Sign in to follow this  
.CFC

FIFA 13 Official Thread

Re: FIFA 13 Official Thread

I saw him getting annihilated 4-0 in two games' date=' I'm guessing he was playing Adam.[/quote']

Yeah I beat him 4-1 and 4-0 and then somehow he beat me 4-3 and scored in the last minute but to be fair I did have 10 men for majority of the game. I was beating him 1-0 then my xbox froze.

Scored a superb free-kick with Jason Lowe on my career mode

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/videos/ugc/170179705

Been doing a quick-fire Blackburn career mode (only play cup games) to see out FIFA 13. Here's a brief run-down.

Season 1: Finished 2nd in Championship. Losing finalist in League Cup, qualified for Europa League qualifying stages. Signed Alex Baptiste, Luke Murphy, Alex Clayton, James Forrest.

Season 2: Sacked after 33 games and 18th in the Premier League. Eliminated in group stages of Europa League, lost in 1/4 final of League Cup and 4th round of FA Cup. Signed Adrian Mariappa, Eric Dier (loan) Jesse Lingard (loan) Barry Bannan, Henri Lansbury, Adlene Guiediora. Took over QPR, finished 9th.

Season 3: Mid-table after 3 games. Beat Derby in 2nd Round of League Cup. Signed Jordan Rhodes, Charlie Austin, Jake Livermore, Jefferson Montero, Dedryck Boyata (loan) Marc Muniesa, Kyle Naughton.

I messed up big time in the transfer market with QPR. I had a lot of aging players to sell so I brought in Rhodes and Austin to replace Johnson and Campbell, then ran out of money. First team is relatively strong, but got no depth, and next to no money.

Scored a superb free-kick with Jason Lowe on my career mode

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/videos/ugc/170179705

Been doing a quick-fire Blackburn career mode (only play cup games) to see out FIFA 13. Here's a brief run-down.

Season 1: Finished 2nd in Championship. Losing finalist in League Cup' date=' qualified for Europa League qualifying stages. Signed Alex Baptiste, Luke Murphy, Alex Clayton, James Forrest.

Season 2: Sacked after 33 games and 18th in the Premier League. Eliminated in group stages of Europa League, lost in 1/4 final of League Cup and 4th round of FA Cup. Signed Adrian Mariappa, Eric Dier (loan) Jesse Lingard (loan) Barry Bannan, Henri Lansbury, Adlene Guiediora. Took over QPR, finished 9th.

Season 3: Mid-table after 3 games. Beat Derby in 2nd Round of League Cup. Signed Jordan Rhodes, Charlie Austin, Jake Livermore, Jefferson Montero, Dedryck Boyata (loan) Marc Muniesa, Kyle Naughton.

I messed up big time in the transfer market with QPR. I had a lot of aging players to sell so I brought in Rhodes and Austin to replace Johnson and Campbell, then ran out of money. First team is relatively strong, but got no depth, and next to no money.[/quote']

I restarted from the end of my Blackburn career and took over QPR again. This time Blackburn got relegated in 20th place (only after I was sacked) QPR still had all the aging players in their roster. Ben Haim, Derry, Johnson, SWP are all retiring. Here is the proper Season 3:

Season 3: 10th with 8 games to go. Through to the Europa League semi's against Spurs and FA Cup semi's against Chelsea. Made a lot of signings, starting from the back:

Kapino, Cresswell, Djourou, Muniesa, Simpson, Nainggolan, Huddlestone, Matt Phillips, Redmond, Falque, Rhodes, Austin

Played a game against Mr.Burrow yesterday! Honestly one of the most frustrating games I've ever played

:P extremely hard to get anything done and wherever I went you seemed to have 1 or 2 guys on me :P managed to win 3-2 after a Lewandowski hattrick after his 90+ min header :P

Played a game against Mr.Burrow yesterday! Honestly one of the most frustrating games I've ever played

:P extremely hard to get anything done and wherever I went you seemed to have 1 or 2 guys on me :P managed to win 3-2 after a Lewandowski hattrick after his 90+ min header :P

It was very even, but if spectacular goals counted double I would have won. Think I did well considering the difference between Dortmund and Schalke, and might have held out for the win had I not gone more attacking late on.

Guys, do you, in PES or FIFA, make high pressure? Because I have the pressure and defensive line set at 100 in FIFA, 20 and in PES and a compact team, but the opponents can always get a passing line and they only need 2-3 passes to rip my defense apart and score. It is very frustrating when we dominate the game and play with a quality football and they only send through balls past my defense and run with Ronaldo or Messi and score. As for the pressure ... Do you press all over the pitch (pulling players near the opponent´s penalty area) or press in your own half (having players in the midfield line)? Do you assign man markings?

I tell you what I do:

I play with 4-3-3 or 4-2-2-2 and use the Dortmund and i kinda plays like them or i trie to:p, counter-pressing, fast ball recovery, split and one touch passes combine with pace and a fast tempo. Lewa, Reus and Kuba are just outside the penalty area to immediately apply pressure and the midfield is not far and the defense is placed in the midfield line. Lewandoski plays as SS / SA and he marks the defensive midfielders, Kuba and Reus man marks the side backs, my mids man marks their mids as well his wingers are marked by my side backs and my CBs marks their CF/SS. So i let his centre-backs have the ball, but theoretically they should not have passing lanes. I also press with restraint, I will manually move with a player and call a second one, but always keep a space. I know that against stronger teams and quality, players come deep to open a passing line. Of course this has to happen, if wasn´t, i would just press, press, press! Now the opponent scores a goal with 3 passes, my pressure tactics is useless most of the times. Sometimes the opponent keeps the ball too long and my team pushes further and steals the ball, but i want that kind of agression right in the begginning. So I ask ... How do you press or cut passing lines?

Sorry for the big post, but all of this is making me confused and i am great tactician, considering my online results:o