Robin Van Persie vs Fernando Torres

Robin Van Persie vs Fernando Torres  

1. 1.

Re: Robin Van Persie vs Fernando Torres

Yeah they were good battles, as Zazoon says, the four players are quality, i think it was more of a battle between Arsenal and Liverpool fans, which was an epic battle :D

Zazoon would make a good lawyer, although fighting for Tim's case is gonna prove difficult. Then again OJ Simpson seemed to do alright, wonder if Zazoon was lawyer then aswell....:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Robin Van Persie vs Fernando Torres Morientes didnt adapt to the style in England' date=' look at shevva, you dont always get it right. Aurelio...nice words of facts there - "not good". Hmm...

Re: Robin Van Persie vs Fernando Torres Everybody's going to be biased towards their own players, that's just natural as a fan, but you can't compare two players from two different countries, who hav

Van Persie and Torres are different players. In fact, I reckon if they played on the same team that would work well together.

Torres strong powerful forward, Van Persie, slim, quick, uses tricks. I think they would compliment.

But, if I was to have a choice. I would choose Van Persie (for my sins) only because he is proven in the premiership more than Torres.

I think really, asking this question should be brought up at maybe xmas time or end of the season. Coz who knows how well Torres is gonna do!!

fernando torres will be like djibril cisse he cant even score 16 goals in la liga with crap defenders how will he do in the premiership? second van persie is world class he was i njured last season but he was our top scorer and he will only get better. van persie without a doubt is better than torres he got more skill.

fernando torres will be like djibril cisse he cant even score 16 goals in la liga with crap defenders how will he do in the premiership? second van persie is world class he was i njured last season but he was our top scorer and he will only get better. van persie without a doubt is better than torres he got more skill.

I doubt that Torres will be anything like Cisse. In fact, Benitez kind of silently admitted that he would have never have invested in Cisse, had he been given that money at that time.

Torres also cost nearly double what Cisse cost, and Benitez is a proven manager, brilliant record, so can he be doubted investing in Torres ? Well the debates open.....

Also, nobody here has ever doubted RVP's ability, he is the proven premiership player out of the two, but the fact that you quote him as "our player" indicates you are an Arsenal fan, making this point a tad bit biased IMO. :)

Torres is the better player, however Van Persie is really really good too, and if he gets a little more consistent he will rise very soon, and will probably be one of Arsenals key players this season, along with Hleb.

Torres is the better player' date=' however Van Persie is really really good too, and if he gets a little more consistent he will rise very soon, and will probably be one of Arsenals key players this season, along with Hleb.[/quote']

van persie has been great in pre season, and he will be the main man in attack this year, and i think he will grab the opportunity with both hands and really play well. but i aint too sure about hleb to be honest, hes a little light weight to play in the premiership and i dont think he is worth the £10m or so that arsenal payed for him. as for torres, dont get me wrong he is a great player but he wont come flying out of the blocks and score straight away, i think he will take a few games to settle down and then he will start showing his class

Torres is the better player' date=' however Van Persie is really really good too, and if he gets a little more consistent he will rise very soon, and will probably be one of Arsenals key players this season, along with Hleb.[/quote']

I'm sorry bobo but who can you actually say that?

Van Persie and Torres both play internationally and in the Premiership.

Right now only Van Persie has proven himself in the league out of the two and Van Persie has already scored 21 goals for the Dutch..he is the same age as Torres and has played 30+ more games for his country.

Torres's scoring record is good but 14 in 40 isn't outstanding...Plus Torres has played at one club in his whole career where as Van Persie has been at 3 including Arsenal.

To top all that although this doesnt mean much at all but this pre season Torres has -

1,Missed a Penalty.

Van Persie has -

1,Scored a wonder goal

2,Scored 2 in one game vs Genclerbirligi.

3,Lifted the Emirates cup after contributing quite a lot.

4,Done all that after being injured for months.

....People still might say Torres is better but so far in there careers Van Persie i think is quite easily better.

Right now only Van Persie has proven himself in the league out of the two and Van Persie has already scored 21 goals for the Dutch..he is the same age as Torres and has played 30+ more games for his country.

Torres's scoring record is good but 14 in 40 isn't outstanding...Plus Torres has played at one club in his whole career where as Van Persie has been at 3 including Arsenal.

To top all that although this doesnt mean much at all but this pre season Torres has -

1' date='Missed a Penalty.

Van Persie has -

1,Scored a wonder goal

....People still might say Torres is better but so far in there careers Van Persie i think is quite easily better.[/quote']

This is all pre-season tho, your comparing an established Arsenal player to a player who doesn't even know all of his team-mates. Plus the fact that Arsenal have played the emirates cup on home advantage, Liverpool have travelled half-way around the globe.

I'm not biased, but as been stated, why compare these two now ?

This is all pre-season tho' date=' your comparing an established Arsenal player to a player who doesn't even know all of his team-mates. Plus the fact that Arsenal have played the emirates cup on home advantage, Liverpool have travelled half-way around the globe.

I'm not biased, but as been stated, why compare these two now ?[/quote']

Well why say a player who doesnt know half of his team-mates is a better player than a player like Van Persie who is established?:confused:

On top of that Liverpool had to play Fulham,Porstmouth and South China...they didnt even manage to beat Portsmouth :confused:

Arsenal had to play Inter Milan and an inform PSG side..and they won both games.

(I aimed the first post at Bobo's comment anyway not you Spanglish :))

Also i dont want to compare them because its way too early to be comparing anyone tbh.

1' date='Missed a Penalty.

Van Persie has -

1,Scored a wonder goal

....People still might say Torres is better but so far in there careers Van Persie i think is quite easily better.[/quote']

RVP has 21 goals for Holland?!?! News to me, he has 7 in 19 caps for Holland snr team, god knows about the youths, don't start using those records, thats desperate! Lots have superb youth records, then flop at the big stage. Again, 30+ more games for his country? What ive seen, Torres has double the caps RVP has.

RVP is the only one to prove himself out of the 2 yes, Torres hasn't played yet. You telling me RVP would end top scorer of his club for 5 years in Spain? With only Eto'o + Villa scoring more in that time...?

Torres 1 club yes, RVP 3 clubs, but wasn't exactly what id call spectacular. Was a youth at Excelsior Rotterdam, before going to Feyenoord, a top 3-4 side in Holland, nothing big, where he was nothing more than a raw talent, similar to Babel at Ajax. His goal scoring record was 14 in 61, and now 21 in 72 for the Gunners, not great for what people say the guy to replace Henry...

Pre-Season...that really counts for much eh :rolleyes:

Didn't realise the Emirates cup was now a fully established trophy, people go on about them winning like its major! We won 0-12 in pre season, whoop de do!

RVP's goal was amazing yes, but again, pre season. Torres missed a pen, anyone can miss a pen, was s shoot out after all. Done all that after the injury, what about Torres eh? Was his debut for his new club, had to fit in and play in difficult, humid conditions, not the ideal atmosphere. More bias being shown IMO.

RVP has 21 goals for Holland?!?! News to me' date=' he has 7 in 19 caps for Holland snr team, god knows about the youths, don't start using those records, thats desperate! Lots have superb youth records, then flop at the big stage. Again, 30+ more games for his country? What ive seen, Torres has double the caps RVP has.

RVP is the only one to prove himself out of the 2 yes, Torres hasn't played yet. You telling me RVP would end top scorer of his club for 5 years in Spain? With only Eto'o + Villa scoring more in that time...?

Torres 1 club yes, RVP 3 clubs, but wasn't exactly what id call spectacular. Was a youth at Excelsior Rotterdam, before going to Feyenoord, a top 3-4 side in Holland, nothing big, where he was nothing more than a raw talent, similar to Babel at Ajax. His goal scoring record was 14 in 61, and now 21 in 72 for the Gunners, not great for what people say the guy to replace Henry...

Pre-Season...that really counts for much eh :rolleyes:

Didn't realise the Emirates cup was now a fully established trophy, people go on about them winning like its major! We won 0-12 in pre season, whoop de do!

RVP's goal was amazing yes, but again, pre season. Torres missed a pen, anyone can miss a pen, was s shoot out after all. Done all that after the injury, what about Torres eh? Was his debut for his new club, had to fit in and play in difficult, humid conditions, not the ideal atmosphere. More bias being shown IMO.[/quote']

Right ok we get it you don't like Arsenal jeez...i read the wrong stat for RVP it was a record for something else don't rip my head off God.

Yeah they won 12-0 but who against?

Inter Milan,PSG??

didnt think so nav.

Right ok we get it you don't like Arsenal jeez...i read the wrong stat for RVP it was a record for something else don't rip my head off God.

Yeah they won 12-0 but who against?

Inter Milan' date='PSG??

didnt think so nav.[/quote']

Yeah your right, i hate Arsenal, facts to prove it i guess, jeez some people cant take a debate anymore.

Didn't rip your head off, don't like to see people post some garbage without backing it up, 30+ goals for Holland...?

All you said was pre season, we won 12-0 in pre season, seems simple tbh.

An under strength Inter and young PSG side, struggling in France and played kids, both to get warmed up for the season? Woo you won a couple of games, nice going, Don't see what thats got to do with RVP :confused:

Well why say a player who doesnt know half of his team-mates is a better player than a player like Van Persie who is established?:confused:

On top of that Liverpool had to play Fulham' date='Porstmouth and South China...they didnt even manage to beat Portsmouth :confused:

Arsenal had to play Inter Milan and an inform PSG side..and they won both games.

[center']

(I aimed the first post at Bobo's comment anyway not you Spanglish :))[/center]

Also i dont want to compare them because its way too early to be comparing anyone tbh.

I know Danny, it wasn't aimed at me, im not really specifically argueing the point, i didn't say that Torres actually was better than RVP, in fact most people in the UK would have obviously seen more of RVP, so can't really comment on Torres (but like to anyway).

Well, ive had the luxury of seeing both, and i can tell you that they are both amazing players, can both score great goals, and are great team players.

I think if Liverpool or Arsenal or anyteam had Torres and RVP at their disposal they would be more than satisfied, so saying one is worse than the other just isn't necessary. :)

Their both great talents.

lol Last time I spoke with Nav he prefered Arsenal to alot of Prem sides.

I will sit here and wait for the "Your a Spurs fan comment" but I side with Nav here. In all threads to do with Arsenal there is bias posts towards them. If you go and view the Spurs thread were enthusiastic but as you will see from the posts, especially Teb's and a few others Ive forgotten, they are very realistic and Teb usually plays down our chances etc.

Both Neller's are the same for most Liverpool talk.

We all defend our clubs as we should do but comparing these 2 players and saying that Van Persie is amazing or much better then Torres with those stats and before Torres has proven himself in the prem is being bias towards Arsenal lol.

Yeah your right' date=' i hate Arsenal, facts to prove it i guess, jeez some people cant take a debate anymore.

Didn't rip your head off, don't like to see people post some garbage without backing it up, 30+ goals for Holland...?

All you said was pre season, we won 12-0 in pre season, seems simple tbh.

An under strength Inter and young PSG side, struggling in France and played kids, both to get warmed up for the season? Woo you won a couple of games, nice going, Don't see what thats got to do with RVP :confused:[/quote']

yeah people can take debates actually just look at the Arsenal gossip thread to see 5 pages full of one...I backed everything i said up apart from the fact that i read the wrong info...why when someone makes a mistake you seem to make them feel stupid?? you make mistakes aswell you just don't think you do...All i said about pre season was what Van Persie did in it..now your sayin gi have changed the subject :confused:

You always talk about Arsenal not being good enough and they beat weak teams Nav you support Southampton come on get some really good facts and honours about them and we can have a debate on Arsenal and Southampton if thats what you want to do..if not let people post there opinions without ripping there heads off.

I will sit here and wait for the "Your a Spurs fan comment" but I side with Nav here. In all threads to do with Arsenal there is bias posts towards them. If you go and view the Spurs thread were enthusiastic but as you will see from the posts' date=' especially Teb's and a few others Ive forgotten, they are very realistic and Teb usually plays down our chances etc.

We all defend our clubs as we should do but comparing these 2 players and saying that Van Persie is amazing or much better then Torres with those stats and before Torres has proven himself in the prem is being bias towards Arsenal lol.[/quote']

Why can't people be biased? is it against forum rules or something? because i missed that one i think.

Arsenal fans are proud of the club they support.We would rather play up our chances than always say we have no chance and we are going to lose etc..

You lot can be optimistic but let the Arsenal fans do what they want and they will let you do what you want..Its a public forum learn that.

I will sit here and wait for the "Your a Spurs fan comment" but I side with Nav here. In all threads to do with Arsenal there is bias posts towards them. If you go and view the Spurs thread were enthusiastic but as you will see from the posts' date=' especially Teb's and a few others Ive forgotten, they are very realistic and Teb usually plays down our chances etc.

[b']We all defend our clubs[/b] as we should do but comparing these 2 players and saying that Van Persie is amazing or much better then Torres with those stats and before Torres has proven himself in the prem is being bias towards Arsenal lol.

Agreed, never said i hate them, people putting words in my mouth, not surprised when you cant even hold up your end of the argument, then go for petty insults and digs...clever.

Dans right, we all defend our clubs, but most of us do it fairly, you seem to think Arsenal are above the rest...if Torres signed for your lot you know you'd be over the moon, don't even try to deny.

yeah people can take debates actually just look at the Arsenal gossip thread to see 5 pages full of one...I backed everything i said up apart from the fact that i read the wrong info...why when someone makes a mistake you seem to make them feel stupid?? you make mistakes aswell you just don't think you do...All i said about pre season was what Van Persie did in it..now your sayin gi have changed the subject :confused:

You always talk about Arsenal not being good enough and they beat weak teams Nav you support Southampton come on get some really good facts and honours about them and we can have a debate on Arsenal and Southampton if thats what you want to do..if not let people post there opinions without ripping there heads off.

Didn't know correcting you 'made you feel stupid'' date=' but your facts weren't even slightly wrong, they were by a long way, and you seemed like that was your main argument, which is just plain wrong, pointless. Yep, i am invincible of course, according to you.

Ooooh, ouch, going for Southampton :eek: Not exactly gonna make me weep and start moaning, just because a few people go for Arsenal you feel the need to pick on their club for NO reason? Very mature i must say, didn't you support Burnley? Or Preston? Whatever you support, champ team too, yet i don't bring them up, or slate them, nothing to do with this thread topic. Ill let you post opinions, and if they are wrong ill correct you, without hopefully biting your head off.

Why can't people be biased? is it against forum rules or something? because i missed that one i think.

Arsenal fans are proud of the club they support.We would rather play up our chances than always say we have no chance and we are going to lose etc..

You lot can be optimistic but let the Arsenal fans do what they want and they will let you do what you want..Its a public forum learn that.

All fans are proud of their team...and can be biased if they want, nothing wrong with it, just don't go in a strop when someone accuses you of being bias, just admit it for a change, say your bias and you prefer Arsenal players over non Arsenal players, thats what it seems by this post.

I would be happy is Torres signed for Arsenal but i still would think Van Persie would be better because he is more proven..Yes bias is a word you could use but if you luck at the poll its mainly Liverpool fans for Torres and Van Persie has all the Arsenal fans thats just the way it is and i will not change.

I would be happy is Torres signed for Arsenal but i still would think Van Persie would be better because he is more proven..Yes bias is a word you could use but if you luck at the poll its mainly Liverpool fans for Torres and Van Persie has all the Arsenal fans thats just the way it is and i will not change.

I voted that they are both rubbish because IMO you cant vote for either when they havent played in the same league for a season or 2. Torres might have a bad season because he needs to adapt and then the next season he might be amazing. Thats why you cant vote.

Also I would say only none Arsenal and Liverpool fans should vote in this because of bias posts most of the time and people only voting for players in their side.

Yes but footballs not all about skill, it's about determination, creativiity, vision, all them attributes. Torres is a world class player, very young skillful player who was the captain of Atletico. Being captain certainly does mean something. Van Persie is also fantastic, scoring goals for Arsenal whe it was needed. You can't tell who's better yet as both play different styles of football in different countries. But now Torres is in Liverpool, i guess we can decide after the first 10 games or so.

I voted that they are both rubbish because IMO you cant vote for either when they havent played in the same league for a season or 2. Torres might have a bad season because he needs to adapt and then the next season he might be amazing. Thats why you cant vote.

Also I would say only none Arsenal and Liverpool fans should vote in this because of bias posts most of the time and people only voting for players in their side.

Yeah thats fine and fair...And i think its impossible to stop them from doing that but i again agree.

Liverpool fans are going to support Torres, Arsenal fans Van Persie, that's life.

The SM stats:

Player name: Robin VAN PERSIE (Arsenal)

Born: 6 August 1983

Nationality: Dutch

Position: Striker/Winger

Rating: 92

Last Rating Change: 2

Value: £9.2M

Player name: Jose FERNANDO TORRES (Liverpool)

Born: 20 March 1984

Nationality: Spanish

Position: Central Striker

Rating: 93

Last Rating Change: 0

Value: £10.0M