PURGATORY - The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager

Re: PURGATORY - The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager

dont my boys get a mention matey?.. :( ..

Ah' date=' sorry my bad. Not paid attention in other division lately. :P

Congrats, nonetheless. :)

The chairman has decided to invest a further £31,453,136 into Montañeros CF. :)

That is very good news. But still doubt you can win promotion straight back tho.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PURGATORY - Honours Post PURGATORYHONOURS A CLUB BY CLUB LIST OF THE HIGHEST ACHIEVEMENTS OF EACH CURRENT MANAGER IN PURGATORY DECICManager Closer August 14th 2013 - P

Re: PURGATORY - The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager Thought I might run out a full update on the first round of games that were played on May 20. Might continue this though the season for t

Re: PURGATORY - The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager Fjolnir capture the signings of Alen Stevanovic, Fraser Fyvie, and Tom Lees:) welcome to Iceland boys:) take a big mad furry hat and get

tbf mate i dont think i will either im just setting my tactics weekly etc etc and seein wot happens.. ill just duck and dive till moments right :) ..

That is indeed a good move. :)

Btw, do you think you will get cash injection every season?

Need to ask Ben and Ghora on that one.

Btw' date=' do you think you will get cash injection every season?

Need to ask Ben and Ghora on that one.[/quote']

I didn't get a financial rub this season. I did have my stadium capacity increased further though taking it from just over 19,000 to just over 25,000.

As for finances, I still have the majority of the injection I received at the beginning of Season II, I know it will come in extremely handy for the beginning of Season IV when the ratings cap changes. Really looking forward to that one! I am managing to make a tidy profit each turn at the moment which is boosting my finances also at this point.

Btw' date=' do you think you will get cash injection every season?

Need to ask Ben and Ghora on that one.[/quote']

i could find out from a guy who maintained tier 1 for a season in bsides.. but im not sure.. game play at the moment is similar 2 there only the caps increase in here 2 open out..

i need 2 b in division 2 by the time it breaks 90.. if im in tier 1 even better..

imo plenty life still left in here.. like i said very good idea was the gameworld.. very solid..

i think dan cottoned on 2 the key aspect of this gameworld 2 late.. realised hed set up for first season wrong n got out..

intrigued 2 find out wots in peoples heads with this gameworld n there thinkin but im enjoyin the gameplay of it so dont wana talk about it much haha :) ..

I didn't get a financial rub this season. I did have my stadium capacity increased further though taking it from just over 19' date='000 to just over 25,000.[/quote']

Is stadium capacity make any difference in here? I'm in your Protege and the stadium was 70,000 seated but the average attendance was merely 9,989. In the last game, I just sold 10,350 tickets - which is the highest record.

As for finances, I still have the majority of the injection I received at the beginning of Season II, I know it will come in extremely handy for the beginning of Season IV when the ratings cap changes. Really looking forward to that one! I am managing to make a tidy profit each turn at the moment which is boosting my finances also at this point.

That is good for you, I regret I lost our last match 2 season ago. :o

But my finance still stable and looking to make more profit with my team.

I'm confident with this one. :)

i could find out from a guy who maintained tier 1 for a season in bsides.. but im not sure.. game play at the moment is similar 2 there only the caps increase in here 2 open out..

i need 2 b in division 2 by the time it breaks 90.. if im in tier 1 even better..

I think maybe the very first time only. Not every season.

imo plenty life still left in here.. like i said very good idea was the gameworld.. very solid..

i think dan cottoned on 2 the key aspect of this gameworld 2 late.. realised hed set up for first season wrong n got out..

intrigued 2 find out wots in peoples heads with this gameworld n there thinkin but im enjoyin the gameplay of it so dont wana talk about it much haha :) ..

Haha. same here, I kept my thinking close to my chest, not giving it away. :D

If it goes well, the good. If not, then God know how screwed I am. :P

My game plan was that for the first season it was to go 'all in' for promotion to Heaven, That got you a large cash injection, plus Stadium increase which will be massive in terms of being a leading candidate to win.

I think if that wasn't achieved then relegation to Hell, although creating a massive challenge to get out, did represent a 'silver lining' of being the only other way of getting those injections/increases in cash and capacity.

After the first season, winning Purgatory (the Division) to get promotion became much harder with an Angel and a Minion being far stronger and able to get that much easier (see Cules domination of the Division in Season II). It is FAR easier to go down, just have to accept the risk of getting stuck in Hell and whether or not you think that is balanced out by the injection and increase in capacity you get.

Lucky for me I got the promotion in the first season which in my opinion puts me by far in the best position to move forward. I was really surprised by my luck in being able to survive in Heaven in Season II. Even though I only survived by 2 points over Saint (PSG), and above Taranja (Valencia) by two goals to finish 8th - Survival is Survival however it is achieved. It also gave all of us the chance to be able to buy from the Angels and Minions which was most utilized by those of us that got great injections previous to my survival such as Granit, who massively were able to improve their team as soon as that restriction was unlocked by my survival.

I'm still very happy with the state of my team, and my status in the setup. I do though think that survival this season in Heaven is even harder than last, and promotion from Purgatory is also harder than ever before. Both Heaven and Purgatory get harder to achieve results in with each season. Hell arguably gets easier, though finishing top to get out of it is going to remain a huge challenge for many seasons yet.

The ratings increases are going to make a big difference, but they do only happen every three seasons so you cannot really rely on that as others will likely get the jump on you.

Either way, and however anyone is choosing to play it, everything is fair, nothing is right or wrong, at all depends on what works. I absolutely love this setup and still regard it as probably my most anticipated result each Sunday and Thursday. If I survive this season, I'd like to think I will never slip up and go down. I think I will easily be in the best position to win it. All I have to do is wait to become good enough to win Heaven, all of the others will have the massive task of winning one (Purgatory), if not two (Hell, then Purgatory) divisions just to get in the same position as me.

Happy playing guys, I'm confident in you all and this setup to thrill and challenge until the end. Thank you to all of you for being a part of Purgatory - (still) The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager.

I didn't get a financial rub this season. I did have my stadium capacity increased further though taking it from just over 19' date='000 to just over 25,000.

[/quote']

same for me as well no injection just increase in stadium capacity now probably 43000 :)

Is stadium capacity make any difference in here? I'm in your Protege and the stadium was 70' date='000 seated but the average attendance was merely 9,989. In the last game, I just sold 10,350 tickets - which is the highest record.

[/quote']

yes attendence has increased from 25000 to 30000 for me now. but thats because we dont play ur hoofball tactics.

My game plan was that for the first season it was to go 'all in' for promotion to Heaven' date=' That got you a large cash injection, plus Stadium increase which will be massive in terms of being a leading candidate to win.

I think if that wasn't achieved then relegation to Hell, although creating a massive challenge to get out, did represent a 'silver lining' of being the only other way of getting those injections/increases in cash and capacity.

After the first season, winning Purgatory (the Division) to get promotion became much harder with an Angel and a Minion being far stronger and able to get that much easier (see Cules domination of the Division in Season II). It is FAR easier to go down, just have to accept the risk of getting stuck in Hell and whether or not you think that is balanced out by the injection and increase in capacity you get.

Lucky for me I got the promotion in the first season which in my opinion puts me by far in the best position to move forward. I was really surprised by my luck in being able to survive in Heaven in Season II. Even though I only survived by 2 points over Saint (PSG), and above Taranja (Valencia) by two goals to finish 8th - Survival is Survival however it is achieved. It also gave all of us the chance to be able to buy from the Angels and Minions which was most utilized by those of us that got great injections previous to my survival such as Granit, who massively were able to improve their team as soon as that restriction was unlocked by my survival.

I'm still very happy with the state of my team, and my status in the setup. I do though think that survival this season in Heaven is even harder than last, and promotion from Purgatory is also harder than ever before. Both Heaven and Purgatory get harder to achieve results in with each season. Hell arguably gets easier, though finishing top to get out of it is going to remain a huge challenge for many seasons yet.

The ratings increases are going to make a big difference, but they do only happen every three seasons so you cannot really rely on that as others will likely get the jump on you.

Either way, and however anyone is choosing to play it, everything is fair, nothing is right or wrong, at all depends on what works. I absolutely love this setup and still regard it as probably my most anticipated result each Sunday and Thursday. If I survive this season, I'd like to think I will never slip up and go down. I think I will easily be in the best position to win it. All I have to do is wait to become good enough to win Heaven, all of the others will have the massive task of winning one (Purgatory), if not two (Hell, then Purgatory) divisions just to get in the same position as me.

Happy playing guys, I'm confident in you all and this setup to thrill and challenge until the end. Thank you to all of you for being a part of Purgatory - (still) The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager.[/quote']

similar thinkin 2 b fair buddy..

i went all out first season was leading along way or in the mix constant n just fell at last hurdle so was only 1 way 2 get in a position of being able 2 challenge again...

hence plan b :) .. haha..

flatline in midtier though imo is far worse than a bank balance in tier below..

cud b wrong though boys :) ..

Is stadium capacity make any difference in here? I'm in your Protege and the stadium was 70' date='000 seated but the average attendance was merely 9,989. In the last game, I just sold 10,350 tickets - which is the highest record.[/quote']

I think it makes a difference. I understand what you're saying, but my record capacity keeps going up.In The Protege it probably would be a lot higher the more challenging your opposition are. I would expect your attendance figures to rise dramatically if you got promotion in that setup.

Back to Purgatory, like I said I keep getting new records attendances. It also is the main reason my cash flow is making a nice profit each and every turn, home or away. This can only help as we close in on the players we are able to buy being much more expensive (when we can buy players rated 85+ in Season IV>VI). Might not be a huge issue to some, but I'm certainly happy to be getting an increase. If the challenge is still on when we are able to buy 90+ I will need all of that cash from ticket sales each turn just to be able to afford to potential wages at that point! Imagine only having a 1,000 seater stadium but a squad full of 85-90 rated players :eek:.

yes attendence has increased from 25000 to 30000 for me now. but thats because we dont play ur hoofball tactics.

Sorry fallen mortal' date=' I can't hear you when you shouting from below there. :P

Back to Purgatory, like I said I keep getting new records attendances. It also is the main reason my cash flow is making a nice profit each and every turn, home or away. This can only help as we close in on the players we are able to buy being much more expensive (when we can buy players rated 85+ in Season IV>VI). Might not be a huge issue to some, but I'm certainly happy to be getting an increase. If the challenge is still on when we are able to buy 90+ I will need all of that cash from ticket sales each turn just to be able to afford to potential wages at that point! Imagine only having a 1,000 seater stadium but a squad full of 85-90 rated players :eek:.

Good point about making money from the tickets sell.

But I think this stadium capacity is pretty much random tho. Still, I could be wrong.

And the last point, well I can see it being done even the idea is ridiculously amused me. :D

Nice result this week.

Van Klinkert Delarosa steered Tauro to victory against Paris Saint-Germain.Tauro beat Paris Saint-Germain 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Farnolle had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Kovacic and Bjørdal were amongst the goalscorers.

Van Klinkert Delarosa steered Tauro to victory against Fjölnir.

Tauro outclassed Fjölnir and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Kovacic scored the winner for Tauro and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Top of the table. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Elohim (Forum) earned a draw with Prestatyn Town against AS Roma.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Prestatyn Town and AS Roma in their Division 2 fixture.

Cherkasov and Pohjanpalo were amongst the goalscorers.

I must say I was pleasantly surprised

:D

Got what we needed!

Defeat our closest rival for the promotion spot - Vikingur.

Van Klinkert Delarosa IV steered Tauro to victory against Víkingur.

Tauro beat Víkingur 3 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Veretout scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Demir and Berič were also amongst the goalscorers.

Wish i had a open club slot to join this GW :(

Looks amazing :eek:

It is amazing' date=' absolutely amazing, so amazing I feel sorry for you for missing it !

That's how amazing it is...

amazing is an amazingly amazing word isn't it ?

Amazing huh ? B)[/center']