PURGATORY - The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager

Gorbash

Re: PURGATORY - Official Launch May 14th

Stadia capacity ranges from the largest at 1' date='100 for 1 team, down to 500 being the smallest for 2 teams.

If squad value is an issue for people, then I will gladly randomize who get's who once I know the 10. People will be able to swap after that before the beginning on Monday. Would like to hear if people like that idea best.[/quote']

I'd randomize it and stick to that.

If squad value is an issue for people' date=' then I will gladly [b']randomize who get's who[/b] once I know the 10. People will be able to swap after that before the beginning on Monday. Would like to hear if people like that idea best.

That's fine for me.

Guest drseanfitz

Stadia capacity ranges from the largest at 1' date='100 for 1 team, down to 500 being the smallest for 2 teams.

If squad value is an issue for people, then I will gladly randomize who get's who once I know the 10. People will be able to swap after that before the beginning on Monday. Would like to hear if people like that idea best.[/quote']

distribute them however you like.

but when I looked kalju have a near 5,000 capacity.

distribute them however you like.

but when I looked kalju have a near 5' date='000 capacity.[/quote']

I have 500 on my notes, that may be wrong, I have checked it, I have other teams on stand-by with slightly bigger than 1,100. I can change them out if its an oversight. - This is the main reason i have taken my time with this. I can be prone to make an odd mistake. 4,750 is way too big and unfair if that is the case. I will review this and make the applicable changes.

I am committed to having no oversight's when I create it on the 14th. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Please let me know if anything else looks unusual.

Guest drseanfitz

I have 500 on my notes' date=' they may be wrong, I have checked it, I have other teams on stand-by with slightly bigger than 1,100. I can change them out if its an oversight. - This is the main reason i have taken my time with this. I can be prone to make an odd mistake. 4,750 is way to big and unfair if that is the case. I will review this and make the applicable changes.

I am committed to having no oversight's when I create it on the 14th. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Please let me know if anything else looks unusual.[/quote']

everything seemed ok in general, just that one club stood out. may be that soccer wiki has recently updated the club/capacity

ke1j.jpg

everything seemed ok in general' date=' just that one club stood out. may be that soccer wiki has recently updated the club/capacity

[/quote']

I will change them out for someone else more suitable. I cannot find my original notes at this point though :(. So I'll research once again once Soccer Wiki is back up. I'm changing the original post to tbc in place of Kalju.

I read through that opening post and it is a good story you seem to have a few pitiful souls applying for this already ,if there is a place available I would gladly be in as with Fury AWOL his customs are dying rapidly and If there is no place for me I hope all you mere peasants end up in hell.:)

Thank you for all the positive response guys.

Great to see a lot of genuine interest. Still in the reviewing applications phase to begin with for the next day or so. Really taking my time to know that everyone will be committed through thick and thin here. The team you manage will be your baby' date=' I want 10 managers committed to see it through and knowledgeable enough to challenge.

I want a line-up of tried and tested forumers, with a couple of new(ish) forumers to ****** the opportunity to rise to the challenge and compete with the greats of the game...and greats of the forum. I am relatively new too, so I will not be prejudicial against the newbies' but you must convince me you won't let me down.[/quote']

as you have many people applying i am withdrawing my application as i am on holiday til next week so won't really be available, or around much if at all til next week some time

thank you and good luck to all

Bloody hell!:eek: This setup is genius! I am really tempted to try my luck, but I'd rather not. I simply cannot commit as much time as I think this setup would require. Nevertheless, I congratulate blinkins on his work, and wish all the 10 managers the best of luck. You guys are so going to need it.

Once again, thank you for your interest everybody. I am regularly checking back here, and believe me, I am taking everyone who is interested into consideration. Please bare in mind that there is only 10 available spots so I'm not rushing into a definite line-up at this point. Most of the line-up will be seasoned forumers/SMers that truly understand the concept without the need for me to worry. As a relative 'newbie' to the forum myself I want to include 2-3 newer members as I believe in opportunity and the chance to impress on a big stage. So at this point, no one is rejected. I appreciate the people liking the idea but declining as they can't guarantee seeing such a challenge through. Much rather that than they quit at some point down the line.

I still need to do a little development work, as one of my 'Mortals' it turns out are too strong for the beginning of the game. I will let you know once the list is finalized once more.

Here is a list of applicants (including myself) that have been noted:

blinkins

Hagrid

iAwesome

Vendetta

drseanfitz

StephenMUFC

Adampennington

NapoliFan101

garryc300

zwlim87

Adam EFC

Pitung Drughi

Froz3n

Metshadow

WayneRooney10

barnabyd

sirmarkhughes

Scout Maker

ryangal1982

said7fabregas

Vladislav Stanojevic

gonich Iosova

racky

bigtunna

Manchester01

KylanN17

ali bhai

Ghora

ramanto

drink

- That's 30 applications, clearly I'm going to have to turn down twice as many as I accept here. Bare with me on the selection. I will be meticulously going through the applicants to fit the criteria I am looking for. Most of all that is a commitment and understanding of the challenge ahead. The last thing I need are quitters. Selection will come in due course.

Still accepting people to apply on here and throw your name into the hat. Purgatory will not be opening until Monday May 14th. So until I finalize a list of challengers to partake, I will still be encouraging people to declare their interest.

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

Once again' date=' thank you for your interest everybody. I am regularly checking back here, and believe me, I am taking everyone who is interested into consideration. Please bare in mind that there is only 10 available spots so I'm not rushing into a definite line-up at this point. Most of the line-up will be seasoned forumers/SMers that truly understand the concept without the need for me to worry. As a relative 'newbie' to the forum myself I want to include 2-3 newer members as I believe in opportunity and the chance to impress on a big stage. So at this point, no one is rejected. I appreciate the people liking the idea but declining as they can't guarantee seeing such a challenge through. Much rather that than they quit at some point down the line.

I still need to do a little development work, as one of my 'Mortals' it turns out are too strong for the beginning of the game. I will let you know once the list is finalized once more.

Here is a list of applicants (including myself) that have been noted:

blinkins

Hagrid

iAwesome

Vendetta

drseanfitz

StephenMUFC

Adampennington

NapoliFan101

garryc300

zwlim87

Adam EFC

Pitung Drughi

Froz3n

Asrene Wenger Arsenal

slbquista

Metshadow

WayneRooney10

barnabyd

sirmarkhughes

Mike SM

Scout Maker

ryangal1982

- That's 22 names already, clearly I'm going to have to turn down more than I accept here. Bare with me on the selection. I will be meticulously going through the applicants to fit the criteria I am looking for. Most of all that is a commitment and understanding of the challenge ahead. The last thing I need are quitters. Selection will come in due course.

Still accepting people to apply on here and throw your name into the hat. Purgatory will not be opening until Monday May 14th. So until I finalize a list of challengers to partake, I will still be encouraging people to declare their interest.[/quote']

you know something, i think now, that i won't have enough time for the next 3-4 weeks, which means i am not the right one to be here and it won't be fair if i was one of the ten guys, when there are guys who will be much more active. nice idea anyway :)

you know something' date=' i think now, that i won't have enough time for the next 3-4 weeks, which means i am not the right one to be here and it won't be fair if i was one of the ten guys, when there are guys who will be much more active. nice idea anyway :)[/quote']

Thank you for your honesty, much appreciated. You have been removed from the list.

Guest Arsene Wenger Arsenal

Thank you for your honesty' date=' much appreciated. You have been removed from the list.[/quote']

good luck with the setup, going to follow the progress and who knows, i might join one day :)

good luck with the setup' date=' going to follow the progress and who knows, i might join one day :)[/quote']

Thank you. If it is the roaring success I want it to be, then there may be a sequel(s) down the road. We'll see.....

I read through that opening post and it is a good story you seem to have a few pitiful souls applying for this already ' date='if there is a place available I would gladly be in as with Fury AWOL his customs are dying rapidly and If there is no place for me I hope all you mere peasants end up in hell.:)[/quote']

this really looks like a Fury set-up, its like de-ja-vouz....... in fact......if I didn't know any better............nah it couldn't be...........could it?:eek:

this really looks like a Fury set-up' date=' its like de-ja-vouz....... in fact......if I didn't know any better............nah it couldn't be...........could it?:eek:[/quote']

He lives in America as well doesn't he? Too coincidental, lol :)

I looked at many set-ups, including his, for inspiration and hints on what worked and didn't before making plans for this. I'm really pleased there is so much interest. It's going to be super tough trying to pick an elite squad of 10 of you.

Guest drseanfitz

He lives in America as well doesn't he? Too coincidental' date=' lol :)

I looked at many set-ups for inspiration and hints on what worked and didn't before making plans for this. I'm really pleased there is so much interest. It's going to be super tough trying to pick an elite squad of 10 of you.[/quote']

given the huge interest, I'll drop out, give others a chance.

hope it works out for you though, seems like a cracking set-up