PURGATORY - The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager

Re: PURGATORY - The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager

I'm not buying any talents at this point' date=' only short term risers. THe frst one paid off already :D:

Igor Vetokele +6 to 82

I'm assuming I'm allowed to play him because I bought him as a 76?[/quote']

Yes, you signed him as a 76, If he were at 82 when you made the bid, you never would have been able to do so because of the 80 ratings cap. You are just one of the first people to have the good fortune of a riser. That is the name of the game here!

NOTE - You may also keep any 81+ players that already played for your team when we started out. The only 81+ rated players that should not be played are the ones the Chairman brought in for the first friendlies. They need to be sold/exchanged at your earliest convenience (This applies to everyone, not just you as this message may come across as).

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PURGATORY - Honours Post PURGATORYHONOURS A CLUB BY CLUB LIST OF THE HIGHEST ACHIEVEMENTS OF EACH CURRENT MANAGER IN PURGATORY DECICManager Closer August 14th 2013 - P

Re: PURGATORY - The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager Thought I might run out a full update on the first round of games that were played on May 20. Might continue this though the season for t

Re: PURGATORY - The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager Fjolnir capture the signings of Alen Stevanovic, Fraser Fyvie, and Tom Lees:) welcome to Iceland boys:) take a big mad furry hat and get

i.aspx?i=club%2Ficon%2Ffc_granit_mikashevichi.gif

- POPULATION: +1 -

*SOON TO ARRIVE*

Tommaso Arrigoni

55377_1335600004.jpg

ABD - FEE - £90k + Valeriy Tarasenko

Super stoked to get Arrigoni, without any competition. Really promising CM at Cesena, who's got quite a few league appearances this season under his belt, at just 18 years of age.

That now takes the transfer count up to 8 for Granit. Bidding very slow here.

NOTE - You may also keep any 81+ players that already played for your team when we started out. The only 81+ rated players that should not be played are the ones the Chairman brought in for the first friendlies. They need to be sold/exchanged at your earliest convenience (This applies to everyone' date=' not just you as this message may come across as).[/quote']

I think that is a bit biased that only players that were rated 81 and already played for your team can stay but the teams that were made of of less players so had less chance of having say an 81 player [Like myself I only had 2 players a 75 & 76 rated player so had no chance of having an 81+].

I am selling all my players anyway regardless of rating but It does seem one rule for one and not for all though.

I think All teams should have been made to sell players over 81 rated to make it a level playing field with ratings as the teams with higher rated players could easily sell and replace the 81+ with an 80 player.

Just my opinion.

Here is an example :

but started with an 83' date=' who I will keep if thats ok[/quote']

What difference should it make if a club had an 83 rated player and one that gained an 83 player?I do not see the difference myself.

Just using that as an example Sean and not intentionally picking on you- I have looked around the league and there are players as high as 86 rating which is strange for an 80 cap start world.

Okay off the soapbox now hope you all get Demolished in tonight's friendlies.

I think that is a bit biased that only players that were rated 81 and already played for your team can stay but the teams that were made of of less players so had less chance of having say an 81 player [Like myself I only had 2 players a 75 & 76 rated player so had no chance of having an 81+].

I am selling all my players anyway regardless of rating but It does seem one rule for one and not for all though.

I think All teams should have been made to sell players over 81 rated to make it a level playing field with ratings as the teams with higher rated players could easily sell and replace the 81+ with an 80 player.

Just my opinion.

Here is an example :

What difference should it make if a club had an 83 rated player and one that gained an 83 player?I do not see the difference myself.

Just using that as an example Sean and not intentionally picking on you- I have looked around the league and there are players as high as 86 rating which is strange for an 80 cap start world.

i totally agree im pos selling the gameworlds best players who are above the cap 2 be told other clubs can keep above the cap?..

bit daft imo..

Just my opinion.

Here is an example :

I think if you have a closer look' date=' maybe if you go to the original 'opening' post and have a look at the starting teams that we began with, you'll find that the [b']one[/b] 83 rated player stated above (Stjarnan- drseanfitz) is the ONLY 81+ player that began the game, which is why I allowed it.

Add to that the fact that everyone received their teams in a random draw and I really don't think I am treating people differently or unfairly.

The 81-86 rated players you mention (Montaneros, and Tauro mostly, if I remember right) were purchased by the chairman for the opening friendlies. I am also satisfied after going to their squads that they are doing what they can to rectify the imbalance of talent by selling those players (they have all been transfer listed). I appreciate they cannot sell them until someone bids on them, they are probably unable to put them in a part exchange as they are worth too much to them in their chairman's opinion. I am confident in both racky and Vindetta enough to trust them not to use those players in official games, and to offload them as soon as the first chance comes.

I also hope you realize that it is very difficult to start a GW with everybody in exactly the same situation. Stadium capacity comes into effect. Squads come into effect. Cash money comes into effect. I didn't want empty squads because I wanted Heaven and Hell to have their proper strong teams. I didn't want a set starting balance as I wanted the Heaven and Hell teams to be able to buy the players they purchase this summer in real life and I knew all of us would only have a small balance by default which is what I wanted. It's just those blinking chairman deals that threw everything out of whack. I have tried to do whats right by requesting those managers that benefited most from those deals to do the right thing and sell them at their earliest opportunity and I am satisfied that they are doing that.

If I have misunderstood your point Dan, please let me know and I'll give my answer to what I have said/allowed people to do or not do.

Here is just a quick update of the teams and the players that were in their squads BEFORE the first friendly matches (BEFORE the chairman's deals that threatened the integrity of the GW).

DECIC - 2 players, rated 75

FJOLNIR - 5 players, rated 69-75

GRANIT - 19 players, rated 69-80

MONTANEROS - 7 players, rated 75-78

PETROVAC - 1 player, rated 78

PRESTATYN - 18 players, rated 60-65

STJARNAN - 17 players, rated 63-83 (second best player is rated 76)

TAURO - 3 players, rated 75-78

VIKINGUR - 6 players, rated 67-75

VINDAVA - 0 players

Guest drseanfitz

problem with changing a rule now is that my transfer policy has worked around the fact I have an 83CF.

wouldn't be fair to switch a rule on me now;)

DECIC - 2 players' date=' rated 75

FJOLNIR - 5 players, rated 69-75

GRANIT - 19 players, rated 69-80

MONTANEROS - 7 players, rated 75-78

PETROVAC - 1 player, rated 78

PRESTATYN - 18 players, rated 60-65

STJARNAN - 17 players, rated 63-83 (second best player is rated 76)

TAURO - 3 players, rated 75-78

VIKINGUR - 6 players, rated 67-75

VINDAVA - 0 players[/quote']

So it is just Starjnan who is allowed to keep a star man , I thought there were more than one team that had players 80+ before the chairman brought in players,I never really looked at the teams pre-chairman buys, that isn't too bad then as I thought there were numerous players above the 80 rated at clubs pre-chairman imports.

25981_1305845514.jpg

Does that now make Gardar Johannsson the 'Messi ' of the set up for the time being:)

Players will not get transfer bids on them from externals until after the first league game so transfer listed players won't probably be out until after the 2nd league game I think.

Okay. After reading blinkin's explanation, I agree to keep it to the earlier rule.

Normal player from the squad is a keeper. (since the club is pick from the hat,it is all based on luck):P

Players will not get transfer bids on them from externals until after the first league game so transfer listed players won't probably be out until after the 2nd league game I think.

If I'm remember correctly,that is a when the transfer bid from external will take place. Until then,the player will remain at the club.

The way I see it, there were 10 sides that we all knew were going to be in this. Here is why I said that the one 83 rated player (technically outside the rules I know, but its one player!) could remain in his team.

• We were assigned our teams RANDOMLY. Therefore I certainly don't feel that I was prejudice in any way giving others advantages over anyone.
  • We all got our teams. We all knew we would have one of them, we might have hoped for a different one, but it was pot luck, literally.
  • If you start out with a default team, I believe that team is yours to do with any way you see fit given the rules of the structure.
  • Gardar JOHANNSSON REALLY plays for Stjarnan. ALL of the players we had at creation REALLY play for the teams which we began with (obviously). Therefore I think ALL of those players are welcome to be a part of contributing to the teams that they REALLY play for.
  • Chairman signings, even the lower rated ones DON'T really play for those teams. Therefore, any player rated 81+ that the chairman brought in are NOT a fair contribution to this game. They DON'T really play for the teams they are at now, so I DON'T think their inclusion is fair to the rest of the managers. (Again I would like to stress that I am satisfied I am receiving full compliance from the people affected by this)

To me that explains that there IS a difference between 81+ players that you started with, and 81+ players that your chairman brought in. One is fair enough by way of chance, the other isn't fair in any stretch of the imagination. Plus, it's only ONE player!! Is it really going to make all the difference? Personally I would sell him if I managed Stjarnan, so I could use the cash to 'beef-up' the rest of my squad, but I don't manage them. The manager of them is free to do what he wishes with the players that REALLY play for the team that he manages. (He MUST sell any 81+ players that he didn't purchase and DON'T really play for his team in real life) JOHANNSSON fits that criteria. So personally, I don't feel that it would be fair to make Fitz sell a player from his team that REALLY plays for his team.

My friendlies this week -

Real Madrid 0 - 1 PETROVAC

Real Madrid 3 - 0 PETROVAC

PETROVAC 4 - 0 Barcelona

Chelsea 4 - 0 PETROVAC

Bayer Leverkusen 1 - 3 PETROVAC

3 WINS (actually beat Real, Barca, and Leverkusen)!!

Not really sure how, but I hope this isn't a bad omen as it normally means you do the opposite once the real games begin.

Got Bayern tomorrow and then the real stuff, can't wait for the Montaneros game on Sunday!!

I agree that Sean should get to keep Gardar Johannsson as when transfer dealings were beginning you said he could so he conducted his transfer buying around the fact that he was there, One player over the ratings cap is no biggie and he is 32 and will probably drop when Iceland is done as he is yet to play in any of the 3 league games so far.

A 2-1 defeat yesterday by PSG followed by a 3-0 defeat to Barca for us .

Well done to Vindava on the draw with Man United.

The way I see it' date=' there were 10 sides that we all knew were going to be in this. Here is why I said that the one 83 rated player (technically outside the rules I know, but its one player!) could remain in his team.

[list']

[*]We were assigned our teams RANDOMLY. Therefore I certainly don't feel that I was prejudice in any way giving others advantages over anyone.

[*]We all got our teams. We all knew we would have one of them, we might have hoped for a different one, but it was pot luck, literally.

[*]If you start out with a default team, I believe that team is yours to do with any way you see fit given the rules of the structure.

[*]Gardar JOHANNSSON REALLY plays for Stjarnan. ALL of the players we had at creation REALLY play for the teams which we began with (obviously). Therefore I think ALL of those players are welcome to be a part of contributing to the teams that they REALLY play for.

[*]Chairman signings, even the lower rated ones DON'T really play for those teams. Therefore, any player rated 81+ that the chairman brought in are NOT a fair contribution to this game. They DON'T really play for the teams they are at now, so I DON'T think their inclusion is fair to the rest of the managers. (Again I would like to stress that I am satisfied I am receiving full compliance from the people affected by this)

To me that explains that there IS a difference between 81+ players that you started with, and 81+ players that your chairman brought in. One is fair enough by way of chance, the other isn't fair in any stretch of the imagination. Plus, it's only ONE player!! Is it really going to make all the difference? Personally I would sell him if I managed Stjarnan, so I could use the cash to 'beef-up' the rest of my squad, but I don't manage them. The manager of them is free to do what he wishes with the players that REALLY play for the team that he manages. (He MUST sell any 81+ players that he didn't purchase and DON'T really play for his team in real life) JOHANNSSON fits that criteria. So personally, I don't feel that it would be fair to make Fitz sell a player from his team that REALLY plays for his team.

to be honest matey ill be 110% pulling my club into rule capacity and just getting on with it :) ..

im happy to go with wotever rule wise and just hope for a good first couple of seasons :) ..

if im honest i dont feel market is all that valueble first couple of caps :) ..

PETROVAC

PRE-SEASON TRANSFERS IN

MIDFIELDERS

47965_1306100842.jpg......44083_1319304126.jpg.......48106_1312197503.jpg

Geoffrey Kondogbia.........Bruno Zuculini........Raphael Holzhauser

38160_1313633217.jpg......52690.jpg......43661.jpg

Felix Kroos............Mohamed Salah............Alan Patrick

51524_1336743656.jpg..46419.jpg

Simon Skrabb........Nathan Redmond

STRIKERS

51575.jpg55330_1334582468.jpg55654_1334315360.jpg

Andy Polo.......Angelo Henriquez...Jeroen Lumu

...44966.jpg...44132_1314160513.jpg

Andreas Weimann........Lennart Thy

A great looking team you have assembled there mate.

In Decic news:

The offer for Lenny NANGIS of SM Caen from FK Dečić has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Javi MANQUILLO of Atlético Madrid from FK Dečić has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

A pretty low key affair for opening game .

dan malone earned a draw with FK Dečić against Granit.

The match ended 1 - 1 between FK Dečić and Granit in their Division 2 fixture.

Rhodes scored the only goal for FK Dečić and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.