• AC Milan
    • Bayern Munchen
    • Chelsea
    • Inter Milan
    • Barcelona
    • Manchester United
    • Sevilla

Re: Best club in Europe?

People can't take losing' date=' Milan outclassed Man utd in both legs and for fans to see their team who do so well in England get outclassed makes them instantly feel they were unlucky or make up an excuse. What does match fixing have do to with this, does it make Milan's players better. I have to say, Manchester United are a great team especially in the future. The two best teams played in the semis not the final but the team who win it in the end deserved it. Milan's record in the champions league isn't bad either, always in the quarter. Inter are not the best, I'm not saying this because they're Milan's rivals but tbh they're not a team. Every player would leave, not many are commited and only care for themselves. The team changes a lot and they won the Serie A, when there was no other teams trying, for obvious reasons.[/quote']

All I say is it's only a game, a form of entertainment which is blown out of proportion. If you lose, you lose, there's always next year, don't be a pessimist. If you win, well done to you!

That's my view.:)

I think at the moment, the best club in Europe is obviously AC Milan as they won the Champions League.

In overall history, it has to be Real Madrid. The Galacticos won 5 Champion's Leagues in the first 5 years that The CL was set up. They now have 9 Champions Leagues to their record and in the near future, they will have more.

They are the biggest club in Europe and the richest too. They have the most fans across the world (Asia etc) and most players want to sign for them, maybe even all of them. Therefore, my vote goes to Real.

People can't take losing' date=' Milan outclassed Man utd in both legs and for fans to see their team who do so well in England get outclassed makes them instantly feel they were unlucky or make up an excuse.[/quote']

I never made "excuses" or said we were unlucky....I only said that Milan were better but we bet them in the first leg.

What does match fixing have do to with this' date=' does it make Milan's players better.[/quote']

If I'm not mistaken the title of this thread is "best club in Europe" nothing to do with individual players. I was rating Milan in regards of a club, I don't respect a club that has been found guilty of cheating like Milan have, especially as they were let off lightly IMO

I have to say' date=' Manchester United are a great team especially in the future. The two best teams played in the semis not the final but the team who win it in the end deserved it. Milan's record in the champions league isn't bad either, always in the quarter. Inter are not the best, I'm not saying this because they're Milan's rivals but tbh they're not a team. Every player would leave, not many are commited and only care for themselves. The team changes a lot and they won the Serie A, when there was no other teams trying, for obvious reasons.[/quote']

Regardless of how they won it, Inter Milan still won it, this IMO means that they are the best team in Italy at the moment IMO. Why weren't teams trying? Because most of the big teams were found guilty of match fixing that's why...

I just came and read this thread and the Milan V Man Utd argument.

I voted Man Utd however this is what i think overall.

Teams that are best at-

Passing:Arsenal/Barca

Moving:Arsenal

Goals:Man Utd

Play:Man Utd

Experience:Milan

Talent:Milan

Manager:Man Utd

Overall:Man Utd

However I read people saying stuff about luck. Well as some person said:

"You need luck in football"

And everyone in the CL got some luck.

Milan:No injuries

Man Utd:Goals

Liverpool:Goal against Liverpool

Chelsea:Essien last minute goal

Hope this helped your argument Mr. Ademski

I never made "excuses" or said we were unlucky....I only said that Milan were better but we bet them in the first leg.

If I'm not mistaken the title of this thread is "best club in Europe" nothing to do with individual players. I was rating Milan in regards of a club' date=' I don't respect a club that has been found guilty of cheating like Milan have, especially as they were let off lightly IMO

Regardless of how they won it, Inter Milan still won it, this IMO means that they are the best team in Italy at the moment IMO. Why weren't teams trying? Because most of the big teams were found guilty of match fixing that's why...[/quote']

Bryan the Milan situation about the cheating issue was resolved and we had points taken off from being doacked as we were proved to be innocent of the charges on most cases but we were in the end docked points for one of the director's of Milan being involved with a referee. The director or what ever that is no longer that assosiated with Milan.

So no anit Milan because of cheating please mate :P lol. As although yeh we were docked for having someone involved I dont personally feel we cheated because of the person that was.... lol

Back onto the subject again I feel overall Man Utd are the best in the world atm. But the champions league is there for a reason and that showed to be Milan, experiance of course gave a push for us to win it but there are no reasons why that should not be allowed of have our status taken away from us.

Im sure if you thought about it though that experiance will soon retire lol and then unless Milan replace now etc we wont be there again for a while.

Bryan the Milan situation about the cheating issue was resolved and we had points taken off from being doacked as we were proved to be innocent of the charges on most cases but we were in the end docked points for one of the director's of Milan being involved with a referee. The director or what ever that is no longer that assosiated with Milan.

Milan were docked points = broke the rules....

Part in bold is the most important part' date=' innocent on [b']most [/b]cases not all of them. If Milan had done nothing wrong then they wouldn't have been docked points, simple as that :)

So no anit Milan because of cheating please mate :P lol. As although yeh we were docked for having someone involved I dont personally feel we cheated because of the person that was.... lol

So if people "fix" as many games as they want but as long as he/she leaves the club then the club shouldn't be punished? That's the impression I'm getting from your statements :confused:

The best club in europre surely is the winner of the CL. whats the point of having it if it isnt.

Milan are the best in europe and Italy are the best in the world. No matter about all the other things those 2 still won the trophys.

As good as Man Utd was last season they still never made the final of the CL, but they cant be classed as one of the best in europe because facts prove they never atcually do anything in europe.

Even when Man Utd was in there prime with Keane, Beckham, Giggs etc they only made the final once and was VERY lucky to win it, but they did win it.

last 3 seasons Liverpool and Milan have made the final twice that counts for alot for me. Man Utd are far better than Liverpool "In England" but im Europe Liverpool have out done Man Utd and Chelscum.

If Liverpool met Man Utd in europe i doubt anybody would say Man Utd definatly going to win this. We are a totaly different team in the CL, just ask Chavski.

Man Utd are the best in England, Real are the best in spain, Milan are the best in europe.

thats my view anyways

No, and first of Bryan I agree that all clubs involved with anything to do with cheating should be punished and Milan were. But IMO for the final statement that we were given by the Italian FA etc an -8 point deduction was a little harsh.

Continueing on the matter we were allowed to re enter the Champions League which I would say was a way of telling Milan that 8 points was harsh so here have a Champions League place lol.

I know where your coming from and agree but Milan IMO (And I know Im a fan so its hard for me to explain without people thinking 'he's just defending his club') were pretty harshly done by.

So im not argueing with you Bryan, I agree with your feelings on the matter, just because of my feelings on the matter I dont like people saying that Milan dont deserve much because of being involved in cheating.

But hey, thats the past we suffered and came 4th this season and lost reputation. Its over and the past :P

The best club in europre surely is the winner of the CL. whats the point of having it if it isnt.

Milan are the best in europe and Italy are the best in the world. No matter about all the other things those 2 still won the trophys.

As good as Man Utd was last season they still never made the final of the CL' date=' but they cant be classed as one of the best in europe because facts prove they never atcually do anything in europe.

Even when Man Utd was in there prime with Keane, Beckham, Giggs etc they only made the final once and was VERY lucky to win it, but they did win it.

last 3 seasons Liverpool and Milan have made the final twice that counts for alot for me. Man Utd are far better than Liverpool "In England" but im Europe Liverpool have out done Man Utd and Chelscum.

If Liverpool met Man Utd in europe i doubt anybody would say Man Utd definatly going to win this. We are a totaly different team in the CL, just ask Chavski.

Man Utd are the best in England, Real are the best in spain, Milan are the best in europe.

thats my view anyways[/quote']

Exactly my view on the situation. The champions league is there for a reason and that is why Milan are the best in Europe, but performance and how successful a club was last season Man Utd were the best but that isnt really the question this thread ask's.

:Lol,i love the feisty arguments - it's grea:D

i would love to say united but i can't

as mentioned before winner of the CL is the best in Europe, that's milan.

liverpool are second. It's true, liverpool are fantastic in europe (only if they were like that in england:p)

Just goes to show, Milan don't need to cheat to win something:p :D

People can't take losing' date=' Milan outclassed Man utd in both legs and for fans to see their team who do so well in England get outclassed makes them instantly feel they were unlucky or make up an excuse. What does match fixing have do to with this, does it make Milan's players better. I have to say, Manchester United are a great team especially in the future. The two best teams played in the semis not the final but the team who win it in the end deserved it. Milan's record in the champions league isn't bad either, always in the quarter. Inter are not the best, I'm not saying this because they're Milan's rivals but tbh they're not a team. Every player would leave, not many are commited and only care for themselves. The team changes a lot and they won the Serie A, when there was no other teams trying, for obvious reasons.[/quote']

I think you mean kaka outclassed manutd on the first leg and inzaghi got lucky in the seond leg...lol..

Not sure if anyone has touched on the "UEFA club rankings", basically based on a similar theory to the FIFA rankings, hopefully this will settle the debate.

At the minute AC Milan are clearly ranked the highest, with Barca and Liverpool 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Their are a few surprises tho, like Fulham (no offence Bobo), are rated higher than Spartak Moscow and Galatasary. :eek:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/trank2007.html

Not sure if anyone has touched on the "UEFA club rankings"' date=' basically based on a similar theory to the FIFA rankings, hopefully this will settle the debate.

At the minute AC Milan are clearly ranked the highest, with Barca and Liverpool 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Their are a few surprises tho, like Fulham (no offence Bobo), are rated higher than Spartak Moscow and Galatasary. :eek:

[url']http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/trank2007.html[/url]

yeah, and we all no what a farce FIFA ranking are and by the sounds of it so are these, they take into consideration pointless factors.

Although Milan won the CL, as i said many a time early on in this thread, United are the best team in Europe this year

yeah' date=' and we all no what a farce FIFA ranking are and by the sounds of it so are these, they take into consideration pointless factors.

Although Milan won the CL, as i said many a time early on in this thread, United are the best team in Europe this year[/quote']

how can Man Utd be the best in europe? being the best in europe has nothing to do with the EPL and lets face it the agg score Vs Milan wasnt that close.

Milan have made the CL final twice in the last 3 years were was Man Utd? same goes for Chelsea season before they easily won the EPL but came short in the CL.

The CL is to find out who is the best in europe as the world cup proves who is the best in the world Milan & Italy

Fact is Alex Ferguson has always struggled to make a mark in the CL even when Man Utd were in there peak, he won it once yeah but look how many seasons Man Utd dominated the EPL for.

Everyone can have there own personal views on who they belive is the best but fact of the matter these 2 titles....

European Champions -> Milan

World Champions -> Italy

doesnt say next to this on any site ive seen that can be changed due to personal opinion ;)

Hey if i could be bothered to go copy and paste all my previous argument points on this thread i would but im lazy :P , so ill make it short and sweet.

IMO United have played the best football this year, its been the most exciting to watch, they have scored goals for fun, got a great defense, and as a team they all played brilliantly. They won the EPL, progressed to the final of the domestic cup, progressed well in the CL and went out to the eventual winners ( who im not saying are a bad team, imo they are second best )

But United did have a terribly weak defense when the played Milan and if you can argue the fact that there injury problems didnt play a fact in the outcome of the game ill be shocked, as you and i know it did. I would of loved to see them take on each either with full teams.

Also playing a team over two legs and winning them doesnt necessarily make the winner of those games the better does it.

IMO Milan cant be classed as the best team in Europe purely because they didnt succeed or do well in there own respective domestic league. Even without the awful point reduction (which should of been more ) they were no where near Inter MIlan and for me, that tarnishes they impeccable European record. There is no doubt in my mind that Milan are a fantastic team and i think second to united. Maybe if i watched more Seria A games and less EPL i would be saying something different but United football last season was great, and that including how they progressed in all competitions and won the epl makes them the best team in Europe in my eyes

Hey if i could be bothered to go copy and paste all my previous argument points on this thread i would but im lazy :P ' date=' so ill make it short and sweet.

IMO United have played the best football this year, its been the most exciting to watch, they have scored goals for fun, got a great defense, and as a team they all played brilliantly. They won the EPL, progressed to the final of the domestic cup, progressed well in the CL and went out to the eventual winners ( who im not saying are a bad team, imo they are second best )

But United did have a terribly weak defense when the played Milan and if you can argue the fact that there injury problems didnt play a fact in the outcome of the game ill be shocked, as you and i know it did. I would of loved to see them take on each either with full teams.

Also playing a team over two legs and winning them doesnt necessarily make the winner of those games the better does it.

IMO Milan cant be classed as the best team in Europe purely because they didnt succeed or do well in there own respective domestic league. Even without the awful point reduction (which should of been more ) they were no where near Inter MIlan and for me, that tarnishes they impeccable European record. There is no doubt in my mind that Milan are a fantastic team and i think second to united. Maybe if i watched more Seria A games and less EPL i would be saying something different but United football last season was great, and that including how they progressed in all competitions and won the epl makes them the best team in Europe [b']in my eyes[/b]

So then you can say Man Utd played the best football in europe but there still not the best side in europe.

Many, Many people still belive Milan after getting a 3-2 defeat at OT was still going to beat them at the san siro even with a full side. Nobody can say they would regardless of how well Man Utd were playing because history shows you Italian and Spanish sides are always very good at home and usually get the result they require.

as for the 2 legs thing maybe the best team doesnt always win but thats still what its there for and still what everyone goes by, even if Liverpool met Man Utd in the CL i would have fancied my chances.

If youre gonna say Man Utd would have still won ask Chelsea players how comes they can keep beating us in the EPL but not in the CL im sure they would love an answer aswell.

Milan aint the best side in Italy Inter Milan are like Man Utd are the best in England, but Milan are still the best in europe surely thats got to be the point in the CL otherwise why bother having it just fun to watch?

Man Utd did have a few injuries but the year we won the CL we was without the likes of Gerrard in the Q final when we went to juventus after only winning the 1st leg 2-1.

we played brilliantly and got the result we needed, Man Utd were awful in Milan all there big players were poor inc Ronaldo. Sorry but you can play a bad game like that in the CL Semi Final and still be classed as the best in europe. May have been a so called 1 off but seems to happen alot for Man Utd in the CL

also... I bet most Italian fans say Milan played the better football.

Thats the football they like and are brung up with, were as us its Man Utd's style.. not going to say Arsenals because I dont think ive seen a team play aswel as them in all my time watching the EPL. (at there best of course).

Its strange how we debate on forums dont u think... as we could end it right now and say Adam thinks Man Utd, Neller thinks Milan.

yet we carry on debating :)

So then you can say Man Utd played the best football in europe but there still not the best side in europe.

Many' date=' Many people still belive Milan after getting a 3-2 defeat at OT was still going to beat them at the san siro even with a full side. Nobody can say they would regardless of how well Man Utd were playing because history shows you Italian and Spanish sides are always very good at home and usually get the result they require.

as for the 2 legs thing maybe the best team doesnt always win but thats still what its there for and still what everyone goes by, even if Liverpool met Man Utd in the CL i would have fancied my chances.

If youre gonna say Man Utd would have still won ask Chelsea players how comes they can keep beating us in the EPL but not in the CL im sure they would love an answer aswell.

Milan aint the best side in Italy Inter Milan are like Man Utd are the best in England, but Milan are still the best in europe surely thats got to be the point in the CL otherwise why bother having it just fun to watch?

Man Utd did have a few injuries but the year we won the CL we was without the likes of Gerrard in the Q final when we went to juventus after only winning the 1st leg 2-1.

we played brilliantly and got the result we needed, Man Utd were awful in Milan all there big players were poor inc Ronaldo. Sorry but you can play a bad game like that in the CL Semi Final and still be classed as the best in europe. May have been a so called 1 off but seems to happen alot for Man Utd in the CL[/quote']

I actually agree 100% with this argument but in my defense the title said best club in Europe not best football. So in that respect im willing to agree with you, i also take into consideration that Inter are the best team in italy etc etc.

But surely to be classed the best you must progress well in all competitions, did milan do that ?

ps some cracking points there :(:P

I actually agree 100% with this argument but in my defense the title said best club in Europe not best football. So in that respect im willing to agree with you' date=' i also take into consideration that Inter are the best team in italy etc etc.

But surely to be classed the best you must progress well in all competitions, did milan do that ?

ps some cracking points there :(:P[/quote']

yeah I agree thing is thought its not this season why they are in the CL.

for example if Man Utd won it this year they didnt actually make it into the CL as champions if you get what I mean.

when it was just the winners of the league made the CL whoever won it was definatly the best because they had won there own league the year before, they might not win it the following year when they won the CL but then the following year they wouldnt even be in the CL.

thats why before it was definatly best = CL winners. I still go by the CL because it is the hardest thing to win. Take Arsenal in the EPL they beat Man Utd home and away yet they lose to the smaller clubs, Arsenal are better than those smaller clubs but they still lose and thats what cost them the title.

I agree with you though that the best team "overall" were Man Utd they did very well and did it playing some excellent football

I personally believe that the best team in Europe has to be the most consistent team.

Neller, i agree, the CL is the hardest trophy to win, managers can domestically be very successful, ie Jose Mouruinho, Ferguson, but struggle in Europe. So does that make the Liverpool's the better side ?

Milan and Liverpool have been in two of the last three finals, PSV Eindhoven, Porto all do well in the competition, probably better than what they should. So in this compettion, these are the better teams.

Adam, you talk about consistency in all competitions, yes Man. Utd have been very consistent, no doubting that, and yes they play great football, but Chelsea was in both finals this year, and they beat Man. Utd in the FA Cup final, came second in the league (after winning the last few), and got to the same stage in the CL, only to go out on pens at Anfield, which could have gone either way. So surely Chelsea are better ? Or what about Sevilla, won the UEFA Cup twice on the run, the Copa Del Rey and finished third in La Liga.

Aren't these teams more consistent ?

I think potentially Man. Utd play the most exciting football (which might be what your trying to get at), but it doesn't neccessarily mean they are the best team. :)