Sign in to follow this  
Guest SM Dev (Ste)

SM Credits

Guest drseanfitz

Re: SM Credits

want I won't to say is' date=' you should clearly read between the lines, and for younger players, this is not always clear, for the older no problem, but there are still many young players in this game, I am from time to time to overwhelm by questions of younger players in my game worlds, so this is a sign that it is not always clear to these, and that these young people are far too expensive, hence my message, I know that you get some credits for free , and that you can play for free, but as in my country, this should be clearly indicated, what you get and what you should pay, etc., mean nothing here, make that clear, but I see that these younger players are struggling now, even have some young players send some credits and that is not the intention ,I know I some time to good for this world..lol that is all what I won't to say nothing more nothing less.

That's all keep the game interesting for everyone, these youngh players won't more but can not no longer afford, and that is sad, life is so more than enough expensive, and that gap is growing.nothing more than that to say,No offense, but these young are our future

get you..........

hi Duncan' date='

i recently bought credits, for the first time, using my mobile and i didnt have a problem.

i'm with MTN prepaid and there were no hidden charges or commission.

hope you get sorted soon,.[/quote']

Great news, ye im with Vodacom got it right ages ago after weeks of emailing and calling.

Doing the same now, very lengthy deal :eek:

May I ask the last SMS where you must say yes or no, did you sms that to 31342?

Because i get that far then if just says loading the whole time

hi Duncan,

i just used BOKU? where you buy credits, put in my number and they sent me a sms with a code to put in on the screen and it was done, took a while for it all to load but everything took no more than 3 minutes.

hi Duncan' date='

i just used BOKU? where you buy credits, put in my number and they sent me a sms with a code to put in on the screen and it was done, took a while for it all to load but everything took no more than 3 minutes.[/quote']

I tried that but it seems it doesn't work with Vodafone :confused:. It had worked before but not now.

I tried that but it seems it doesn't work with Vodafone :confused:. It had worked before but not now.
hi Duncan' date='

i just used BOKU? where you buy credits, put in my number and they sent me a sms with a code to put in on the screen and it was done, took a while for it all to load but everything took no more than 3 minutes.[/quote']

Ye coz it used to work for me, i put the pin in, then is sends me a message asking to reply yes or no.

I reply Yes to 31342, and then nothing happens

I don't come on the forum too often, so apologies if this issue has already been raised...

While logging into my account using a proxy server (I was using it to bypass censors to another site from where I live) I noticed the credits were valued differently. All things in the club shop were a third the price of what I have paid and am shown using my regular login. For example:

• 12 months Gold membership 6,000 (usually 18,000)
  • Standard Game World 3,200 (usually 9,600)
  • Custom Game World 4,800 (usually 14,400)

As someone who has just renewed for 12 months gold membership, I find it quite galling to find that just because I live in a certain country I have to pay 3 times the amount as others.

Is there any reason or explanation for this huge discrepancy in values? Especially considering there is no extra cost for shipping or selling a 'product' internationally etc.

I don't come on the forum too often' date=' so apologies if this issue has already been raised...

While logging into my account using a proxy server (I was using it to bypass censors to another site from where I live) I noticed the credits were valued differently. All things in the club shop were a third the price of what I have paid and am shown using my regular login. For example:

[list']

[*]12 months Gold membership 6,000 (usually 18,000)

[*]Standard Game World 3,200 (usually 9,600)

[*]Custom Game World 4,800 (usually 14,400)

As someone who has just renewed for 12 months gold membership, I find it quite galling to find that just because I live in a certain country I have to pay 3 times the amount as others.

Is there any reason or explanation for this huge discrepancy in values? Especially considering there is no extra cost for shipping or selling a 'product' internationally etc.

Dont worry i have to pay that much credits aswell.I'm pretty sure others do aswell./

Dont worry i have to pay that much credits aswell.I'm pretty sure others do aswell./

Yeah I dont mind paying that many credits, it's just finding out other people are getting it at a third my cost. What if I'd have bought my gold membership through my proxy? Could I have got it for 6,000 and not 18,000?

My main query is why and on what grounds is there a such a large difference in pricing?

Couldn't be bothered.

Anyone want to send a Thousand credits to Me :P (Joking)

Ye ive been busy with that atm' date=' 3 companies involved so far 20 emails, 10 sms's and about R12 in phone calls and ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGE[/color']

My parents won't let me buy Gold Managership so I could get more clubs etc, instead there are two free way, Translater, I only speak English and Inviting Friends- they basically get annoyed with request and refuse to join so is their any other way?

I can' believe... the prices are... 3000 for a month of Gold Membership ? Really ? The good thing is that i have 300 days left of Gold Membership... i hope this crazy prices will decrease fast

Thats crazy, I remember it used to be £1.29 for a month now its £2, slowly but surely that will turn to £2.50. I havent bought gold in a while now, and will not be buying it until prices go down at least. My question is what have SM done to justify the increase?

Thats crazy' date=' I remember it used to be £1.29 for a month now its £2, slowly but surely that will turn to £2.50. I havent bought gold in a while now, and will not be buying it until prices go down at least. My question is what have SM done to justify the increase?[/quote']

I remember when a years Gold membership was £10 and you got a free custom setup with it too. At the end of the day people want to manage the big clubs (less so around the forum, as we've all won something with a big club, and lets be honest its not that hard to achieve), so aslong as peope are willing to pay for the big clubs then SM will continue upping prices.

Think of it this way, when I joined there were 8 Gold Gameworlds and about 15,000 member on SM, when the GM was introduced only say 10% of members got the GM, so that 1,500 gold members across 8 setups...potentially...

Taking two dependent variables (Gold members and GW's created), in a linear fashion, of course you have to introduce more GWs as members increase. As members are increasing they are willing to pay for the big clubs, and SM, as a business, are right to take advantage of this. It's poor business accumen if they dont.

Unfortunately, the forum isnt as big a force as it used to be, the ammount of people compared to members on SM that come on the forum is null, the forum used to be a majority, devs like Jeppo and Ste would listen... But if the forum is no longer a majority then we dont represent the bigger population.

The bottom line is that SM will be come a victim of its own success, all of these unmanaged clubs in setups will take away what made the game special. You didnt care what team you got in GC10 you were just happy to be a part of it!

A final thought, what is SM's dominant age population? When i first played i was 15, i spoe to people who on the base of it were 12-15, with the occasional older members. SM need to remember who their dominant population is, and not price them out of the game. Its okay for people like myself to pay a 5er here and there for a month GM, but the majority of people cant afford it. I look at the most recent Gold GWs and all the big clubs are owned by the same people. Eventually these people will get bored...

My parents won't let me buy Gold Managership so I could get more clubs etc' date=' instead there are two free way, Translater, I only speak English and Inviting Friends- they basically get annoyed with request and refuse to join so is their any other way?[/quote']

get a paperround :)