How to fix the finance situation!

How to fix the finance situation!  

1. 1.

• Yes, it think its exactly what this game needs!
    • No, i don't think it would work (explain why below)

I have been playing Soccermanager for years now (since 2006). It was (and still is) a great manager game, in my opinion the best online. But one major problem i have with the game, especially when the setup has been running for years is the finances the clubs manage to accumulate.

This has been a major problem for years. It devalues cash to the point that managers won't sell players for any kind of money, even if they don't need that player. The aim of my idea is to try and stop every club being able to accumulate vast amounts of money and try and give cash value again.

The idea is that at the start of every season the 'chairmen' of the club gives you a set 'transfer kitty' that you can use to buy players. This would take into account the previous season achievements, season tickets, projected ticket sales, wages etc. The only way you can increase this kitty is to sell players. This system is used in other manager games, such as Fifa manager, and so i can't see why it wouldn't work here.

This idea can be enhanced further with future options such as communication with the chairman and requesting more money if you are able to get a 'star' player. It could also be grown further be introducing a wage budget as well, and budget allocation etc.

What do people think of this idea? Could this be a way to give money value again, and resurrect old setups once more?

• 3 months later...

Re: How to fix the finance situation!

Completely agree, money is worthless in this game now. You could offer £142m for Messi but nobody would accept it because they know that they won't be able to do anything with that £142m. They would just lose Messi for nothing. Even with players like Neymar, he's only rated 90 but nobody will accept any cash deal for him because it's worthless. Part exchange deals are the only way to get good players now but what's the point? You want to buy players to strengthen your squad but you're never going to strengthen it if you have to swap one or two of your players just to get another one.

I'm in a really old gameworld (World Championship 340) and all of the best players are taken by 3, maybe 4 teams - one team has over 100 players - and none of them will sell any of their players so it's impossible for other teams to compete with them. I have two really good players (Rooney and Kaka) and the rest are 89/90 and I finished 4th in Div 1 last season so I feel like with one or two more 93+ players I could win the title but it's impossible for me sign any because nobody will accept cash and it is pointless for me to swap Rooney or Kaka because then I will lose one of my 2 star players...and all my other players aren't good enough to swap, nobody would accept them.

But I suppose that even what you are suggesting wouldn't really help gameworlds like that because the teams with the good players don't need to buy anyone else so they still wouldn't sell any of their players. It could definitely help new ones.

Well its hard to do this without up setting some ppl.

There would be many part to get cash as cash as we know it.money talks ** walks.

But here is what I would do.

1)Cap a club to 25players.

2)have a squad points system,ie 1750points.Messi=99pts Neymar=90points

3)pay a set amount to get squad points and player slots

4)if a team goes over there points they after pick a player to sell and the highest bid get that player.

5)at the start of a game world the 1st season would be like it is at the moment and the rules ^^^^ come in to place on season2 turn1.

Squad capping is the way forward, as is Limiting the number of highly rated players allowed in your squad.

I've played this game for a long time and when I started I was one of the those people who would try and pick up anybody 91+, just for the sake of it. We've all been in game worlds where 2-3 clubs own pretty much all the talent, and all the upcoming talent... There is absolutely no fun is playing this way.

Reducing the number of 90+ players allowed in any squad to 18 would go a long way towards stopping this.

The trouble is, SM and it's fundamentals have been the same for many years. I can't see how they could make any big changes to the way things work without redoing the whole thing.

Player Concerns is where this is tackled. I am in a game world where a club has literally bought nearly all the top 90-91 talent. He has Neymar, Munian, Gotze, Albe, Reus and about another 10, 90 rated youngsters. About half of them have developed the "Lack of games" concern, and we all know that is nearly impossible to get rid of. It may take some time, but they will leave that club to whomever offers the highest amount of cash, solving our cash dillema.

What I would really like to see is a "Lack of success" concern, where top players that are at a club that doesn't win trophies or titles, and is not within the top 3/4 will develop this concern that develops rather quickly, 2-3 seasons of no success.

It would be like managing Arsenal IRL.

Squad capping is the way forward' date=' as is Limiting the number of highly rated players allowed in your squad.

I've played this game for a long time and when I started I was one of the those people who would try and pick up anybody 91+, just for the sake of it. We've all been in game worlds where 2-3 clubs own pretty much all the talent, and all the upcoming talent... There is absolutely no fun is playing this way.

Reducing the number of 90+ players allowed in any squad to 18 would go a long way towards stopping this.

The trouble is, SM and it's fundamentals have been the same for many years. I can't see how they could make any big changes to the way things work without redoing the whole thing.[/quote']

I agree 100% but not on the capping of 90+ rated players. My Chelsea team has 16-18 90+ rated players and not one of them has concerns. Plus i have a youth squad of about 10 players and no concerns there to. I keep rotating players to keep them fresh, and i have only ever seen 1 concern build up due to wanting a wage increase, but i sold the player anyways because he got over 25 yrs old. I find the younger the 90+ rated players are, the less likely you are to get concerns if you play them lots.

My 1st suggestion as well would be squad capping team sizes to like 100 instead of 255. This can make teams be more selective in choosing the right youth, rather than any youth. I do my research once in a while, so that is probably a reason as to why I only keep 10 players on the youth squad.

My second suggestion would be to have a transfer date set in place for the beginning of the season, the middle of the season, and the end of the season. Make it so that for a week, all games in the world are stopped, and only during that time can you buy/sell players. Along with that, make it where the chairman selects all concerned players lvl 4 or 5 on your team and puts them on the transfer list. The objective you would receive is to sell one of those players on the transfer list off, or face the chairman selecting for you. This would enable the transferring of players more smoothly, and maybe send some players to teams without big named stars.

My last suggestion would be to fix the concern system where if a player who has concerns gets sold to another team, their concern level will either drop or have none at all depending on which team they end up on. For example if you control Barcelona, and have 5 CM with 90+ rating, but Sahin never gets played, he will gain concerns. If Sahin gets sold to lets say Real Madrid who has 5 CM already, he may not even drop concern level because he may not be played there. On the other hand, if he goes to a division 4 Rangers, who has no stars, his concerns can be wiped out. So concern rating will dropped to a reasonable level based upon the team getting that player and what his/her squad already looks like.

Those are just a few suggestions and would like your comments.

The solution is unlike this in real life the chairman takes almost 80% percent of any profit. Football is a business no real club that is making money would then put it all back into transfers. They have shareholders who expect some sort of return on the investment.

E.g you earn 200,000 turn 1.

-The chairman would take 160,000.

turn 2.you lose 20,000.

-The chairman would subsidised this lose since he took 160,000 from last week.

and so on.

If you ever mismanage your club you then deserve to be negative budget.