Robin Van Persie vs Fernando Torres  

1. 1.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Robin Van Persie vs Fernando Torres Morientes didnt adapt to the style in England' date=' look at shevva, you dont always get it right. Aurelio...nice words of facts there - "not good". Hmm...

Re: Robin Van Persie vs Fernando Torres

Re: Robin Van Persie vs Fernando Torres Everybody's going to be biased towards their own players, that's just natural as a fan, but you can't compare two players from two different countries, who hav

ok lots of people i kno are saying that Torres is goin to be better then VP this year and in gerneral. I don't agree with this and want to kno what you think :confused:

Well if Torres plays to his best, he will without doubt be one of the best striker in the Premiership, and better than Van Persie.

However, I feel that he might turn out to be a Shevchenko or a Morientes, at least for the 1st few months or even season.

I think we're going to have to wait and see how Torres does before we can make a decision. :)

He will be a good striker but i dont think as good as VP purley because he has to adapt to the Premiership for la liga and that is very difficult. Look at all the players who played in la liga and game to the premiership. they reali havent done very well. I.e baptista, garcia etc. Plus VP i younger 22 and his goal rate is better. You dont see torres scoring goals like Van Persie did against Middlesborough which was put in for goal of the season ? imo Van Persie all the way :)

Torres any day he outclasses Van Persie in avery aspect of the game :DB)

What kind of quote is that, you obviousley dont kno football. One VP is younger, 2 he has a better goal rate, 3 he is faster and more accurate. I think this shows him to be a better player. Torres overated atm and liverpool payed far to much. If torres was 20 mill, Henry should be 50

What kind of quote is that' date=' you obviousley dont kno football. One VP is younger, 2 he has a better goal rate, 3 he is faster and more accurate. I think this shows him to be a better player. Torres overated atm and liverpool payed far to much. If torres was 20 mill, Henry should be 50[/quote']

Been a Chelsea fan I am a neutral in all this,but that quote is pathetic,for a start there so different it's untrue! You can't really compare them,but if you asked me which one would I prefer at Chelsea,I would say Van Persie.But to say that Torres outclasses him in every aspect,it's been silly.. I would agree more with this quote here..

. One VP is younger

According to the SM data Torres is the one who is younger.

IMO, they are different type of players. RvP is ideal for 4-3-3 system. And Torres as a CF can be used in every system. I think that the club should have both types of players and that direct comparison of these two is very ungrateful.

if you asked me which one would I prefer at Chelsea' date='I would say Van Persie.[/quote']

I would also take RvP for Chelsea because you have very good CF in Drogba. Good in air, can fight with defenders, and a good finisher. VP would add variety in the attack.

I'm also failing to understand why these two are being compared ?

RVP is an established premiership player, everybody knows he has the quality. Torres also has quality, but as many of you have not seen him week-in-week-out your not sure whether he can suceed in the EPL.

Can't see how you can compare a premiership established player to one who isn't, only Torres knows how he will perform next season, nobody else. Wouldn't it have been wiser to compare say Nani & Babel, two players without premiership experience,or even Nani and Anderson, two without experience and coming from the same league ?

Just my opinion.

I'm also failing to understand why these two are being compared ?

RVP is an established premiership player' date=' everybody knows he has the quality. Torres also has quality, but as many of you have not seen him week-in-week-out your not sure whether he can suceed in the EPL.

Can't see how you can compare a premiership established player to one who isn't, only Torres knows how he will perform next season, nobody else. Wouldn't it have been wiser to compare say Nani & Babel, two players without premiership experience,or even Nani and Anderson, two without experience and coming from the same league ?

Just my opinion.[/quote']

Agreed, RVP is more of a wide man, Torres a CF, who hasnt played 1 game in Eng yet, and is being compared to one who has for about 3 seasons, and to see whos better???

What kind of quote is that' date=' you obviousley dont kno football. One VP is younger, 2 he has a better goal rate, 3 he is faster and more accurate. I think this shows him to be a better player. Torres overated atm and liverpool payed far to much. If torres was 20 mill, Henry should be 50[/quote']

1. Being younger makes you the better footballer?! If so its Torres, as he is younger :)

2. Has a better goal rate? RVP has 21 goals in 72 games in the Prem over 3 seasons, whilst Torres has 76 in 172 in La Liga over the last 5 seasons, being his clubs top scorer every season. And although intl level, RVP has 7 in 19, Torres 14 in 40, if i wanted an out and out CF, i know id have Torres anyday, wide man - RVP.

3. Faster makes you a better F? Again i disagree, look at the likes of Shearer and Teddy over the years, not much pace but deadly infront of goal. More accurate, surely he would have scored more then...?

4. Torres was 20mil, as he is younger. Henry was a bargain, but in this day in football, you would not get 50mil for a man at 29, football prices has changed in the last 3-4 years dramatically.

Agreed' date=' RVP is more of a wide man, Torres a CF, who hasnt played 1 game in Eng yet, and is being compared to one who has for about 3 seasons, and to see whos better???

1. Being younger makes you the better footballer?! If so its Torres, as he is younger :)

2. Has a better goal rate? RVP has 21 goals in 72 games in the Prem over 3 seasons, whilst Torres has 76 in 172 in La Liga over the last 5 seasons, being his clubs top scorer every season. And although intl level, RVP has 7 in 19, Torres 14 in 40, if i wanted an out and out CF, i know id have Torres anyday, wide man - RVP.

3. Faster makes you a better F? Again i disagree, look at the likes of Shearer and Teddy over the years, not much pace but deadly infront of goal. More accurate, surely he would have scored more then...?

4. Torres was 20mil, as he is younger. Henry was a bargain, but in this day in football, you would not get 50mil for a man at 29, football prices has changed in the last 3-4 years dramatically.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more nav, think that nobody would splash out £50m on a 29yr old, and that pace isn't everything, as you stated with Sheringham and Shearer.

PRO_EVO : Nobody is saying that RVP is a bad player, in fact quite the opposite, but if Arsenal had signed Torres, would you have created this thread ?

Couldn't agree more nav' date=' think that nobody would splash out £50m on a 29yr old, and that pace isn't everything, as you stated with Sheringham and Shearer.

PRO_EVO : Nobody is saying that RVP is a bad player, in fact quite the opposite, but if Arsenal had signed Torres, would you have created this thread ?[/quote']

Agreed. Thats also what i want to know, if Arsenal had signed Babel and Torres, and Liver got Eduardo, i wonder what some peoples opinions would be then :)

Agreed. Thats also what i want to know' date=' if Arsenal had signed Babel and Torres, and Liver got Eduardo, i wonder what some peoples opinions would be then :)[/quote']

It is better to sign two quality players than one. That is for sure.

But my opinion about Eduardo would be slightly different if he signed for Liverpool. I wouldn't be so sure of his success then.

I think that Arsenal's football is much better for him and he could adapt faster to that style.

If you asked me before all this for which club should he play in England I would say Arsenal, and maybe ManU.

But he is a quality and would probably be the same with Liver and Chelsea.

Can tell your Arsenal Fan by the way your replying to all thats going for Torres,you started the thread asking for opinions and what others think so dont go insinuating to others they dont know football because they dont agree,

Football is a matter of opinions and we all differ and are entitled to as well.

On the subject of the two players mentioned and the question you asked ,both players are totally diff to positions they play ,Prem experience etc,The two clubs Arsenal and Liverpool play diff types of footie to each other so if your going to tell some one they dont know football because you dont like answer then i will say look in mirror because whoever started this thread :D by asking to compare these two players as if they are the same type dosnt know football,and the answer is in YOUR mirror.:)

even if torres is slightly better than RVP' date=' this shows that wenger is a far better manager than benitez, persie was bought for 2.5m, but torres at least 20m, and van persie has improved so much in the past 2 / 3 years[/quote']

Good buy yes, but again doesnt prove hes the better manager at all.

Yes he fins great talents, but results determine the managerial success right? Rafa has already made it to 2 CL finals in 3 years i think, plus the FA Cup. Liver have the cash now, why not spend it?

Also no one seems to mention Livers homegrown talents over the years, despite Arsenals youth policy, the likes of Stevie G and Carra cost nothing ;)

Good buy yes' date=' but again doesnt prove hes the better manager at all.

Yes he fins great talents, but results determine the managerial success right? Rafa has already made it to 2 CL finals in 3 years i think, plus the FA Cup. Liver have the cash now, why not spend it?

Also no one seems to mention Livers homegrown talents over the years, despite Arsenals youth policy, the likes of Stevie G and Carra cost nothing ;)[/quote']

well, bendtner, van persie, eboue, fabregas and clichy would have cost arsenal less than 8m,

as for the manager thing, look how wenger has transformed arsenal over 10 years, and brought many new ideas into the game, and payed out extremely little in the ways of transfer fees,

benitez on the other hand, relies on being given lots of money, it would be good to see how he would go about his job with arsenals budget ;)

well' date=' bendtner, van persie, eboue, fabregas and clichy would have cost arsenal less than 8m,

as for the manager thing, look how wenger has transformed arsenal over 10 years, and brought many new ideas into the game, and payed out extremely little in the ways of transfer fees,

benitez on the other hand, relies on being given lots of money, it would be good to see how he would go about his job with arsenals budget ;)[/quote']

So Arsenal havent spent big over the years right...?

Yea they buy heaps of talent, but looks at some of their buys in the last few seasons, not the mention the huge stadium which set them back,

Bergkamp - 7.5mil

Wiltord - 11mil

Jeffers - 8mil?! another flop.

Rosicky - 8mil

Sagna - 7.5mil

Walcott - 5mil, rising to 12 based on apps etc

Pires - 6mil

Eduardo - 10mil

These are just a few, so despite them buying cheap players over the yars, when they want to they can seem to spend quite big and break the budget, buying someone for about 10mil.

Liverpool brought someone for 25mil, do they do this every season? no. People seem to forget they brought in a good 20mil on players this season alone.

So Arsenal havent spent big over the years right...?

Yea they buy heaps of talent' date=' but looks at some of their buys in the last few seasons, not the mention the huge stadium which set them back,

Bergkamp - 7.5mil

Wiltord - 11mil

Rosicky - 8mil

Sagna - 7.5mil

Walcott - 5mil, rising to 12 based on apps etc

Pires - 6mil

Eduardo - 10mil

These are just a few, so despite them buying cheap players over the yars, when they want to they can seem to spend quite big and break the budget, buying someone for about 10mil.

Liverpool brought someone for 25mil, do they do this every season? no. People seem to forget they brought in a good 20mil on players this season alone.[/quote']

when i mean spend big, they offset this buy making huge profits on players:

anelka bought for 500k, sold one year later for 19m

henry bought for 9m, world class player for 7 years, sold for 16m

viera bought for 3.5m, world class player for 5 years, sold for 15m

bergkamp, bought for 7.5m, great player who served arsenal for 10 years i think.

as for flops, even the greatest teams buy bad players -

saviola - 20m - sold on free transfer

cisse - 14m - never really played well

kleberson - 5m - panic buy who was poor

Bergkamp - 7.5mil

Wiltord - 11mil

Rosicky - 8mil

Sagna - 7.5mil

Walcott - 5mil' date=' rising to 12 based on apps etc

Pires - 6mil

Eduardo - 10mil

[/quote']

Bergkamp - 7.5 yep your right :)

Wiltord - 13 million actually,club record

Jeffers - 8 million total flop but when he was at Everton he scored 20 goals in 60 matches and was the fox in the box!!...didnt turn out :(

Rosicky - 12 million

Sagna - 6.5 million

Walcott - yes 5 raising to 12

Pires -6 million for a winger who scored 62 goals.

Eduardo - 7 million

Apart from Jeffers imo all them were very good deals and here are a few amazing ones -

Anelka - 500k 65 apps 23 goals. sold for 22.3 million.

Viera - 3.5 million...dont really need to explain the amazing CM.

Toure - 150k ... now one of the best CBs in the game.

Fabregas - Undisclosed but its meant to be around 200k and now R.Madrid want him for 25 million....

Eboue - 1.54 million and now is a starter in Arsenal's squad and Ivory Coast's.

...simply amazing if you ask me :D and this is his record -

* FA Premier League (3): 1998, 2002, 2004

* FA Cup (4): 1998, 2002, 2003, 2005

* FA Community Shield (3): 1998, 1999, 2002, 2004

* Manager of the Year (3): 1998, 2002, 2004

and he has a 57.50% of wins and has managed in 600 games.

Hey mate i think i know what i'm talking about.Torres was the captain of Madrid when he was only 22.

By the way torres scored 15 goals last season and van persie 13

Hey mate i think i know what i'm talking about.Torres was the captain of Madrid when he was only 22.

By the way torres scored 15 goals last season and van persie 13

well, van persie was injured alot last season,

torres played 36 matches and scored 14 league goals, so 0.38 goals a match

van persie played 21 matches and scored 11 league goals - so 0.5 goals a match.

van persie has a better strike rate :rolleyes:

and danny, rosicky cost 6.8m, not 12m ;)