PURGATORY - The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager

Gorbash

Re: PURGATORY - The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager

Dude' date=' you've made it already!

Lol, Ahhh...I've got more catching up to do than I thought![/quote']

lol, yeah, sorry you missed out on even applying. I had it initially scheduled for an early June launch, but the prep work came so easily and was really taking shape faster than I originally planned. So I was able to bring it forward by three weeks and do the forum reveal a week ago, and finalized all details and compiled the list of 'mortal warriors' during last week and Purgatory launched today!

Very happy with the whole development and really excited to see how it turns out.

So you still creating something new in June?

PETROVAC -

THE BEAST BLANCO IS SLAIN!!!!

petrovac.png

Blanco 0 - 1 Petrovac

- Randjelovic

Gorbash steered OFK Petrovac to victory against Real Madrid.

OFK Petrovac beat Real Madrid 1 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.

Randjelović was on the scoresheet for his side.

Will somebody please tell me, how, by any strain of the imagination, did that happen????

We all now have squads of 21 by the way.

Okay, my result is just an odd anomaly, however, now that our squads have been fully stocked up to 21 players, I have just had a quick look about and some of us have gained a few 'top' players. By this I mean some mid 80's. This is clearly going to give us a huge chance in the transfer market to improve drastically quicker than I obviously intended.

What does everybody think about creating a buying players ratings cap to slow things down somewhat?

- Obviously we will be able to keep any future 'risers' from the signings we make.

- We also need to decide if we (all of us) are allowed to keep the players that our chairman has just added to our squads that are above the decided ratings cap we decide on.

PLEASE give me your thoughts on this ASAP.

-I want enjoyment of the highest standard on SM here. I think we all came for a challenge so something needs to be done before this weekends big kick-off.

1. Should there be a ratings cap?
  2. What should the ratings cap be?
  3. Should we be able to keep the players that we already have (the Chairman added today) above that cap?

Your answers (on this forum) to these important questions as soon as possible please. Lets together decide how to patch up this potential GW spoiler.

well you better decide what is going on as there are bids in as you stated earlier to start bidding.

The rules should be in place pronto.:)

we got humped 6-1 form spurs

My personal preferance is

1. Yes there should be a ratings cap
  2. I think 75 would be a good starting point
  3. I think anyone signed today by the Chairmen should be sold if they are above the ratings cap. This will mean those teams effected will have more revenue from selling those players but at least they will be the same on the pitch.

I will also make it that if there are more players in Hell than Heaven then economy will go one lower than normal. Eg. if it is even Heaven 0, Purgatory 10, Hell 0, or for season 2 Heaven 1, Purgatory 8, Hell 1, then still the economy will be normal. However season 3 is likely to be Heaven 0, Purgatory 8, Hell 2, this would make the economy 2 less than normal.

Does this seems reasonable to people? As this is not something that I decided before you all came in I want to make sure you are all happy with these changes?

At a rating of 75 there is only limited players available and many set ups that are similar is stature to the 75 ratings cap.

I was hoping for at least an 80 buying cap so as when we do get promoted there is a chance you can maybe sneak a result because with a squad rating 75 you wont get out of hell or get results in heaven for ages as it takes about 3-4 ratings changes to get a player from 75 to even 83 and that takes a year or so throughout changes.

But Whatever you decide -I am going to withdraw all my bids until its all sorted what ratings we can buy or not.

At a rating of 75 there is only limited players available and many set ups that are similar is stature to the 75 ratings cap.

I was hoping for at least an 80 buying cap so as when we do get promoted there is a chance you can maybe sneak a result because with a squad rating 75 you wont get out of hell or get results in heaven for ages as it takes about 3-4 ratings changes to get a player from 75 to even 83 and that takes a year or so throughout changes.

But Whatever you decide -I am going to withdraw all my bids until its all sorted what ratings we can buy or not.

80 sounds good too, but I think that is the highest we should go for now. I can always change it again for each season.

I need to get some positive agreement to 80 then. I only want to press this as as you mentioned people are already bidding, and I can only change it once for this season.

So should we insist that the people who gained 80+ rated players be asked to sell them to stay in line with this or not? What are peoples thoughts on this?

I agree with you Dan, a cap of at least 80 would be better:)

I agree with you Dan' date=' a cap of at least 80 would be better:)[/quote']

Okay, 80 it is then. I'm happy with that and as only 2 of you have got back to me I'll just use that.

Just the question of wheather the people who gained players today that are above 80 should be asked to sell them to keep us all in the same position. I think this would be more fair, I'd rather them have more money than me rather than a far superior squad because of the Chairman.

Thoughts?

Okay' date=' 80 it is then. I'm happy with that and as only 2 of you have got back to me I'll just use that.

Just the question of wheather the people who gained players today that are above 80 should be asked to sell them to keep us all in the same position. I think this would be more fair, I'd rather them have more money than me rather than a far superior squad because of the Chairman.

Thoughts?[/quote']

Yes any players over 80 rated which are not bought[risers] should be sold I would say.

lol' date=' yeah, sorry you missed out on even applying. I had it initially scheduled for an early June launch, but the prep work came so easily and was really taking shape faster than I originally planned. So I was able to bring it forward by three weeks and do the forum reveal a week ago, and finalized all details and compiled the list of 'mortal warriors' during last week and Purgatory launched today!

Very happy with the whole development and really excited to see how it turns out.

So you still creating something new in June?[/quote']

Ahhh, I see. Good luck with that!;)

And slight change of plans. If I make a new one, it will undoubtedly take the sting out of Pedigree a little bit, so I now intend to wait until after the first season. The game world is in my account already, just needs to be created.;)

Okay so Let's make it official.

If anyone gained any player today that is ABOVE 80 (80 is okay), then to keep the playing landscape fair, could you please off-load that/those players as soon as you can. Thank you for your cooperation.

All players that are purchased/exchanged from this point forward must be of ratings value 80 or less. ( I have changed the in-game advanced rules to reflect this change).

Thanks guys.

Okay' date=' 80 it is then. I'm happy with that and as only 2 of you have got back to me I'll just use that.

Thoughts?[/quote']

tbh, with a transfer fund of 1.7million I won't be buying anyone rated over 75 anyway lol but I also don't have anyone rated over 80 in my squad:rolleyes: but if had as good a chairman as other teams in the set up have then i don't think i'd be too happy selling my best players so the likes of my Icelandic paupers could catch up:rolleyes:

tbh' date=' with a transfer fund of 1.7million I won't be buying anyone rated over 75 anyway lol but I also don't have anyone rated over 80 in my squad:rolleyes: but if had as good a chairman as other teams in the set up have then i don't think i'd be too happy selling my best players so the likes of my Icelandic paupers could catch up:rolleyes:[/quote']

I understand, but we all started with what I wanted to be a fair and level playing field. It is a little unfair that some gain an advantage because they 'luck-out' more.

I think the only clubs this really affects are Montaneros, Vikingur, and Tauro.

Especially Montaneros, they now have a far superior all-round team than the rest of us.

I understand' date=' but we all started with what I wanted to be a fair and level playing field. It is a little unfair that some gain an advantage because they 'luck-out' more.

I think the only clubs this really affects are Montaneros, Vikingur, and [b']Tauro[/b].

Especially Montaneros, they now have a far superior all-round team than the rest of us.

How dare you merely human! - le zauros.

I believe at this point we should buy first and then sell later. We can't drop the squad level below 21 right? And if we can,the scumbag chairman will always filled it up with high rated player. - VKD

I understand' date=' but we all started with what I wanted to be a fair and level playing field. It is a little unfair that some gain an advantage because they 'luck-out' more.

I think the only clubs this really affects are Montaneros, Vikingur, and Tauro.

Especially Montaneros, they now have a far superior all-round team than the rest of us.[/quote']

i'm happy with what everyone else agrees with although selling these players will make these clubs richer than the rest of us so it is really a catch 22 situation. Blast teams with good chairman lol:D

i'm happy with what everyone else agrees with although selling these players will make these clubs richer than the rest of us so it is really a catch 22 situation. Blast teams with good chairman lol:D

Obviously you cannot sell if you only have 21 players. I completely do not blame the 'manager' for this situation. I trust people to do the right thing, I know you can't fix it immediately, but just play as fair as you can. I'm sure you can figure something out. Like I said before I think I'd rather you have more cash to buy 80 rated players with than have a team it will take me 2-3 ratings changes to catch up with.

It is an SM automated thing making life difficult for a GW owner that tried to make the biggest challenge he could. I wonder if I put a ratings cap in this morning if the players the Chairman brought in would have stuck to that of not? Either way, it is what it is. I leave it up you you to work it out as best as you can.

Guest drseanfitz

I agree with everything said' date=' especially the part where Sean admitted he was cheating in ECC lol[/center']

you just can't accept my little hjk slaughtered your spurs:p

anyway on topic I gained 2* 80's, 1* 82 and 1*84 and shall give the higher 2 the boot ASAP

but started with an 83, who I will keep if thats ok