PURGATORY - The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager

Re: PURGATORY - The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager

It is amazing' date=' absolutely amazing, so amazing I feel sorry for you for missing it !

That's how amazing it is...

amazing is an amazingly amazing word isn't it ?

Amazing huh ? B)[/center']

LOL :P

Well it just so happens I eventually got a new clubs slots, so which club can i take over? :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PURGATORY - Honours Post PURGATORYHONOURS A CLUB BY CLUB LIST OF THE HIGHEST ACHIEVEMENTS OF EACH CURRENT MANAGER IN PURGATORY DECICManager Closer August 14th 2013 - P

Re: PURGATORY - The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager Thought I might run out a full update on the first round of games that were played on May 20. Might continue this though the season for t

Re: PURGATORY - The most volatile landscape in Soccer Manager Fjolnir capture the signings of Alen Stevanovic, Fraser Fyvie, and Tom Lees:) welcome to Iceland boys:) take a big mad furry hat and get

-Two fresh faces in at Prestatyn-

Prestatyn%20Town%20badge.jpg

Benjamin LECOMTE has completed his move to Prestatyn Town from Lorient in a swap deal for Jurgen BORG and Aleksey CHERKASOV

104006_LORIENT_LECOMTE_200111.jpg

This 21 year old guy is one of the brightest shining GKs in France. Everytime he get's a chance, he takes it and proves that he has what it takes.

Tho, he has Audard ahead of him at Lorient, and while he is 36 years old (could continue playing for atleast another 3 years on this level, Audard is still one of the best GKs in Ligue 1 ... kinda like a french version of Brad Friedel.

Ben played 5 games for Lorient last season ... and so far this season he's apeared in 2 games, and the reason for that is that Audard was sent off in one game and Lecomte came on and made some exceptionally awesome saves against Lille for the roughly 40 minutes he played in that game.

Naturally, he started in the next game, wich was against SC Bastia, unfortunately they lost that one, but he again, made some very qualified saves for Lorient.

In short, he should rise to 81/83 ... somewhere in that region ... and that's deff better then the Maltese GK I traded away for him !

VERY happy with this deal !

Leandro CABRERA has completed his move to Prestatyn Town from Atlético Madrid for 247,000 plus Aleksandar ĆOVIN and Matias OJALA

cabrera.jpg

Quite happy to snap this lad up.

He's had quite a good season with hercules ... 15 games and 1 goal .. I reckon he could get a +2 or perhaps a +3!

He belongs to Atletico Madrid who does have a good team and with time, perhaps Cabrera will ease himself into a starting spot.

That's quite longterm tho ... for now I'm happy with him being my highest rated player ! :D

cabrera.jpg

Quite happy to snap this lad up.

He's had quite a good season with hercules ... 15 games and 1 goal .. I reckon he could get a +2 or perhaps a +3!

He belongs to Atletico Madrid who does have a good team and with time' date=' perhaps Cabrera will ease himself into a starting spot.

That's quite longterm tho ... for now I'm happy with him being [b']my highest rated player ![/b] :D

Elo, you're such a plank. There is a ratings cap until Season IV of 80. In Season IV it will rise to 85.

What to do, what to do. Goes without saying that you cannot play him this season :(! Luckily his inclusion in your team last weekend didn't make a difference to your result as you lost anyway :P

Elo' date=' you're such a plank. There is a ratings cap until Season IV of 80. In Season IV it will rise to 85.

What to do, what to do. Goes without saying that you cannot play him this season :(! Luckily his inclusion in your team last weekend didn't make a difference to your result as you lost anyway :P[/quote']

I'm Swedish ... what can I say ?! rofl

But then please explain WHY Vikingur fielded a team consisting of only over 80s(except for Delle in goal)

I'm Swedish ... what can I say ?! rofl

But then please explain WHY Vikingur fielded a team consisting of only over 80s(except for Delle in goal)

:confused: That is really poor form that is!!

Such a wonderful game world, with such simple instructions and rules to follow. To treat it with such contempt is just disrespectful to Blinkins.

How do you not know that we have a ratings cap and a squad limit? It's all on the first post... :rolleyes:

How do you not know that we have a ratings cap and a squad limit? It's all on the first post... :rolleyes:

Might be due to me having been in over 60 setups over the past year.

Not really remembering everything for every setup :rolleyes:

Recently cut down 20 clubs' date=' trying to get back into the setups that I enjoy the most ...[/color']

Thus my recent question regarding a squad cap (I'm well within that squad cap btw)

Now I ask you, did I just commit genocide or did I do a minor screwup ?

And, me being a wee bit lazy ... blinkins does not write first posts, he writes essay (great work btw Ben)

Sorry for disrespecting you Ben, I will now commit Harakiri and haunt Ryangal.

blinkinspurgatorysurviv.jpg

FOREWORD

Many people have managed to create successful Custom game worlds.

However many of these attempts have fallen flat over time.

Some too easy. Some not interesting enough.

Too often the starting lineup of managers did not all finish.

Although there are very successful challenging tough game worlds out there (inspirations: DvG' date=' B-Sides), [/font']

I set myself the task to create a game world that would absolutely represent the biggest challenge in Soccer Manager.

A game world that will only accept the greatest managers willing to start with very little but be so intrigued as to take up the reigns and create something big.

Managers that can use the Soccer Manager structure to their advantage to become the powerhouse that is absolutely possible within the games framework.

Are you the kind of manager that thrives on the challenge of turning a minnow into a megalodon? A rookie into a headliner!

I also like the idea of a definite lifespan for the game.

I think if there is a definite end this gives the managers involved something to aim for and the knowledge that the game world will not get lost in a repetitive obscurity, causing some to drop out.

Therefore I will be looking for this to be more of an event; blasting out in a blaze of glory, rather than an ongoing campaign that slowly dies out.

I took the time to consider the options available within the custom game framework. After weeks in development, here is what I came up with…….

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(

heavenhell.jpg

PURGATORY – A DEFINITION

Purgatory is a state of the soul somewhere between Heaven and Hell as it is cleansed before it is pure enough to be accepted into Heaven.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SETTING THE SCENE

Since the dawn of time the forces of good and evil have been embroiled in an epic battle. The forces of good accommodate Heaven, it is paradise, it is for winners, it is for legends, it is the places all immortals and mortals alike are envious of and endeavor to be in.

The scenery is beautiful and the gods, angels and other forces that dwell there enjoy the friendly competition to sit atop of the Heaven’s Gate throne as the leader of the everlife.

The evil forces have been condemned to an eternal fate in the fiery chasms of Hell. There they fight amongst each other and destroy any poor soul that is unfortunate to be infinitely rejected from Heaven to an eternity of torture and suffering in the depths of the underworld.

The demons and minions that live there only survive in the hope that eventually they will break free from Hell and take what they believe to be their rightful place in Heaven.

In recent times; a prophecy has been told that states the forces of good are diminishing, they are weaker than they have ever been and grow weaker still.

The Evil forces of Hell however are regrouping, readying themselves for an assault on Heaven. The Evil forces are getting stronger. The prophecy foresees that they will not only make the advance to force their way into Heaven, but they will also conquer it and condemn all life to obscurity and anguish.

Once Heaven has been conquered; the new rulers originally from Hell will be too strong for the defeated good powers to possibly ever retake it. Never before has such evil ever been imagined let alone actually existed. Life as we know it will never be the same. Every living creature will be condemned as the forces of evil will destroy everything that Heaven stands for and what Heaven currently is will become what once was and will fade into a distant memory.

Heaven would never be redeemable as evil forces can never be turned to good. Things that once seemed impossibly distant will soon come to light and we are all doomed to pay the price.

But there is a hope! The prophecy has told of a kind that can bring these torrid times to a stop and eternally vanquish evil back to the depths in which they belong. Only these lost souls can return all back to way it should be, with good on top and evil forever defeated.

This hope though seems so ridiculous as to even waste breath in telling it. There are mortal souls left that have been forgotten but deep inside their souls still possess the integrity to rise and be more powerful than the forces of good and evil combined. Only these mortals can save the future of all life, and shape things back to the way they were intended in the everlife.

These mortal forces currently reside somewhere between Heaven and Hell in a state of mind known as Purgatory. They are destined to be involved in this battle regardless of their intent. But they are all weak, very weak. They are not ready for war and many don’t believe in the world of mortals.

The forces of Heaven refuse to believe in the mortals in Purgatory, and are even willing to fight them off as well as the forces of evil. Heaven is determined to deny the prophecy in the hope they can defend Heaven’s Gate. They don’t want to relinquish power to anyone and refuse to believe their time is up. They don’t believe the mortals of Purgatory can bring everlasting peace and rest for all immortal souls.

purgatorylogo.jpg

GAME WORLD ID: 113377

It is on that note that I bring you PURGATORY - The harshest environment in Soccer Manager history. We go back in time to before the prophecy began. The forces of good still rule in Heaven, the forces of Evil still roam in Hell and the mortal lost souls of SM still roam aimlessly in Purgatory. The name of the game is to be the one mortal starting out in Purgatory to win control of Heaven and save the souls of good, banishing evil forever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE UNFORGIVING STRUCTURE

This is a three league game world, the leagues are made up of ten forces (teams) in each league.

• Heaven –

The top division (Division 1) is known as Heaven and it is currently where the forces of good reside. The object of the game for the forces of Heaven is to defend Heaven’s Gate (1st place in Division 1) from the forces of evil and the lost souls of Purgatory alike. This is the division that you will battle with your SM warrior’s to try to win. When someone from Purgatory wins Heaven, eternal life is saved and the game is complete.

• Purgatory

The battleground division (Division 2) in-between Heaven and Hell is known as Purgatory. Purgatory is where you and the other nine SM mortals will begin the game. The object of the game for the lost souls of Purgatory is to sit atop Heaven’s Gate (top of Division 1) and vanquish evil once and for all, then the everlife will be saved. It is also advisable to avoid at all costs being sucked into Hell.

• Hell –

The Bottom division (Division 3) is called Hell and is where the all-powerful evil forces are stirring. The object of the game for the forces of evil is to destroy all life by first going through Purgatory and then conquer Heaven and retain a stranglehold on Heaven’s Gate (Top of Heaven). As a starting member of Purgatory you would do well to try at all costs to avoid being sucked into Hell. Once sucked into Hell, it could be a long time before a mortal soul from Purgatory is able to muster the courage and quality needed to break free from the constant torture and suffering and get back to Purgatory and make a new attempt to get into Heaven.

Remember at the beginning of the game you are weak, you cannot possibly stand up to the forces of Hell, or the forces of Heaven. Your job will be to train and train hard (work the transfer market) to drastically improve and achieve your quest of saving eternity from evil.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PURGATORY RULES

ONLY THE CLUBS BEGINNING IN PURGATORY CAN BE MANAGED!!

(NOTE: Heaven and Hell Teams will just be SM CPU)

Economy Level – Normal (See ‘Unlocking Features' to find out how YOU can change this)

Player can develop concerns YES

SMFA monitoring on YES

Can only offer cash to clubs in deals NO

No buying from unmanaged clubs NO (See 'Unlocking Features' to find out how YOU can change this)

Buying from external clubs YES

No buying over the age of NO LIMIT

No buying players rated over -

80 (Season 1-3)

85 (Season 4-6)

90 (Season 7-9)

NONE (Season 10+)

Squad Cap 35 players

Cannot do cash transfers over NO LIMIT

Transfer windows NONE

Can only buy players with the same nationality of club OFF

Manager sacked when they finish in the bottom NO MANAGERS SACKED

Managers must log into game world at least every DEFAULT (30 days)

League games per season 18

Automatic Promotion 1 TEAM UP

Relegation 1 TEAM DOWN

Play-Offs NO PLAY-OFFS

Starting Squads DEFAULT SQUADS

Starting Balance DEFAULT STARTING BALANCE

UNLOCKING FEATURES

There will be two features of the SM landscape that can be unlocked once the mortals achieve certain goals.

Economy The economy will begin at Normal level. As soon as at least two mortals (managed teams) are in Heaven (the top division) the economy will raise one level. Once there are three, the economy will raise another level, this will continue until there is the relevant amount of teams in the top division for the level of the economy to be set to ‘very rich economy’. Be aware though, if the mortals lose their place in Heaven, the economy could go down in the same way it went up when they gained promotion.

NOTE - The more players in Heaven or Hell, the economy goes up or down accordingly.

Buying from Unmanaged Teams Mortals will begin the game unable to buy players from unmanaged teams. This rule means that the mortals will be unable to buy players from Heaven and Hells teams. It also retains the integrity of the teams of the 10 mortals that began the game world in Purgatory. When one of the mortals manages to stay in Heaven (avoiding relegation to Purgatory) the ‘Buying from unmanaged clubs’ restriction will be removed. Once the restriction is removed BOTH HEAVEN and HELL clubs will be fair game to buy from.

NOTE - I still would like to stress that I do NOT want people buying from the unmanaged MORTALS IN Purgatory sides (if there are any) when this restriction is removed, it’s available to be unlocked simply to raise the bar and the list of players available by allowing you to buy from the Heaven’s Angels and Hell’s Minions teams.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CRITERIA FOR THE WARRIORS

In trying to populate the armies to take part in this game I had very strict guidelines to follow. The armies of Hell known as the Minions have become the greatest powers in the universe, so to represent that I needed to find the very best teams available in Soccer Manager. I decided that to determine the ‘best of the best’ I would use the criteria of the clubs out there with the most 90+ rated players that would represent the minions of Hell. To populate the army of Heaven, known as Angels, I also needed to make them as strong as possible, while being weaker than the Minions. Therefore to populate them I continued the same formula, the next 10 best teams in the game based on the amount of 90+ rated players they have. Finally I needed to represent the mortal lost souls of Purgatory, an unenviable existence being far weaker than the immortals of Heaven and Hell and threatened with the peril of continual suffering at the hands of the immortals. Therefore I needed a new formula. I decided to populate the mortals of Purgatory with the 10 teams I could find with the smallest stadiums in Soccer Manager. After a long and treacherous quest I searched the world, high and low, left no rock unturned and visited every nation known to devise the ultimate lists of viable warriors set to begin in Purgatory.

THE WARRIORS REVEALED

Now to reveal the representatives I enlisted. Here are the final line-ups for the armies of Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory.

NOTE: I have shortened each 'team' name to make it just one word in every instance.

Sometimes using the team's real life nickname or even the home stadium name.

This makes the list of Warriors sound more like Warriors names for the purpose of Purgatory.

Each name is a hyperlink to the relevant team should you be unsure as to who each Warrior refers to.

HEAVEN’s Angels

THESE TEAMS CANNOT BE MANAGED - They are just there to make life tough for the Purgatory Mortals!

Hyperlinks are provided on each forces name that will take you to the relevant link in Soccer Wiki to see which team the warrior name refers to.

heaveng.png

Aguias

[bENFICA]

Azzurri

[NAPOLI]

Bayer

[bAYER LEVERKUSEN]

Dragoes

[FC PORTO]

Gunner

[ARSENAL]

Kop

[LIVERPOOL]

Lupi

[ROMA]

Saint

[PARIS SAINT GERMAIN]

Spur

[TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR]

Taronja

[VALENCIA]

HELL’s Minions

THESE TEAMS CANNOT BE MANAGED - They are just there to make life tough for the Purgatory Mortals!

Hyperlinks are provided on each forces name that will take you to the relevant link in Soccer Wiki to see which team the warrior name refers to.

helli.gif

Biscione

[iNTERNAZIONALE]

Blanco

[REAL MADRID]

Borussen

[bORUSSIA DORTMUND]

Culés

[bARCELONA]

Devil

[MANCHESTER UNITED]

Diavolo

[MILAN]

Etihad

[MANCHESTER CITY]

Goeba

[JUVENTUS]

Roten

[bAYERN MUNCHEN]

Stamford

[CHELSEA]

PURGATORY’s Mortals

ONLY THESE TEAMS CAN BE MANAGED IN THIS GAME WORLD!!

warriorsd.jpg

Decic

[FK DECIC]

Fjolnir

[FJOLNIR]

Granit

[GRANIT]

Montaneros

[MONTANEROS CF]

Petrovac

[OFK PETROVAC]

Prestatyn

[PRESTATYN TOWN]

Stjarnan

[sTJARNAN]

Tauro

[TAURO]

Vikingur

[VIKINGUR]

Vindava

[FK VINDAVA]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RELEGATION / PROMOTION

Only one Minion will be able to break free from Hell each season. In season 1; One Mortal will be sucked into Hell in their place. One Mortal will manage the unthinkable and get into Heaven after the first season; this will be the only Mortal to get a taste of Heaven for many Seasons. They will be replaced in Purgatory with an Angel from Heaven. That Angel that goes into Purgatory will battle to protect the way back into Heaven by finishing above the Minion that was promoted from Hell the first season. The Mortal that got into Heaven will have the treacherous task of trying to remain in Heaven in Season 2. The poor Mortal soul that was sucked into Hell from Purgatory in Season 1 will have the impossible task of trying to get out of Hell, bearing in mind that there are still nine Minions down there still trying to get out!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRIZES

The size and scope of Purgatory is epic.

It is a bigger challenge than any other, to reflect this there will be great prizes on offer.

WIN PURGATORY -

Purgatory will have only one hero, when this happens the game world will come to a close.

The winner is the Mortal that leads their team to Heaven’s Gate (winner of Division 1).

If you are the winner of Purgatory you will claim the prize that reflects this, 15,000 Soccer Manager Credits!!!

WIN THE PURGATORY CUP

Although this is a GW that is based solely on achievements in the league structure of Purgatory; I do realize that there will be a cup competition each Purgatory season.

I also realize that it would be quite the accomplishment to win said cup.

If you manage to win the Purgatory Cup you will win 3,000 Soccer Manager Credits!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONCLUSION

The beauty of Purgatory is not that it has a salivating beginning, but unlike most other SM game worlds; Purgatory will have a riveting climax.

It is more like an event, than just a game world. When one of Purgatory’s Mortals tops Heaven’s Gate, Purgatory will close.

I will relinquish control of the GW and resign from my team. I would advise that the other Mortals do the same as Purgatory will be over and the GW will have faded into obscurity.

The other wonderful thing is that this game world, however difficult, will be played on Soccer Manager. Any long standing manager knows that through the transfer market and wheeling and dealing of ‘risers’, it is always possible to further your team, both financially and on the pitch.

It is a GUARANTEE that if you stick with it, and play regularly, you can definitely become the headliner of the game world.

One mortal will eventually lay claim to the title ‘Purgatory Hero’.

Ten mere Mortals will step into the Inaugural Purgatory to do battle,

Once the Dust has Settled,

Only One will Emerge Victorious!

SETTING UP SCHEDULE

MONDAY MAY 7TH 2PM GAME TIME

• THE FORUM WILL BE EXPOSED TO THE REVELATION OF PURGATORY THROUGH A NEW THREAD IN 'NEW GAME WORLDS' PAGE.

• FORUMERS WILL HAVE THE NEXT 48 HOURS TO REGISTER THEIR NAME ON THE THREAD IF THEY WISH TO PARTAKE IN PURGATORY. APPLICATIONS ON THE FORUM WILL CLOSE AT 2PM (GAME TIME) ON WEDNESDAY MAY 9TH.

WEDNESDAY MAY 9TH 2PM GAME TIME

• MANAGERS CHOSEN WILL BE CONTACTED VIA PERSONAL INVITE FROM ME (blinkins) HERE ON THE FORUM, YOU WILL NEED TO RESPOND TO CONFIRM YOUR PLACE. YOU WILL HAVE 24 HOURS TO RESPOND. IF BY THAT TIME YOU HAVEN'T RESPONDED, YOUR PLACE MAY BE GIVEN TO SOMEONE ELSE.

THURSDAY MAY 10TH 2PM GAME TIME

• ONCE ALL MANAGERS ARE CONFIRMED, I WILL RANDOMLY DRAW THE MORTAL CLUBS TO EACH MANAGER. THIS WILL BE POSTED ON THIS THREAD

• ONCE THE DRAW IS CONCLUDED, MANAGERS WILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO SWAP THEIR TEAMS IF THEY DESIRE, AS LONG AS BOTH PARTIES ARE HAPPY WITH THIS. THIS WILL NEED TO BE CLEARLY INDICATED BY BOTH PARTIES ON THIS THREAD. SWAPS WILL NEED TO BE CONFIRMED BY FRIDAY AT 2PM (GAME TIME)

FRIDAY MAY 11TH 2PM GAME TIME

• I WILL POST A FINAL THREAD ON FRIDAY OF THE FINAL LINE UP OF MANGERS/MORTALS

ENJOY YOUR LAST WEEKEND

• PURGATORY WILL OFFICIALLY OPEN ON MONDAY MAY 14TH AT 2PM GAME TIME. I WILL NEED ALL MANAGERS TO FRIEND ME (Ben Linkins) IN-GAME SO I CAN SEND YOU THE INVITE TO PURGATORY.

I humbly condemn myself as the first mortal to accept the challenge of Purgatory.

I need an elite 9 strong, committed managers to join me in 'The Fellowship of the Everlife' on this quest for immortality.

So who’s with me?............

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEASONS SCHEDULE

Here are the start dates for the beginning of each of the first ten Purgatory seasons.

Once each season has started, there will be hyperlinks to take you straight to the first post of that new season.

Season I May 14th 2012

Season II July 30th 2012

Season III October 15th 2012

Season IV December 24th 2012

Season V March 11th 2013

Season VI May 27th 2013

Season VII August 12th 2013

Season VIII October 28th 2013

Season IX January 13th 2014

Season X March 24th 2014

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE PURGATORY FRANCHISE CONTINUES....

theempyrean.png

...After Purgatory...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

infernoflyer.jpg

...After Purgatory II...

here is the essay Vendetta

Nice win for us last night.

Van Klinkert Delarosa steered Tauro to victory against Prestatyn Town.Tauro outclassed Prestatyn Town and thrashed them 6 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Linnes had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Demir, Berič and Yelen were amongst the goalscorers.

Also, got couple of riser past few days.

41916_1349651171.jpg

Mamadou Bagayoko

76 (+6) > 82

42389_1349973873.jpg

Gaëtan Charbonnier

80 (+4) > 84

Ghora (Forum) steered Granit to victory against AC Milan.

Granit beat AC Milan 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Zubas had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Can, Malli and Pennanen were amongst the goalscorers.

Nice win. Still remain 9th but theres not much difference of points between the teams.

FYI Racky's team are in 6th place atm. ;)

Expected a little for last night game.

Van Klinkert Delarosa was unable to prevent a Tauro defeat to Dortmund.Tauro slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat against Dortmund in their Division 2 fixture.

And the fact of 2 our player got sent off (Veretout and Charbonnier) not really helping our cause.

France:

N'Sakala +9 to 84

Mary + 5 to 82

Weber +5 to 83

Mandi +5 to 83

Courtet +2 to 82

Sans +5 to 82

Delle +6 to 83

Sidibe +2 to 85

Mendes +2 to 86

Alessandrini + 7 to 85

Ben Yedder +10 to 85

Not bad :D

Someone did their scouting . :) Well done.