Sign in to follow this  
Guest SM Dev (Ste)

SM Credits

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

SM Credits have now been introduced to Soccer Manager - this virtual currency can be used to purchase virtual goods from the SM Shop.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: SM Credits

Interesting' date=' I already have 76 of them. Do we get some free on a regular basis then?[/quote']

Every day you login to Soccer Manager you will receive some SM Credits. You can also earn 50 SM Credits for every friend who accepts your friend invite and joins you on Soccer Manager.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

I only have 3... how is this possible?

If you go to your Account Settings and view your SM Shop History it will display why you have been credited with SM Credits.

Does this now mean that you can't simply buy gold memebership, or a gameworld? That you have to buy the points and then buy the world with these. Like with Sims etc?

Also, does this mean pay by mobile is no longer an option? Or is that an exception to the rule?

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Does this now mean that you can't simply buy gold memebership' date=' or a gameworld? That you have to buy the points and then buy the world with these. Like with Sims etc?[/quote']

SM Credits can be used to purchase any virtual good from the SM Shop.

Also' date=' does this mean pay by mobile is no longer an option?[/quote']

SM Credits can be purchased using a card, PayPal or boku.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Do you still need to be a gold member to purchase a costum game world?

Any manager can purchase and create Custom Game Worlds using SM Credits.

I've heard of a fantastic way of paying for stuff. It's called CASH.

Why muck about with something when it wasn't broken? I'd happily have paid a couple of quid to buy a team. Now I have to buy 875 credits for 5 pounds to allow me to buy a team which then leaves me with 375 credits I have no use for.

Absolute madness.

This has made many things in the shop more expensive!

Am just thinking this too...so if I want a gold membership its 1500 credits, but I cant purchase just 1500 credits, I'd need to pay £10 and get the 1834 credits...therefore they're making me spend more. I'd need to log in 313 days to get the next package down, but have 250 days left on my membership. So I pay more now, but I've a potential saving in nearly two years time...

Make your own mind up over this, I already have.

A few questions:

What's governed the number of credits you receive for £X? It seems silly to make the stuff you buy a round number of credits yet sell the credits in lots of 333, 875, 1834 and 3833. Everyone will end up with random unused credits floating around. Would be much better to have the credits available in multiples of 100, say.

Will I need the credits in stock to reserve a club or will I be able to click to reserve, buy the credits and hence pay for the team (so long as I'm within the time-out period)?

A few questions:

What's governed the number of credits you receive for £X? It seems silly to make the stuff you buy a round number of credits yet sell the credits in lots of 333' date=' 875, 1834 and 3833. Everyone will end up with random unused credits floating around. Would be much better to have the credits available in multiples of 100, say.

[/quote']

Yup, the way things currently are, you pay more than what you need to. Which works in SM's favour as they've got your cash. Would make sense to be able to specify how many credits you want, and the price is then calculated accordingly. I hope this is introduced, but I can't see it happening.

Yup' date=' the way things currently are, you pay more than what you need to. Which works in SM's favour as they've got your cash. Would make sense to be able to specify how many credits you want, and the price is then calculated accordingly. I hope this is introduced, but I can't see it happening.[/quote']

Well, that method could also lose you money assuming you're implying a linear method (you pay twice as much for twice as many credits). At the moment you get additional credits for ordering £10s worth of credits all at once as opposed to two lots of £5 (1834 - 2*875 = 84).

Something like 300 for £2, 500 for £3.50, 1000 for £6, 2000 for £10 and 5000 for £20 makes much more sense in my mind (rough figures; I haven't done the maths).

Well' date=' that method could also lose you money assuming you're implying a linear method (you pay twice as much for twice as many credits). At the moment you get additional credits for ordering £10s worth of credits all at once as opposed to two lots of £5 (1834 - 2*875 = 84).

Something like 300 for £2, 500 for £3.50, 1000 for £6, 2000 for £10 and 5000 for £20 makes much more sense in my mind (rough figures; I haven't done the maths).[/quote']

I see your point, and it would be a better way to do it than what's happened now. I just think, if I need 876 credits, I'd like to have the option to buy 876 credits, but I appreciate there's some sort of price bracketing so that people who spend more get more.

I just don't like wasting money in paying for what I don't need!!