Sign in to follow this  
Guest SM Dev (Ste)

SM Credits

Re: SM Credits

I'd assume it's ok as long as you paid for them on the secondary account.

You can't send coins you earn through achievements and logging in daily.

Well that's what I'd think, but how can you differentiate between the two? I looked in the Ts & Cs and couldn't find anything. I think SM needs to be more clear about it. :)

Is it okay to send credits from one of your accounts onto your other [main] account?

I'd appreciate clarification from a Dev if possible. :o:)

Bumpppppppppppppp

Looking for a dev to respond. Need a concrete answer one way or the other...

I don't see a problem with it' date=' if you can gift them to someone else why shouldn't you be allowed to gift them to yourself.[/quote']

Neither. But I don't want shafted for it in 2 days time. :P

You could end up making 10 accounts and getting 20 credits a day easily though.

Neither. But I don't want shafted for it in 2 days time. :P

You could end up making 10 accounts and getting 20 credits a day easily though.

You can only transfer bought credits though, those free credits you get for logging in, unlocking achievements etc. can't be given to another account anyway.

You can only transfer bought credits though' date=' those free credits you get for logging in, unlocking achievements etc. can't be given to another account anyway.[/quote']

Oh dear. Just saw that blue blob...what a silly omission by myself.

Derp derp derp derp derp derp :o:o

I have a question , maybe isn't the right thread where to post this but...

I want to buy extra clubs and i have read about it but i want to be sure : if i buy this extra clubs i will have the extra clubs for all my manager carrer or just for a time ... you know, 1 month , 2 months ?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

SM have basically moved the goalposts by changing the credits system. If they cranked up Player Concerns, it was because we could keep them content by playing more games, which is only possible by buying credits. Good idea, but I find it a bit sly. And changing the Credits system again is just moving the goalposts.

"you have been awarded 1 sm credit for acheivements"

means....

"Now you only need another 789 to be able to use them......."says it all really. SM seems to be going from bad to worse in a number of ways recently. :(

ye im extremely unhappy about the new system, and you only get 2 or 3 credits a day still, i had 240 credits now i have 1040 credits not even half way towards extra club slots, before i was 10 credits away for extra slots OMW :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I can not seem to get this 'Credits' system to work.

I go to buy more credits.

If offers a screen with various money bags and a few payment options.

I select Paypal and credits I want, press enter.

It then sends me to some default screen of different gift options with annotation at top ' Demo Screen' and you can do nothing here.

I have tried this now about a dozen times and still the same each time.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Also, on subject of finances, credits and SM changing goalposts. I do not care whether they take straight cash or give me credits. They are a business - all businesses try to increase margins. Big deal.

What I would like to see is the 'game finances' tightened. All this talk about P/E transfers, duel accounts, players becoming unhappy quicker. Gold Manager Games would be far better run if money actually meant something in the game. They should for example have stadium maintenance and expansion costs, signing fees when buying, signing fees and agents fees when renewing contracts (particularly important !) - anything that would take significant money OUT of the game. I am finding Gold gameworlds utterly pointless. Mates deal with mates, money means nothing so bigger teams just hoard 100's of players and people will only sell if you give them 3 guaranteed stars of the future + 40 million for an 8 million player. TAKE MONEY OUT to stop teams hoarding. If they want new players they will be forced to sell and thus ensure good turnover of players and not have Gameworlds stagnating.

:(:(:(

Also' date=' on subject of finances, credits and SM changing goalposts. I do not care whether they take straight cash or give me credits. They are a business - all businesses try to increase margins. Big deal. [/quote']

Oh really? I had no idea mate. Thanks so much for clearing it up. :rolleyes:

In the initial credits system, they had certain thresholds that rewarded you with certain advantages when you reached them -- or arrived there by buying credit from the website. Which is fair enough.

Then they suddenly realise that some users have neared certain thresholds and will soon be eligible to the advantages SM themselves advertised. So they change the whole system.

That, in my book, is moving the goalposts. If you don't have a problem with it, you don't, so merry christmas. I, however, do.

And 99.9 % of companies who offer SALES are putting out redundant stock which they would normally not be able to sell; shoving onto the shelves stock which they have bought at massively discounted prices in order to make it look to their customers like they are getting a bargain; or offering something at a seemingly reduced price which was actually hiked up by 40% 6 weeks before !

But we all love a SALE. It makes us feel great.

So if SM offer you a little Titbit to perk you up and keep you interested, and then withdraw some of it because they realise that the will not make any money by offering you everything for free, then you are still better off than you were before they got their Charity hat on.

Keep smiling, and happy Christmas. See you in the January SALES.

WHY can't I buy credits SM - I am offering you money here. I don't want freebies.

twan- i think you are not seeing that it is the manner of which it has been done that causes resentment.

they offer something which rewards us for doing something they want us to do.

logging in every day means it looks better to companies advertising on sm.

once we do what they want and get near to claiming the reward , they change the goalposts without bothering to put a message on the forum.

this selfish and greedy attitude upsets a lot of people.

as for customer relations, they might just be clueless, incompetent people or the might not give f*&% about their customers.

whatever their reason, it hasnt been done in the best way possible.

i have been credited just 1 SM credit for logging everyday what a joke. compared to the previous SM prices one 1 SM credit wasn't a problem but now it is.

you will see this game is going to turn worser and worser.

And 99.9 % of companies who offer SALES are putting out redundant stock which they would normally not be able to sell; shoving onto the shelves stock which they have bought at massively discounted prices in order to make it look to their customers like they are getting a bargain; or offering something at a seemingly reduced price which was actually hiked up by 40% 6 weeks before !

But we all love a SALE. It makes us feel great.

So if SM offer you a little Titbit to perk you up and keep you interested' date=' and then withdraw some of it because they realise that the will not make any money by offering you everything for free, then you are still better off than you were before they got their Charity hat on.

Keep smiling, and happy Christmas. See you in the January SALES.

WHY can't I buy credits SM - I am offering you money here. I don't want freebies.[/quote']

You don't get my point at all. As Smut pointed out, the whole affair has been handled clumsily. I don't think they thought through this at all. They've lost a lot of credibility now.

ItalianTsar and Smut.

Thankyou for replies :)

I do understand your points and indeed appreciate them. I think most commercial enterprises have a tendency to operate in what we see as underhand ways, so perhaps the best thing would have been for SM not to have introduced this silly system in the first place.

You could previously get access to 5 gameworlds for £2.99 which to me is absolutely fine. I do not need freebies adding or any extra incentive. I get hours of enjoyment from playing these games (maybe not so much from the Gold Games) - when I could quite as easily go to the pub and drink a £3 bottle of beer in 10 minutes.

These reward schemes seem all the rage nowadays - and whereas Tesco's and the like have oogles of people to analyse and administer, I assume SM has a couple of geeks in a spare room or a garage. I think they just got this wrong - rewards schemes have to have a positive effect or neutral at least on profits - not be a detriment or a last gasp effort to please your punters like some stupid 'Happy Hour'.

And neither did SM, I would guess, forsee the scouse-like ingenuity of addicted soccer fans to yet again circumnavigate a perfectly well meaning system. Every day i am getting dozens of messages from people trying to buy credits in exchange for transfers. The recipient of the credits simply offloads players and then jettisons the teams and wanders to another one to do the same. These are the self same people who SM was previously making £2.99 out of, and who are now the ones moaning the loudest in the forums about underhand tactics because they've seen some freebies and now seen them disappear.

SM has to make money or it does not exist, and the more development we want and demand, the more money they must make. DO AWAY WITH THIS LUDICROUS CREDITS SYSTEM - and if you must find a way to reward the people who spend most - simply give them a free gameworld for every 10 or 15 they have.

ps i STILL HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT HOW TO BUY SOME NEW GAMEWORLD.

ItalianTsar and Smut.

Thankyou for replies :)

I do understand your points and indeed appreciate them. I think most commercial enterprises have a tendency to operate in what we see as underhand ways' date=' so perhaps the best thing would have been for SM not to have introduced this silly system in the first place.

You could previously get access to 5 gameworlds for £2.99 which to me is absolutely fine. I do not need freebies adding or any extra incentive. I get hours of enjoyment from playing these games (maybe not so much from the Gold Games) - when I could quite as easily go to the pub and drink a £3 bottle of beer in 10 minutes.

These reward schemes seem all the rage nowadays - and whereas Tesco's and the like have oogles of people to analyse and administer, I assume SM has a couple of geeks in a spare room or a garage. I think they just got this wrong - rewards schemes have to have a positive effect or neutral at least on profits - not be a detriment or a last gasp effort to please your punters like some stupid 'Happy Hour'.

And neither did SM, I would guess, forsee the scouse-like ingenuity of addicted soccer fans to yet again circumnavigate a perfectly well meaning system. Every day i am getting dozens of messages from people trying to buy credits in exchange for transfers. The recipient of the credits simply offloads players and then jettisons the teams and wanders to another one to do the same. These are the self same people who SM was previously making £2.99 out of, and who are now the ones moaning the loudest in the forums about underhand tactics because they've seen some freebies and now seen them disappear.

SM has to make money or it does not exist, and the more development we want and demand, the more money they must make. DO AWAY WITH THIS LUDICROUS CREDITS SYSTEM - and if you must find a way to reward the people who spend most - simply give them a free gameworld for every 10 or 15 they have.

ps i STILL HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT HOW TO BUY SOME NEW GAMEWORLD.[/quote']

CHeers, dude. Im all for dropping the credits system too. Im tired of clicking on the red blob in my top left corner whenever I log in. Can't ignore it either, since it's so f ucking red.

That was an interesting thing you pointed out about abusing the credits system. I'd never figured that out. Now that you've said it.....