Sign in to follow this  
humblescholes

Neuer or Hart

Re: Neuer or Hart

I think Neuer seems more able to pull of more difficult saves. However, from what I have seen and heard Hart is more consistent and does the simple things better. That combined with the fact Hart is a world class keeper and so is also capable to pull of some pretty amazing saves anyway, I would go for Hart.

Hart by a million miles.
Neuer.... ;)
Neuer.

English people are not allowed to post in this thread until after the Euros.

Hart by country miles..he's much better then the german.
I think Neuer seems more able to pull of more difficult saves. However' date=' from what I have seen and heard Hart is more consistent and does the simple things better. That combined with the fact Hart is a world class keeper and so is also capable to pull of some pretty amazing saves anyway, I would go for Hart.[/quote']

Ah thanks mate. :P haha agreed dr shame. Im still torn though, any other opinions?

I believe there of similar ability but i would get the german

In Harts favour is he plays for man city the best team in england at present

However being England international will not help him to become great. They won't win anything.

Neuer could well win a european Championship/world cup in the German team.

SM ratings are as much about winning things/performing on the top level as raw ability.

Hart could well win Champion League but Neuer should manage to keep one rating ahead of him

I believe there of similar ability but i would get the german

In Harts favour is he plays for man city the best team in england at present

However being England international will not help him to become great. They won't win anything.

Neuer could well win a european Championship/world cup in the German team.

SM ratings are as much about winning things/performing on the top level as raw ability.

Hart could well win Champion League but Neuer should manage to keep one rating ahead of him

Neuer is overrated, yes I said overrated, in nearly every game I've seen him play he always make a little mistake or something, Joe Hart on the other hand is a world class, I'm not saying Neuer is but I'd prefer Joe Hart, simply because I think Hart is better

Neuer is overrated' date=' yes I said overrated, in nearly every game I've seen him play he always make a little mistake or something, Joe Hart on the other hand is a world class, I'm not saying Neuer is but I'd prefer Joe Hart, simply because I think Hart is better[/quote']

Neuer is by far and away the better keeper, Hart is good, but Neuer is better, I think the pressure, hostility and new team made things a little difficult for Neuer this season but I can guarantee next season Neuer will be is usual infallible self. But on that note, you already have Hart, no point going for Neuer, they will probably end up at similar ratings soon enough

Neuer is by far and away the better keeper' date=' Hart is good, but Neuer is better, I think the pressure, hostility and new team made things a little difficult for Neuer this season but I can guarantee next season Neuer will be is usual infallible self. But on that note, you already have Hart, no point going for Neuer, they will probably end up at similar ratings soon enough[/quote']

Pressure?I belived he's a top GK not a Division 2 GK.He's playing at one of the best teams in the world...he's a top GK..pressure is more then a stupid excuse.He dont know to do simply things,Hart have the better reflexes aswell.If Hart wasnt City GK they werent getting anytime soon the PL title.

I'd pick Neuer. It really comes down to your own personal preference, I think. The one thing that we can all agree on, is that you cannot possibly go wrong with either of them. They are both top keepers. Both play for great clubs, and will probably peak at the same rating eventually.

The thing about Neuer, is that he just needs to work on his concentration. He was absolutely brilliant at Schalke. Their defence, at the time was poor, and he was tested a lot. He was constantly in the thick of things, and it became normal to see him rescue them again, and again, and again.

Although defence is a problem for Bayern, it is still MUCH better than Schalke. Now, he really has nothing to do for long stretches of games, and has to make only a few crucial saves in the Bundesliga, because Bayern hold possession, and boss the play. This is where his problem lies. Concentration. Hence, he makes the most silly mistakes.

I personally believe that, of the 2 of them, Hart has had the better season, regardless of how the rest of the team performed around them. Neuer has not even been the best keeper in the league, last season, to be honest. But as long as he works out the kinks in his game, I believe he is the better keeper. I expect him to have settled in by now, and be much better next season.

EDIT-My apologies for the LONG (possibly boring?) post. Got a little carried away, I guess. Didn't realise it was that big.:o

Pressure?I belived he's a top GK not a Division 2 GK.He's playing at one of the best teams in the world...he's a top GK..pressure is more then a stupid excuse.He dont know to do simply things' date='Hart have the better reflexes aswell.If Hart wasnt City GK they werent getting anytime soon the PL title.[/quote']

The pressure of having to move to a hostile city and perform in front of fans that hate you, that never wanted you here. Name one GK (let alone one player) that could come into a team and perform under those conditions, none that I can think of. Neuer is simply the better Gk, Hart is the new Given, great at Hollywood showboating, but lacks in more vital areas, Commanding his box, corners, decision making. But as i stated before the ratings difference between Neuer and Hart will be negligible within a few years.

The pressure of having to move to a hostile city and perform in front of fans that hate you' date=' that never wanted you here. Name one GK (let alone one player) that could come into a team and perform under those conditions, none that I can think of. Neuer is simply the better Gk, Hart is the new Given, great at Hollywood showboating, but lacks in more vital areas, Commanding his box, corners, decision making. But as i stated before the ratings difference between Neuer and Hart will be negligible within a few years.[/quote']

I'm not saying Neuer is bad but he been responsible for some of the bad performances for Bayern letting in goal that should have been kept out for Example 5-2 against Dortmund, and against Mochengladbach when they lost 1-0 in the start of the Bundesliga, in fact I think Marc-Andre Ter Stegen was better then Neuer in that match, I'm not saying Neuer is bad, he is quite good but he makes mistakes, I mean this could have cost Bayern the Bundesliga, whilst Joe Hart had to play in one of the hardest leagues in the World and finish first etc.

I'm not saying Neuer is bad but he been responsible for some of the bad performances for Bayern letting in goal that should have been kept out for Example 5-2 against Dortmund' date=' and against Mochengladbach when they lost 1-0 in the start of the Bundesliga, in fact I think Marc-Andre Ter Stegen was better then Neuer in that match, I'm not saying Neuer is bad, he is quite good but he makes mistakes, I mean this could have cost Bayern the Bundesliga, whilst Joe Hart had to play in one of the hardest leagues in the World and finish first etc.[/quote']

you think Ter Stegen was better that match? That is a given. I think Ter Stegen has been better than Neuer this season, easily. Simply for the reason Ter Stegen has been very solid, and Neuer made too many mistakes. Neuer always has been like this, though he's better goalkeeper now, except for the most recent World Cup and his last Schalke season, those were awesome times for him.

you think Ter Stegen was better that match? That is a given. I think Ter Stegen has been better than Neuer this season' date=' easily. Simply for the reason Ter Stegen has been very solid, and Neuer made too many mistakes. Neuer always has been like this, though he's better goalkeeper now, except for the most recent World Cup and his last Schalke season, those were awesome times for him.[/quote']

I was only referring to that particular match

I'm not saying Neuer is bad but he been responsible for some of the bad performances for Bayern letting in goal that should have been kept out for Example 5-2 against Dortmund' date=' and against Mochengladbach when they lost 1-0 in the start of the Bundesliga, in fact I think Marc-Andre Ter Stegen was better then Neuer in that match, I'm not saying Neuer is bad, he is quite good but he makes mistakes, I mean this could have cost Bayern the Bundesliga, whilst Joe Hart had to play in one of the hardest leagues in the World and finish first etc.[/quote']

Joe Hart has had his fair share of bad games too, the most recent one being his last one. Allowing 2 (one with a one man advantage too) goals to QPR when you know you have to win does not sound world class to me... If you really want to start going on a game by game basis. That is terrible logic. You assess overall performance on the field and on the stat sheet over a prolonged time (ex. 10, 20, 30, 40 games, not one or two).