Sign in to follow this  
.CFC

FIFA 13 Official Thread

FIFA-13.jpg

Today (15-05-12), EA announced it's first details about FIFA 13.

"We are perfecting the best sports game in the world with innovations that capture all the drama and unpredictability of real-world football," said David Rutter, Executive Producer for FIFA 13. "These are game-changing innovations that will revolutionize our artificial intelligence, dribbling, ball control and collisions to create a true battle for possession across the entire pitch, and deliver freedom and creativity in attack."

The most sophisticated artificial intelligence ever achieved for the FIFA franchise will drive FIFA 13 on HD consoles and PC. All-new Attacking Intelligence enables players to analyse space, work harder and smarter to break down defenses, and think two plays ahead. Players now possess the intelligence to create, curve, or alter runs to capitalize on openings as they occur, make runs that pull defenders out of position to open passing channels for teammates, and better position themselves for new attacking opportunities.

In FIFA 13 every touch matters with the most comprehensive and intuitive dribbling system ever developed. Inspired by the world’s best footballer, Lionel Messi, Complete Dribbling enables players to face their opponent and use precise dribble touches combined with true 360° mobility with the ball, so it’s easier to be more creative and dangerous in 1v1 opportunities. Players change direction quicker, are more explosive accelerating with the ball, and are more effective shielding defenders for longer stretches. FIFA 13 1st Touch Control transforms the way players control the ball, eliminating near-perfect touch for every player on the pitch, and creating variety and uncertainty around ball control. Factors such as defensive pressure, trajectory of the ball, and velocity of the pass now impact a player’s first touch, creating more opportunities for defenders to win back possession.

The second generation of the Player Impact Engine expands physical play from just collisions to off-the-ball battles between players. Defenders push and pull for position, and use their size and strength to win possession or force opponents into poor touches and decisions before the ball arrives. FIFA 13 Tactical Free Kicks provides the tools to create dangerous and unpredictable free kicks utilising the most skillful players on the pitch. Position up to three attacking players over the ball and utilise dummy runs and more passing options to create elaborate free kicks. Opponents can counter by adding or subtracting players to the wall, creeping the wall forward, or sending a bullet man to intercept the pass or block the shot.

FIFA 13 will also feature:

• Improved Career Mode with major changes developed in response to requests from the most passionate fans of the franchise
  • New features to enhance the massive EA SPORTS FIFA online offering, including improvements to the wildly popular Head-To-Head Seasons mode
  • Multiple new features and benefits to EA SPORTS Football Club, the live service that is the heartbeat of FIFA
  • Complete authenticity with more than 500 officially licensed clubs.
  • Additional new modes and features will be announced in the months ahead.

FIFA 13 will be available in stores world-wide this fall for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system with PlayStation Move support, Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system with Kinect™, PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, Wii™, PC, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo 3DS™, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, iPhone®, iPad®, iPod® touch and other mobile platforms. The game has not yet been rated.

05-06-12

Ia43OgdBHaE

Re: FIFA 13 Official Thread

I think they need to sort out Defensive Intelligence first. The number of times a full back has played the opposition striker onside or the two centre backs have ended up perpendicular to how they should be beggars belief!

Hopefully the Player Impact Engine will have all the flaws worked out. Interesting to see these new free kicks. I scored almost every single one I took in 11, and now in 12, I've scored maybe 5 total across all game modes. It'll be nice if they really improve all the things they say they will, or else I'm excited for nothing.:)

Also, 500+ clubs, is that more than in 12? That would be nice!

Fifa 13 release date

It's very rare that products are given a concrete release date a few months in advance. But it seems that EA Sports has decided to do just that. Tesco have a very bold Fifa 13 page and are promising a 28 September release date for the football game. [see below]

While it looks as if 28 September, 2012 is a set in stone as the release date for Fifa 13. It has been rumoured that this year could see the game released a month earlier - and more in-line with the start of the football season. Internet shopping website Best Buy even featured an August release date on its website with a click to pre-order link on the same page. Surely that was just a simple mistake though...?

500.png

Fifa 13 release date

It's very rare that products are given a concrete release date a few months in advance. But it seems that EA Sports has decided to do just that. Tesco have a very bold Fifa 13 page and are promising a 28 September release date for the football game. [see below]

While it looks as if 28 September' date=' 2012 is a set in stone as the release date for Fifa 13. It has been rumoured that this year could see the game released a month earlier - and more in-line with the start of the football season. Internet shopping website Best Buy even featured an August release date on its website with a click to pre-order link on the same page. Surely that was just a simple mistake though...?

[img']http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss249/sm4um97/500.png[/img]

Day after my birthday! :D

Watched the E3 EA Press Conference and EA on FIFA 13 simplified in the following manner;

Fancy words, Messi is the greatest, FIFA 13 is amazing, UT App on Android, FIFA 13 trailer. Basically nothing on fixes!

Few fancy things like an improvement on the impact engine, precision dribbling and attacking intelligence. You keep your Level XP from FIFA 12 also. You earn credits each day for your game time and the more you earn, you can buy historical kits, etc.

Will get it, of course, but meh.

Watched the E3 EA Press Conference and EA on FIFA 13 simplified in the following manner;

Fancy words' date=' Messi is the greatest, FIFA 13 is amazing, UT App on Android, FIFA 13 trailer. Basically nothing on fixes!

Few fancy things like an improvement on the impact engine, precision dribbling and attacking intelligence. You keep your Level XP from FIFA 12 also. You earn credits each day for your game time and the more you earn, you can buy historical kits, etc.

Will get it, of course, but meh.[/quote']

Looking forward to giving you a battering on that as well!

But seriously, I'm a huge career fan, really hope the changes are for the better. As for Ultimate Team I can't see how it could be improved, and will their be an UT game edition for extra packs?

But seriously' date=' I'm a huge career fan, really hope the changes are for the better. As for Ultimate Team I can't see how it could be improved, and will their be an UT game edition for extra packs?[/quote']

I'm sorry, what? :D

I think I beat you more than you beat me, on FUT anyway!

But seriously' date=' I'm a huge career fan, really hope the changes are for the better. As for Ultimate Team I can't see how it could be improved, and will their be an UT game edition for extra packs?[/quote']

Less of a focus on pace would be heavenly for me, but there's no chance Fifa would do it as that's what all the kids love.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n9131/fifa-13-e3-trailer.htm

It's looking quite good so far then! I'm glad they're sorting out the attacking freedom so that players analyse spaces rather than running around like headless chickens. Hopefully this means that a player will just be there where you want them rather than them being next to you or right up your arse (as some of us Northerners say :P). Will be very handy when playing through balls.

White Hart Lane will be on Fifa 13 but as far as Im concerned all the Premier League Stadium's should be in, I really prefer playing with clubs who have their proper stadium, playing at stupid grounds like Forest Park or whatever they are called puts me off because you havent really got an home ground on Career mode have you.

They will probably start adding a stadium in every fifa, for example the next best club in the premier league without their proper stadium.

The voice controls look good for it but I think it might be a problem for some people.

No use for people from the North-East of Scotland anyway. People down in England find it hard to understand us so a computer/console has no chance:o:rolleyes:

only thing i really want to be fixed is the penalties! countless times i've been given one against me when i clearly win the ball

I think it's fouls in general, it's all to do with the impact engine and what's registered as a foul and what isn't. But the advice I offer to you are the infamous words of one Ray Wilkins, 'Stay on your feet!', especially in the penalty area. ;)

I think it's fouls in general' date=' it's all to do with the impact engine and what's registered as a foul and what isn't. But the advice I offer to you are the infamous words of one Ray Wilkins, 'Stay on your feet!', especially in the penalty area. ;)[/quote']

yeah, there improving the impact engine so should be sorted. I try, its hard though when you want to put in that goal saving block in the area :P

only thing i really want to be fixed is the penalties! countless times i've been given one against me when i clearly win the ball

Countless times I've not given away a penalty when quite clearly it should of been:rolleyes:

Also I hope they get the perimeter of the box right in FIFA 13' date=' too many times I've given away a penalty when tackled outside the box.

I think it's fouls in general, it's all to do with the impact engine and what's registered as a foul and what isn't. But the advice I offer to you are the infamous words of one Ray Wilkins, 'Stay on your feet!', especially in the penalty area. ;)

I believe Rio Ferdinand made it a hashtag as well;)...#stayonyourfeet

Never seem to get the fouls the CPU get and the length of advantage. Also hope they go back to FIFA 10/11 advantage system, where it gives you the free kick when either you stop/run backwards/kick the ball out. Annoys the hell out of me. Also need to fix the offside rule on it.

Apart from that it is fine:rolleyes:

No use for people from the North-East of Scotland anyway. People down in England find it hard to understand us so a computer/console has no chance:o:rolleyes:

I was talking about how often I hear people swear over the headset, that's what will get a lot more bookings in the game.

FIFA 13 - Game overview

FIFA 13 captures all the drama and unpredictability of real-world soccer, and is driven by five game-changing innovations which revolutionize artificial intelligence, dribbling, ball control and physical play. It is the largest and deepest feature set in the history of the franchise. These innovations create a true battle for possession across the entire pitch, deliver freedom and creativity in attack, and capture all the drama and unpredictability of the real-world game.

Attacking Intelligence:

Players have the ability to analyse space, work harder and smarter to break down the defense, and think two plays ahead. Plus, players make runs that pull defenders out of position and open passing channels for teammates.

Complete Dribbling:

Face your opponent and use precise dribble touches combined with true 360-degree mobility with the ball. Be more creative and dangerous in 1v1 opportunities.

1st Touch Control:

A new system transforms the way players control the ball, eliminating near-perfect touch for every player, and creating more opportunities for defenders to capitalise on errant balls and poor touches to win back possession.

EA SPORTS Football Club:

Join the club and experience soccer's social network. Earn rewards, level up, enjoy live Challenges, and connect with friends. Everything within FIFA 13, and against friends, is measured in a meaningful way. Fans can earn rewards to unlock items from the new Football Club Catalogue, and build their status as they climb 100 levels. Real-world storylines drive Football Club through regular challenges so that FIFA 13 will look, feel and play like the real-world season. Support Your Club and compete against rivals in every area of the game, lifting your club higher in the league tables or helping them avoid relegation. Plus, the new EA SPORTS Football Club App for the iPhone enables fans to access to their EA SPORTS Football Club identity and friends, manage their FIFA Ultimate Team, search the live auctions and bid to win new players.

Better with Kinect™ (with Xbox 360):

FIFA 13 with Kinect enables you to use voice commands to manage your club’s lineup and tactics without pausing the game, shout directions on the pitch in Be A Pro, and forces you to temper the way you talk to officials.

Voice Commands: Administer your squad the way real-world managers organize their clubs during a match. Use voice commands to instantly activate tactics, change formations, or initiate substitutions, and enjoy the strategic advantage of managing your club without pausing the game. Pitch Commands: Think, react and play like a professional soccer player utilising voice commands on the pitch in Be A Pro mode. Shout for a pass, send a teammate on a run or call for a shot the way real footballers communicate on the pitch. Referee Feedback: Referees and linesmen are influenced by what they hear. Coarse language directed towards an official may be mentioned by commentators or influence a referee’s strictness and decision-making around fouls and bookings, the same way it does in real life. Plus, storylines will develop in Career Mode when players and managers let their emotions get the better of them.