great news indeed!

Atletico played at home against Shanghai and won 1-0' date=' the only goal comming from on fire Samuel Eto'o. :D

Now, I have some thing I'd like discussed on here, see what every one and Barny thinks.

I have a fair, and in a way, obvious rule that I must play a loaned in goalkeeper for 75% or more of my games.

So OK, I have a look around and I have now in fact searched every club who has more than 2 GKs, and who's club chairman lets be loaned out.

These are my only options in the whole game world:

[img']https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-sxcrtDHpKiw/UR1Ky6-_AvI/AAAAAAAAAEc/LxC_Jhkc7X8/s668/goalkeepers.jpg[/img]

Now of course Trapp would be OK at 87. Quite a step down from my to be GK De Gea but none the less OK. But I've got no response to my bid or PM about him so the next option it and 84. It's beginning to get very unrealistic from the quality of GK Atletico have loaned in in real life. Every one else is below 80.

So I'm not sure if I can't get Trapp if the rule remains realistic and fair?

If you think so I'll go ahead and play a 84 or under 80 player in goal but just thought I'd put that out there.

I'd say the rule needs re-visiting.

FC Porto and Manchester City have agreed terms on the deal of Oscar & Neymar for Pepe & Sanchez

Neymar for max cv.

Sanchez for cv.

Oscar for cv.

Pepe for cv.

Manchester City have made an offer to FC Porto for Júnior NEYMAR of £48,022,000.
The offer for Júnior NEYMAR of FC Porto from Manchester City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

FC Porto and Manchester City have agreed terms on the deal of Oscar & Neymar for Pepe & Sanchez

Neymar for max cv.

Sanchez for cv.

Oscar for cv.

Pepe for cv.

92 & 93 for a 90 & 91.

This suits Portos rules very well. Pepe is Portuguese, Sanchez is one of two foreign signings allowed. And I can give a bucket load of money for Neymar.

Nice dealing with you dude.

92 & 93 for a 90 & 91.

This suits Portos rules very well. Pepe is Portuguese' date=' Sanchez is one of two foreign signings allowed. And I can give a bucket load of money for Neymar.

Nice dealing with you dude.[/quote']

+ porto are a low rated side who could use players of this rating. Still think you are getting the better half of the deal though.

Bayern Munich Transfer News

After the quickest and friendliest of negotiations with Manchester City manager Ashley Holtom Bayern Munich can now reveal that Arjen Robben will be leaving to City for £12M

In return Luka Modric will join Bayern Munich for £19M and Simon Rolfes will join for £8M.

modric_2320708b.jpg

Modric undergoes his medical at Munich

Few pundits are surprised by Modric's exit after he publicly stated he was unhappy playing 3rd Division football and longed for a fresh start. Munich aware of the situation made an enquiry and a deal was soon struck for the Croat playmaker. While many feel Modric has lost his way manager Mr Compton had nothing but praise for him.

"He's a fantastic little player. Technically sound, his control and movement with and without the ball is world class and his passing is up there with the best. I was a big fan of his way back when he was at Tottenham. He was the hub of the side everything came through him and I think he's definitely got what it takes to do the same here."

The shock arrival however is that of 31 year old Simon Rolfes. The German international will be arriving for a modest fee of £8M but don't let the price fool you. Mr Compton has already stated his delight at signing the experienced defensive midfielder.

"To be honest with you I was surprised to hear that Rolfes could leave. We'd just agreed the deals for Robben and Modric and I enquired about Rolfes' availability. When I heard he was available and for a great fee too I was beaming. We've bagged ourselves a bit of a bargain he's exactly the player we've been wanting. A nice solid German midfielder and his experience will be vital for us this season. It's come as a really nice surprise as we've found it really hard recently to sort any deals out especially for German internationals so to deal with a club like City has been a real pleasure. Their manager's attitude towards deals is a real breath of fresh air and I wish them all the best in the league."

Although I see Ash's point, I don't particularly think he has portrayed it correctly.

The best GW's on SM are based around unique setups and also where transfers are active. We have the first one but i'm really leaning towards saying the second one is potentially a thing of the past.

We're now in the 4th season, chances are teams have got what they want now and have shut up shop with regards to transfers. The only transfers that seem to be happening are red rule based ones. Obviously there are some exceptions but most of them are as said, red rule.

Realistically we need to change something to keep it fresh and continuing to be fun. I'll be honest and say this GW is the main reason I am still on this game, it means a lot to me and I don't want to see this GW just drift away and lose key managers (we've already lost one in MoaoM yesterday).

I don't know what you all think about this but i've got an idea that a set number of players for each club every season over a certain rating has a release clause and then rules a long side that for both players and clubs individually. For example, Bale minimum fee release clause 50m, will only move to Barcelona or Real Madrid. Alexandre Pato release clause 16m, has suffered a massive confidence loss and wants to play at a lower level. Then clubs can have rules about how often they can spend what fees and more of a chance to sign that marquee player so to speak. Essentially making this setup what it's supposed to be, cash only.

Obviously the season has only just started so we have all season to discuss on ways to improve it.

I don't know what you think Barnaby and I don't mean this in a nasty way at all but do you need help? Obviously Cedd used to help you considerably and he has upped sticks not so recently. I have gathered from our conversations in the past that this is an important year for your education and perhaps now would be the time to try and sort out some help before exams start rolling in and it's too late.

Apologies for long post but is important.

Apologies for long post but is important.

I agree with it all tbh.

I know first hand how hard it is to run a set up like this and especially creating rules etc to keep it fresh.

I meant to post earlier today about the possible introduction of release clauses which I believe are the only way to keep it a genuinely cash only set up.

However to do this properly would be a mammoth task for one person so really it would take an awful lot of people time and effort to do it.

I believe this set up is part of Venk's new Custom GW Association. Now I suggest we utilise this coalition of managers from other GW's and get a bit of help for next season.

Of course this is all down to the creator and I guess the message is help is here and ideas can be generated if you want :)

This set up was the original club specific rule set up and we need to keep it alive and as best as it can be.

There is nothing wrong in my eyes with adding things to the GW to keep it fresh.

I agree with it all tbh.

I know first hand how hard it is to run a set up like this and especially creating rules etc to keep it fresh.

I meant to post earlier today about the possible introduction of release clauses which I believe are the only way to keep it a genuinely cash only set up.

However to do this properly would be a mammoth task for one person so really it would take an awful lot of people time and effort to do it.

I don't think it particularly needs a lot, perhaps 5 forced minimum fee release clauses per season for each team then obviously people can do deals outside that to potentially get more key players. For example of the 5, 1 key player, 2 first teamers, 1 versatility player and 1 squad player. We can tie this in to player performance in game and real life and also team performance.

I'm lucky enough to have a job where I can leave the SM window open pretty much all of the working day GMT. I am pretty sure I have spoke to near enough everyone in the setup bar a few on chat at one point or another. My point is however is that there are a lot of people who care about this setup and it's current and future well being and like you said, will probably be there to help if need be.

Although I see Ash's point' date=' I don't particularly think he has portrayed it correctly.

The best GW's on SM are based around unique setups and also where transfers are active. We have the first one but i'm really leaning towards saying the second one is potentially a thing of the past.

We're now in the 4th season, chances are teams have got what they want now and have shut up shop with regards to transfers. The only transfers that seem to be happening are red rule based ones. Obviously there are some exceptions but most of them are as said, red rule.

Realistically we need to change something to keep it fresh and continuing to be fun. I'll be honest and say this GW is the main reason I am still on this game, it means a lot to me and I don't want to see this GW just drift away and lose key managers (we've already lost one in MoaoM yesterday).

I don't know what you all think about this but i've got an idea that a set number of players for each club every season over a certain rating has a release clause and then rules a long side that for both players and clubs individually. For example, Bale minimum fee release clause 50m, will only move to Barcelona or Real Madrid. Alexandre Pato release clause 16m, has suffered a massive confidence loss and wants to play at a lower level. Then clubs can have rules about how often they can spend what fees and more of a chance to sign that marquee player so to speak. Essentially making this setup what it's supposed to be, cash only.

Obviously the season has only just started so we have all season to discuss on ways to improve it.

I don't know what you think Barnaby and I don't mean this in a nasty way at all but do you need help? Obviously Cedd used to help you considerably and he has upped sticks not so recently. I have gathered from our conversations in the past that this is an important year for your education and perhaps now would be the time to try and sort out some help before exams start rolling in and it's too late.

[b']Apologies for long post but is important.[/b]

Yeah cos of A levels I've not had so much time to do this for the ast couple of months and the next few months I won't either. I was thinking maybe a big simplification next season. Dropping the majority of rules and just forcing one or two big sales per club per season, maybe 1 of the 2 has to be cash.

Oh and I think the best way to make more cash deals go through would be to give some clubs negative budgets, as well and forcing a few cash deals.

I don't think it particularly needs a lot' date=' perhaps 5 forced minimum fee release clauses per season for each team then obviously people can do deals outside that to potentially get more key players. For example of the 5, 1 key player, 2 first teamers, 1 versatility player and 1 squad player. We can tie this in to player performance in game and real life and also team performance.

.[/quote']

The only issues I can see arising though is for example with my club having to play 4 Germans each game.

If you gave Lahm or Muller a release clause and I was forced to sell one of them then unless you had Schweiny under a release clause you could end up crippling my side.

So while I think the release clause could be a way of keeping cash going I think the players selected for release clause fees need to be chosen very carefully otherwise you could end up completely crippling a club who had a good season and performed well for the sake of a transfer.

The only issues I can see arising though is for example with my club having to play 4 Germans each game.

If you gave Lahm or Muller a release clause and I was forced to sell one of them then unless you had Schweiny under a release clause you could end up crippling my side.

So while I think the release clause could be a way of keeping cash going I think the players selected for release clause fees need to be chosen very carefully otherwise you could end up completely crippling a club who had a good season and performed well for the sake of a transfer.

Perhaps it's a step too far but maybe it's time for having certain nationalities in a team to take a back seat. I mean half of my BMG side would never play for them in real life. The Reality Check for me is that you can't just go big straight away, you need to build up realistically and patiently. We could still have max rating buying restrictions, we could still have age, we could still have nationalties, we could still have fees etc, just perhaps take rules away like the one you mentioned where you need to play a certain amount of Uzbeki's to stop the owners getting upset.

Yeah cos of A levels I've not had so much time to do this for the ast couple of months and the next few months I won't either. I was thinking maybe a big simplification next season. Dropping the majority of rules and just forcing one or two big sales per club per season' date=' maybe 1 of the 2 has to be cash.

Oh and I think the best way to make more cash deals go through would be to give some clubs negative budgets, as well and forcing a few cash deals.[/quote']

I'll be brutally honest and say I think this will do more harm than good. Dumbing it down so to speak will lose the GW's edge, it will just become another GW that has some decent forumers in it.

The more I think about the release clause idea the more I think it could rejuvenate the GW transfer wise. It gives those small clubs something to look forward to player wise and also something that requires tactics into how you buy i.e are you going to go big and just try for 2 marquee signings then sign externals and hope to get by or do you play conservative and get 3 first teamers and 2 rotation players. I appreciate this would cause a whole lot more work which would eventually mean you'd need some of us to help but I really think it's needed for the greater good of the GW.

Obviously this GW is yours and i'm probably more grateful than anyone else for what you have done, i'm just hoping that we can continue with making this the "beast" on the forum that people enjoy and love.

Perhaps it's a step too far but maybe it's time for having certain nationalities in a team to take a back seat. I mean half of my BMG side would never play for them in real life. The Reality Check for me is that you can't just go big straight away' date=' you need to build up realistically and patiently. We could still have max rating buying restrictions, we could still have age, we could still have nationalties, we could still have fees etc, just perhaps take rules away like the one you mentioned where you need to play a certain amount of Uzbeki's to stop the owners getting upset.[/quote']

I'd agree 100% with this.

It's so limiting because the German market is non existant now and IRL once that happens a club simply looks elsewhere for talent.

I think it would be better if this limit was still to be in place to say limit how many foreign players can be in the squad.

That way the club keeps it's roots but it means it's open for business for transfers because the amount of managers enquiring about Muller is staggering but I can't sell him unless I wan't a rubbish XI

I feel exactly how Alex and Ben have posted but I haven't put across like that and I apologise because the last thing I want is to sound like a brat, just want this setup to continue being what is has been so far. Barny I apologise to you directly too.

Stupid thing is I haven't posted about my rules like I said I would :o

I'm on my phone at the mo, but when I get into work ill try go back through and post.