PURGATORY - The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager

Gorbash

Re: PURGATORY - The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager

Racky's idea of sabotaging his own season to try to go down to get those bonuses in capacity and cash injection may well pay off nicely. He's doing a great job of making sure he loses every game. Montaneros have conceded 36 goals in the last 3 games' date=' scoring none! The only downfall of this tactic is being stuck in Hell, only time will tell if the tactic will pay off.[/quote']

lol still racky isnt finding it easy to beat elohim to the last spot. they're level on points rofl. granit has won more points at hell than elohim's team at purgatory rofl :D

This throwing games to get relegated is nonsense in my opinion and a big flaw on the gameworld and making me disinterested in it a bit.

Anyway back to Decic we hold out until the late but let in a goal in last 10 minutes to Barca, no chance of catching the leaders but a decent season, I am leaving now though as if more than one team per season keep throwing games against the big sides (which there will be another added next season at least) then there is little hope of getting promotion, its hard enough as it is for teams to try to keep up with the big sides as it is and no doubt we will have the same antics next season.

Great set-up idea Blinkins I did enjoy it, hopefully it goes from strength to strength.

You have now quit managing FK Dečić.

bought seven players for granit.

HORN, Timo

PODHOLJUZIN, Maksim

MALLI, Yunus

ANIER, Hannes

KORB, Julian

HEINTZ, Dominique

NEUHOLD, Florian

the best part is i spent only 231k cash in total plus a few useless old players to get all of them :).

GRANIT GUNS DOWN A MINION !!!

Granit beat Internazionale 3 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Markovic scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Arrigoni was also on the scoresheet for his side.

oh yeah!! B):D

Looks like I (Petrovac) might actually manage to stay up in Heaven this season!!!

I'm 6 points above PSG who are bottom and there's only 9 points left to play for!

Also' date=' I need a new manager for Decic ASAP.[/quote']

Decic manager will be announced shortly ;)

new players at granit since the arrival of their new manager :

KLINGA, Matti

SIRBILADZE, Irakli

VÄRTTÖ, Jarkko

PENNANEN, Petteri

VÄYRYNEN, Tim

SIHVOLA, Pekka

KANGASKOLKKA, Aleksei

BOUWMAN, Pim

ZUBAS, Emilijus (+2 > 79 :) )

NEUHOLD, Florian

HEINTZ, Dominique

KORB, Julian

ANIER, Hannes

MALLI, Yunus

PODHOLJUZIN, Maksim (+3 > 78 :) )

HORN, Timo

havent forgot about the squad cap ... 34 players atm ;)

Hey guys, Sorry about not having as much time as I once did.

The Mortals Cup really needs to get going proper however, we're going to need to finish it in Season III, like we did with the first one at the beginning of this season. :(

Only one match has actually taken place so far, and it was a Round I match that saw the holders Vindava eliminated by Fjolnir.

Fjolnir have now claimed the first spot in the Semi Final.

So can we please get what matches we can get played this Saturday.

I have re-planned the dates below.

I will send PMs to all concerned so we can get this going.

Here is the current situation, and recap for the new bosses.

-

themortalscup.png

SEASON II

Time for the Season II Mortals Cup!

Once again, a recap of how this works -

• The Mortals Cup is made up of the ten Mortal Warriors in Purgatory.

• The 'Mortal Warriors' are simply the teams that started off in the Purgatory Division, and are the only managed teams in the setup.

• The warriors are drawn randomly into a bracket that involves a preliminary qualifying round of 2 fixtures with 4 warriors competing 1-on-1.

• The other 6 warriors get a buy into Round I.

• The matches are one-off matches that must be decided on the day. There are no replays.

• If a match is drawn, here are the ways in which they are separated -

1. The warrior with the most strikes on target (shots on target) goes through to the next round.

2. The warrior with the better control of the match (possesion) will advance.

3. If still not separated (which is very unlikely), both teams are eliminated.

4. In the event of the above tie being a Semi Final, I will chose a participant to go through to the Final (There will ALWAYS be a Final). This will be based on my opinion on who to advance looking at the stats of the match.

• For this edition, and future editions of The Mortals Cup, the Holder automatically recieves a buy into Round I. This season, that warrior will be Vindava.

• Every Round is Drawn at one time, so you will be able to plot your route to the final and who you will likely be facing in each round.

So, no more messing around, here is the complete draw for the Purgatory Mortals Cup Season II.

PRELIMINARY QUALIFYING ROUND

Saturday September 29th 2012

MATCH I

Vikingur v Petrovac

MATCH II

Decic v Prestatyn

ROUND I

Wednesday September 19th 2012

MATCH VI

Vindava 0 - 2 Fjolnir

Saturday September 29th 2012

MATCH V

Stjarnan v Tauro

Wednesday October 3rd 2012

MATCH III

Montaneros v Winner Match I

MATCH IV

Granit v Winner Match II

SEMI FINALS

To be played in Season III

MATCH VII

Winner Match III v Fjolnir

MATCH VIII

Winner Match IV v Winner Match V

FINAL

To be played in Season III

MATCH IX

Winner Match VII v Winner Match VIII

WINNER

Winner Match IX

So for those of you that are listed as being at home, and you know your opponent, regardless of it being a qualifying match, or Round I match, you can go ahead and make the relevant challenge now (the qualifying matches, and 2 of the Round I matches can now be made).

Any quaestions, please ask!

petrovac.png

PETROVAC SURVIVE !!

safe.png

The current Heaven table after matchday 17, which shows Mortals Petrovac unable to be caught by tenth placed Saint.

With just one match remaining in the Second Season of Purgatory, Mortals Petrovac have managed to confirm their survival in Heaven!

The achievement is Petrovac's second in as many seasons after their Purgatory division title win in Season I.

NOTE: As a Mortals team has now survived in Heaven, next season Mortals will be able to purchase players from immortal sides (Angels and Minions (Heaven and Hell teams)).

Please refrain from doing these deals until we are officially in Season III.

We are officially in Season III as soon as the current season in-game shows as Season: 3 Turn: 1.

Please contact me if there are any questions about this.

Being a newbie' date=' I just wanted to query why not all the teams are adhering to the 35 squad limit? Is that not something we are sticking to? Has it been increased? FK Vindava have had 37 in their squad since August...[/quote']

A couple of people over shot it before they knew of it. I don't enforce it as a sackable offense, and i definitely do not have the time to be checking all the squads every week etc. But a courtesy to the others that we should all stick to it. At the time they were informed, Vindava, and others could not do a quick fix as there were TB's preventing that. They should have done it when they could but must have forgotten.

I will let iAwesome know and ask him to get back within the limits asap.

Thank you for pointing this out.

gratz ben on staying up. btw can mortals buy from immortals in season 3 only or in every season from now on?

Every season from now on.

It was just a 'feature' to unlock once a Mortal was able to stay up.

Just as long as people don't start bidding until we are officially in Season III.

Should create a few bidding wars once we get started on the new season.

P.S. - Just a reminder, after Season III (once we begin Season IV) the ratings cap for Mortals will go up to 85 (from 80), which will be a big turning point for all of us and potentially be a huge bidding war period!