Sign in to follow this  
Guest SM Dev (Ste)

SM Credits

Re: SM Credits

I take your point that to some extent the credits are pointless, but remember that SM charges different amounts for upgrades to different people, you mention 3,600 credits as your figure' whereas I could take a custom game world or reserve a club for 2,000.Why they do this is anybody's guess.

I need just over 1000 extra to renew my gold membership and have the best part of a year remaining so it's not as pointless as you think.

What is really annoying is that I can prove to them that there is a problem but the ticket is either closed without reply or a reply that states there is not a problem.

What is the function of a SM dev? I thought they were supposed to help in situations like this but perhaps I am mistaken

Excuse the pun but credit where credit is due to SM.

Today I received an answer to my numerous tickets as below

We are sorry that you have had this inconvenience. Due to your persistence our technical guys have discovered a problem with certain countries and the system we use to randomly select credits. We have allocated you 50 sm credits for the missed gays plus another 1000 as compensation.

Once again we are sorry for all the hassle we have caused you.

A big thank you whoever sorted out this problem

PS I think they mean missed days not gays lol

We are sorry that you have had this inconvenience. Due to your persistence our technical guys have discovered a problem with certain countries and the system we use to randomly select credits. We have allocated you 50 sm credits for the missed gays plus another 1000 as compensation.

What about the rest of us ?

What about the rest of us ?

Ye' date=' i cant even buy credits with airtime anymore :mad::mad::mad:

how did you get hold of the SM team? ive been trying to email them for ages now, and cant find any address on the site :confused::confused::confused:

Ye' date=' i cant even buy credits with airtime anymore :mad::mad::mad:

how did you get hold of the SM team? ive been trying to email them for ages now, and cant find any address on the site :confused::confused::confused:[/quote']

If you are having a problem

Go to help - report bugs then create a ticket

I need just over 1000 extra to renew my gold membership and have the best part of a year remaining so it's not as pointless as you think.

So do I and at the current rate of 1 - 3 a day it will take A YEAR.

Is 1 - 3 a day the actually intended rate by SM? It used to be at least ten?? when they raised all the prices.... even the achievement points are miniscule.

So do I and at the current rate of 1 - 3 a day it will take A YEAR.

Is 1 - 3 a day the actually intended rate by SM? It used to be at least ten?? when they raised all the prices.... even the achievement points are miniscule.

Agreed. 1-3 credits a day is a farce. It is more insulting than it is helpful. Realistically, I will earn about 500 credits over a full year. What's that really worth? Nothing. I'd rather be given nothing than insulted. It's like making a donation to Chelsea of 10 quid and expecting everyone to be appreciative.

So, once again, SM has this great game and it feels like they are trying to get people to quit playing by messing things up. Dear SM, not all changes are progress...

Show off! So is the amount we're supposed to get? How come someone said he got 10+ credits?! I could log in for a week and not get 10 in total¬!

I wish SM had some level of customer service to answer questions like this one.

I wish SM put out more information when they make changes such as this.

I wish SM had someone on staff that actually cares about communication with the people who spend money to play their game.

I get it is a business and needs to be profitable, but I've been playing for near 4 years now and I cannot remember ever seeing so much dissatisfaction (neither the chairman being introduced nor player concerns caused as much unhappiness as the recent changes to points and the flooding of new GCs).

The sad part is that I just don't feel that SM really cares as long as their new business model makes them more money. Unfortunately, that type of short-term thinking doesn't tend to work out very well in the long-term.

And, with all that said, it means, I don't have a clue and I am not sure SM does either. Sorry mate.

I have just logged in again and got the princely some of........wait for it........1 yes 1 whole SM credit, this has been going on for over a week and I am sure it is bug. Noticed a few other glitches in the same time period as this such as SM Chat showing up how many friends are online yet not giving me the option of seeing who is on and subsequently not being able to chat.

This makes me think there may well be more in-game features being added to the game engine. This would make sense as to why a few of the fundamental aspects are not working properly.

I wish SM had some level of customer service to answer questions like this one.

I wish SM put out more information when they make changes such as this.

I wish SM had someone on staff that actually cares about communication with the people who spend money to play their game.

I get it is a business and needs to be profitable' date=' but I've been playing for near 4 years now and I cannot remember ever seeing so much dissatisfaction (neither the chairman being introduced nor player concerns caused as much unhappiness as the recent changes to points and the flooding of new GCs).

The sad part is that I just don't feel that SM really cares as long as their new business model makes them more money. Unfortunately, that type of short-term thinking doesn't tend to work out very well in the long-term.

And, with all that said, it means, I don't have a clue and I am not sure SM does either. Sorry mate.[/quote']

With the profit that is being made with the influx of many custom set-ups as well as the ridiculous turn over of GC, would it be to difficult to have a 24/7 live agent(s) to answer queries. Just someone who can answer questions and any troubleshooting problems, even via email. The interaction between the devs of the game and us little people is not the greatest and some solution to appease peoples concerns is required.

With the profit that is being made with the influx of many custom set-ups as well as the ridiculous turn over of GC' date=' would it be to difficult to have a 24/7 live agent(s) to answer queries. Just someone who can answer questions and any troubleshooting problems, even via email. The interaction between the devs of the game and us little people is not the greatest and some solution to appease peoples concerns is required.[/color']

Mate, I'd settle for an e-mail address (customerservice@soccermanager.com) instead of everything going through their site that has few options beyond reporting cheating and bugs.

Look, let's call it what it is. SM knows we all love the game too much to quit playing. So, they are very clear in that they don't really care how happy we are as long we keep playing and paying to do so.

As a business man, the way SM has set-up communication, it is clearly designed to make it difficult for the consumer to do so. Hey, it's a business...can't blame them for being motivated by the bottom line.

Mate' date=' I'd settle for an e-mail address (customerservice@soccermanager.com) instead of everything going through their site that has few options beyond reporting cheating and bugs.

Look, let's call it what it is. SM knows we all love the game too much to quit playing. So, they are very clear in that they don't really care how happy we are as long we keep playing and paying to do so.

As a business man, the way SM has set-up communication, it is clearly designed to make it difficult for the consumer to do so. Hey, it's a business...can't blame them for being motivated by the bottom line.[/quote']

I appreciate what you are saying but most businesses of any note have a customer services, whether it is via email or phone as there primary aim is to keep the customer happy and to support them with any issues they have.

A happy customer requests product A to family and friends thus increasing customer growth for the business in question.

I appreciate what you are saying but most businesses of any note have a customer services' date=' whether it is via email or phone as there primary aim is to keep the customer happy and to support them with any issues they have.

A happy customer requests product A to family and friends thus increasing customer growth for the business in question. [/color']

Agreed mate. I did not mean to say the lack of SM customer service was good, just that we'd best get used to it. It's been 4 years that I've been playing and it has always been this way.

You are right though. An improved level of customer service (maybe any customer service) would should help their product draw more people to play.

Well I don't know about you lot but I'm quite looking forward to getting a free slot for a new team. In 2029......

I just broke out the calculator and figured out that at an average of 2 points per day, it will take me just over 7 more years to get to the 6,000 points needed to get a team in a new GC.

Of course, that is only if SM doesn't go and change everything and really, what are the chances of that?

I have been awarded 1 SM credits for logging everyday...

According to previous SM credits, 1 SM credit was just good not bad, actually it took me just 3 month to get an extra club slots costing 250 SM Credits while the previous SM credits plus the achievements ones.

but now I have 204, and the extra club slot is 2000 and am recieving just 1 credits for logging everyday what will it take to get the extra club slots? 4 years right?

You are doing this because you got more players and more players means prices to go up... You are just doing the same way EA(electronic arts) does. I just quit this SM, and I hope the majority does.