Sign in to follow this  
Guest SM Dev (Ste)

SM Credits

Re: SM Credits

I think there's trouble on the horizon if what I witnessed tonight is an indication of things to come.

At approx midnight (GMT) my credit balance at the very top of the page had a pop-up message attached to it.

Basically, it stated I had 'exceeded my limit of 1000 SM Credits' and that I wouldn't be awarded any more until my balance was reduced to below 1000.

This, if introduced, will force players to cash in their credits on upgrades before reaching their target amount.

I'm just 53 credits short of 6,500. At 6,500 I only have to spend £12 to buy a further 18,500 credits meaning I can buy 24mths Gold Membership for 25,000 credits.

If I'm prevented from being awarded more credits because of a new 1000 limit then it will cost me £14 and leave me with a surplus of over 1000 unused credits which, again, blocks me from earning more. Also, 1000 credits doesn't buy you anything in the upgrade shop, so just what is the point?

Putting a 1000 credit limit on existing credit balances is wrong, pure and simple. We should be given every opportunity to continue collecting until we can make a meaningful or optimal purchase.

Implement this ill-conceived change at your peril, SM - you're already on very stony ground with the random game engine and ratings shambles...:mad:

i bought 12 month gold just before xmas, now less than a month later, the same 12 month gold has risen twice and is now FOUR more times the cost!!!

i wont be spending anymore more money on SM again.

living in south africa, the prices a month a go were similar to buying in pounds, now the 12 month gold costs me 16 instead of 12 pounds with the current exchange rate.

i bought 12 month gold just before xmas' date=' now less than a month later, the same 12 month gold has risen twice and is now FOUR more times the cost!!!

i wont be spending anymore more money on SM again.

living in south africa, the prices a month a go were similar to buying in pounds, now the 12 month gold costs me 16 instead of 12 pounds with the current exchange rate.[/quote']

WHAT!

thats outrageous! you get charged more?

out of interest, id like to know what 12months gold management cost

2years ago

and 1 year ago.

mine runs out in 32 days, but i cannot for the life of me remember what i paid last time...

i will renew, as its only £1 a month really but just want to know what the inflation is!

at xmas, 15 rand (14 to the pound) got me around 1,770 credits.

today i get 1,250 credits.

so i think that the prices have trebled and i now get 25-30% less credits for my money.

i was less than 1,800 credits away from buying a custom , which would have been 15 rand needed to make up the difference, today i need to spend 190 rand to make up the difference, that is 12.50 pounds difference in less than a month.

i have been wondering for a long time whether SM are struggling for money and it wouldn't never suprise me if one day the site was closed because they have gone bust.

just had a butchers at the price structure changes as i always pay for my g.m through my phone(& i bought a 12 month just before crimbo)

and they've slashed the amount you get on that aswell

"dec 13 2012 i payed £10 for 16,757 credits"

if i was to buy the £10 option now i'd only get 13,350

thats a difference of 3407credits,

not too pleased with cut off point either of a 1000cred's not that its that much of a difference just think its a little bad minded really

Well the SM credit caps nullifies all my hard work to earn credits. 4,000 credits and now I can't earn anymore. I was hoping for extra club spots, oh well. I log in everyday and I'm an active user. You would think SM would reward that.

Well I can tell you now that SM will not receive another penny from me. I am a Gold member and I am going to allow my membership to run out. However I will play the game for free from now on until the game folds.

;2416113']WHAT!

thats outrageous! you get charged more?

out of interest' date=' id like to know what 12months gold management cost

2years ago

and 1 year ago.

[/quote']

2 years ago you got a years membership and a custom setup for £10, and 2 years and a custom setup for £15

A year ago it wasnt much different

Sm are and have already been money grabbing clowns they dont care at all about us so why pretend they do?:rolleyes:

The amount of cash they take in and the poor custimor service and match engine is quite frankly embarising but nothing will be done as they dont listen lor look!

Its not as if its to any cost of them making us gold so they keep 100% of what they make!

Sm are and have already been money grabbing clowns they dont care at all about us so why pretend they do?:rolleyes:

The amount of cash they take in and the poor custimor service and match engine is quite frankly embarising but nothing will be done as they dont listen lor look!

Its not as if its to any cost of them making us gold so they keep 100% of what they make!

They wouldnt up prices if they didnt think that people are going to keep paying for them mate. It just happens that the forum isnt the 'strong force' (for want of a better phrase), that it used to be.

SM dont care how many Gold GWs they make aslong as they make money, they are after all a business, if they want to keep creating Gold GWs, and there are the people there that will pay for the bigger clubs, then they will continue.

Its a shame, as the real buzz from a GC was when it was full, not what team you had!

They wouldnt up prices if they didnt think that people are going to keep paying for them mate. It just happens that the forum isnt the 'strong force' (for want of a better phrase)' date=' that it used to be.

SM dont care how many Gold GWs they make aslong as they make money, they are after all a business, if they want to keep creating Gold GWs, and there are the people there that will pay for the bigger clubs, then they will continue.

Its a shame, as the real buzz from a GC was when it was full, not what team you had![/quote']

Your 100% right! Gc's are rubbish I mean who enjoys 2 gc's a week? I dont! I say we all make a stand spend no money on sm dont join any gc's spread the word and hit em were it hurts! There pockets! They would soon listen

Your 100% right! Gc's are rubbish I mean who enjoys 2 gc's a week? I dont! I say we all make a stand spend no money on sm dont join any gc's spread the word and hit em were it hurts! There pockets! They would soon listen

It would work, if the majority of the SM population were a) on the forum and B) willing to listen. I've done it myself since I rejoined. I have happily paid for a Madrid and a Bayern! And people will continue to do so.

Unfortunately the majority of the SM population, aren't on the forum, and are content in paying for a decent side. SM say that they only create based on demand, and the demand is going to be there. It would be foolish for them not to exploit it!

At the end of that day, they have the money from the likes of me and you anyway... if they have it already why would they listen to us two!

to be honest the pre-reserve can't be fetching in that much money any more, as the last few g.c that have opened have gone public(to buy) with only 9/10 teams taken max, where as when they first introduced it there was an easy 40/50 teams being pre-ordered

and now most go public(as in free for g.m) with only 40/45 actually bought which is a big difference from when they used to pop open with 180 odd all bought

so eventually it'll get to the point where that number drops even lower and that might result in a re-marketing approach to the whole gold worlds altogether

It would work' date=' if the majority of the SM population were a) on the forum and B) willing to listen. I've done it myself since I rejoined. I have happily paid for a Madrid and a Bayern! And people will continue to do so.

Unfortunately the majority of the SM population, aren't on the forum, and are content in paying for a decent side. SM say that they only create based on demand, and the demand is going to be there. It would be foolish for them not to exploit it!

At the end of that day, they have the money from the likes of me and you anyway... if they have it already why would they listen to us two![/quote']

Haha ino mate ah well we will have to make do with what we have, you never no a dev may actully listen one day :eek:

Haha ino mate ah well we will have to make do with what we have' date=' you never no a dev may actully listen one day :eek:[/quote']

Haha! There is more chance of me pulling Jodie Marsh (This is a two - fold impossibility)!

I doubt that the Devs actually look at the forum! Im sure they can employ somebody to do that for them! They might even get people to do it for free! (..Mods)

Also, just seen your sig... C.R.L...Those were the days!

Haha! There is more chance of me pulling Jodie Marsh (This is a two - fold impossibility)!

I doubt that the Devs actually look at the forum! Im sure they can employ somebody to do that for them! They might even get people to do it for free! (..Mods)

Also' date=' just seen your sig... C.R.L...Those were the days![/quote']

Hahahaha ill see u in a few years married to Jodie Marsh ;)

Yeah mate Chat Room Loyal now that would be a thing to see chat back to its former glory they really were Sm's golden days!

So now i wont recieve any more credits because i have over 1000 :confused:

What can i spend in the shop for 2000 credits ?

This 1000 free SM Credit cap was a predictable after raising the prices. It's a push for people to buy credit as now the free credit is useless.

I only earn 1 or 2 sm credits for logging in per day. I doubt I'll reach the 1k cap to be honest!

I wonder if you can gift your tokens to a friend and perhaps them gift them back to when you can buy something?

You can only gift credit's you've paid for....not free credit's.

There is a steady push from SM to try and get more money from everyone. The indication is the game is in trouble. They push for more money which alienates there customers who give them less money. They raise prices again which alienates more customers who give less money, and the cycle goes on until the game folds.

There is a steady push from SM to try and get more money from everyone. The indication is the game is in trouble. They push for more money which alienates there customers who give them less money. They raise prices again which alienates more customers who give less money' date=' [b']and the cycle goes on until the game folds[/b].

Don't make it so tragic lol

There is a steady push from SM to try and get more money from everyone. The indication is the game is in trouble. They push for more money which alienates there customers who give them less money. They raise prices again which alienates more customers who give less money' date=' and the cycle goes on until the game folds.[/quote']

simply untrue in business.

companies in financial difficulty lower prices to move stock.

companies performing well continue to raise prices until they notice a significant drop in demand.