FIFA 13 Official Thread

Re: FIFA 13 Official Thread

I am doing ok with my mega rich BBVA side. However the handicaps on this games is horrific.

For one game none of my passes was coming together, I hit the post 3 times and he won 2 soft very soft penalties. He then went and slided my Benzema who was through on goald and injured him and not even a freekick was given.

Other than that though I am having fun with them and NAVAS! is a beast!!!! I have a Hulk on the bench but he makes my chem so low when I play him :(

This is my 450k BBVA side.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#gZFgCN0qnHuFW:ps3

I am doing ok with my mega rich BBVA side. However the handicaps on this games is horrific.

For one game none of my passes was coming together' date=' I hit the post 3 times and he won 2 soft very soft penalties. He then went and slided my Benzema who was through on goald and injured him and not even a freekick was given.

Other than that though I am having fun with them and NAVAS! is a beast!!!! I have a Hulk on the bench but he makes my chem so low when I play him :(

This is my 450k BBVA side.

[url']http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#gZFgCN0qnHuFW:ps3[/url]

There is no such thing as handicap. It's just an excuse for players when they lose with their stacked teams...blame yourself, not the game.

There is no such thing as handicap. It's just an excuse for players when they lose with their stacked teams...blame yourself' date=' not the game.[/quote']

Agree. I had a shocker with my Full TOTY side last year, but that was all on me tbh, terrible workrates and just expecting too much. I made a few changes and they were unstoppable. However, I feel much more comfortable with cheaper sides, as the players just feel like they're worth what you paid (bar TOTY Ibra, who was an absolute monster, and easily the best player and best value player I have bought)! Also, connection plays a huge part too.

I'm on form, have 275k with about 20k of stuff on the trade pile! So that's over 200k made in just over a day :D

You are wrong. There is no such thing. As I already said' date=' it's a myth made up by people who cannot win with their good teams.[/quote']

Your most probs right dude. I admit I wasn't playing my passing game, I just remember KSI on youtube mentioning the handicap EA adds to teams who don't have as good players.

If not then I am just whack at Fifa haha :)

Practice makes perfect :D

Your most probs right dude. I admit I wasn't playing my passing game' date=' I just remember KSI on youtube mentioning the handicap EA adds to teams who don't have as good players.

If not then I am just whack at Fifa haha :)

Practice makes perfect :D[/quote']

Yeah, well KSI is a and isn't very great at FIFA so..;)

--

Anyway, just won D1 and was only expecting the 8k prize that it says, but there was also a premium pack waiting for me in the store. :D I assume that was part of the prize anyway. :) Got a 4231 Anita in it & a 4321 card (which I'll keep), so it wasn't too bad. :)

After not been able to connect to the EA online servers,I was forced to play some career mode for two hours and worked it out now,I have to say it's a cracking game mode when you use it correctly and fairly,It took me a 5-1 defeat to realise but it's simply all about transition and how quick you get to there goal and vice versa,Beat Oxford 1-0,had a cracking game against Barnet which was a 2-2 draw after been 2-0 down,and a game against Southend where we won 1-0 in the last minute,the amount of last ditch challenges both sides made was incredible,really was a see saw game and one I enjoyed immensely.

Time will tell for the likes of UT which I've only played on game in and Seasons which I've only got promoted from Division 10 which was ridicolously easy.

Still I was worried about this game and didn't want to buy it but the defence is far far more balanced than I anticapted it would be,and the game doesn't seem like it's Overpowered by attack and pace (except for PSV who are just freaking insane.)

Most I've enjoyed a FIFA game since FIFA 08.

So I'm not the only one' date=' I've had this all since yesterday morning up until now still, I just at times have absolutely no clue. I asked on here but got little response and I've tweeted @EASPORTSFIFA but they're not bothered about replying to people unless it's positive comments. Hopefully it should be resolved soon once others also get it.

Have you also when on Seasons saw some teams that have players that are not in the teams with ratings like -892 and when you click on it, it freezes and you have to restart your console again?[/quote']

Good that I wasnt the only one who was having trouble getting onto a game then, I had a couple of games on it before I went to the Stoke game yesterday and it was fine then, I used the side I was trying use last night when it wouldnt work.

Seemed to be just last night for me though and and I havent noticed the rating problem, when I went back to the menu once it did freeze so i went off the game and back on it.

Perhaps like Toonfanforlife says it could be a certain side were trying to use, think i just tried get a game with one side then when it wouldnt work I went back to my career so it could be that, hope it gets sorted though if it isnt already.

Whats this 1000 coins after 15 ut games thing lads? Would appreciate it if someone could explain it.

Not to sure mate. I had an extra which gives me 1k extra every FUT match for 10 games though.

Anyone on ps3 want a game on FUT? I will have a quick bath and pop shops then be back. If you want a game please PM me your gamertag. I ain't very good at this Fifa (because finese is powerless)

Would be cool to play some of you :D

Started a, Career Mode - Manager, into the late hours of yesterday, with Fiorentina, really like some of the new, added menus, especially the way the transfer market is more user friendly, in addition how you can make enquires, as well as when in negotiations, you're made aware how many years said player has remaining on there contract.

Naturally the first thing I did was sell that imbecile, Oliveira, then tangled with the idea of selling Ljajic, as I want to keep the core team in real life, but sold him off in the end, bought in Suso (£750K) (really like his progress IRL), Insigne (£6.5), no explanation needed on that, the kid is just straight up NASTY. Also managed to get Iago Falque (£4m - buyout) on loan with a clause.

Finished off all my friendlies (playing on World Class), lost 1, won 1, drew 1.

Quite liking this so far.

There is no such thing as handicap. It's just an excuse for players when they lose with their stacked teams...blame yourself' date=' not the game.[/quote']
You are wrong. There is no such thing. As I already said' date=' it's a myth made up by people who cannot win with their good teams.[/quote']

They do exist, EA admitted it somewhere on Fifa11 I think it was.

You will find now and then in some of your games your players are not quite as fast / responsive as they normally are, or there passing is a little off to how it normally is.

In those same games your players miss chances you normally score very easily even though you aim in the EXACT place with the EXACT power as you normally use.

And again in those games your GK will have a shocker compared to normal.

You don't always lose these games of course so its not just an excuse when you lose.

They didn't call it a handicap mind, I cant remember the term they used but I think it kicks in more and more depending on how well you are doing (so people who are on amazing runs online find it harder and harder)

At the end of the day it is the game that decides what your players do, for example if you have a clear header 6 yards from goal, all you can do is aim it in the right place with the power, if that decided it then that player would head it into that place with that power and not head it wide for example.

They do exist' date=' EA admitted it somewhere on Fifa11 I think it was.

You will find now and then in some of your games your players are not quite as fast / responsive as they normally are, or there passing is a little off to how it normally is.

In those same games your players miss chances you normally score very easily even though you aim in the EXACT place with the EXACT power as you normally use.

And again in those games your GK will have a shocker compared to normal.

[b']They didn't call it a handicap mind[/b], I cant remember the term they used but I think it kicks in more and more depending on how well you are doing (so people who are on amazing runs online find it harder and harder)

At the end of the day it is the game that decides what your players do, for example if you have a clear header 6 yards from goal, all you can do is aim it in the right place with the power, if that decided it then that player would head it into that place with that power and not head it wide for example.

Momentum, I think they called it. They claimed that it was only in Fifa 07 or 08, can't remember, and they'd taken it out. Sometimes games just feel annoyingly scripted (45/90th minute goals etc), and they said they'd answer questions about it, left it for a couple of months and then completely fobbed it off without answering the questions, typical EA :rolleyes: