English Championship 243 transfer/match reports/discussion thread.

Re: English Championship 243 transfer/match reports/discussion thread.

Match Report: English Shield Round 4

Hartlepool United vs Barnsley @Victoria Park

Monday 11th June - KO 8pm

709.png1 - 2 716.png

Barnsley were victorious last night in the English Shield Round 4 encounter with a tired Hartlepool. The Barnsley manager had concerns before over their inability to finish, however fielding a 2nd string side he gave fringe players who were determined to perform, a chance. The first half was a horrific display ending in 0-0, however in the 2nd half, things got lively straight away, Maxi Lopez scoring with his head showing good strength on 49 minutes. Hartlepool equalised through Arshavin due to a defensive error, until on the 82nd minute, Nico Gaitan showed a piece of genius beating 2 defenders and sliding it past the keeper. Barnsley have been drawn against a quality side in Sheffield Utd in the Quarters and will be hoping to cause another upset on the 25th of June

Match Preview: Barnsley vs Arsenal @Oakwell

Wednesday 13th June - KO 8pm

716.png vs 660.png

Barnsley take on Arnsenal in the first of a series of 4 games against Quality opponents, Arsenal, Man Utd, Southend Utd & Chelsea. Buoyed by their previous cup win, The Tykes will take some confidence with them into this game. They have home advantage also which will be a bonus. Selection problems up front have forced the Barnsley manager to play Walcott as a lone striker which is a huge gamble considering their recent misfiring in front of goal. Arsenals team is full of quality with a large Spanish contingent and under new management since the previous meeting. Speaking of the previous meeting, Barnsley were unlucky to go down 3-2 and will be hoping to at least come away with a draw.

Players to watch: Robin Van Persie (ARS) and Ryan Giggs (BAR)

Barnsley Transfer News:

Transfers Out: Patrick Herrmann

A deal has been done today for wantaway winger, Patrick Herrmann, after a training ground bust up. Middlesborough have paid The Tykes £14M for the German

101192.png

Match Report: Barnsley vs Arsenal @Oakwell

Wednesday 13th June - KO 8pm

716.png1 - 1 660.png

Barnsley were held to 1-1 draw at home to Arsenal on Wednesday night after leading through almost the entire game, to the frustration of the home fans. The Tykes went ahead on 5 minutes through Wing Back Christian Fuchs of Schalke, with Ryan Giggs playing a superb long ball taking advantage of flat footed defending. Barnsley then went nearly the whole game in the lead, until, on 83 minutes Javier Hernandez equalised to the despair of the fans. It was a much better showing from Barnsley however with the manager changing the formation quite drastically. Soldado has now returned from injury and is looking to score on his return to action against Manchester Utd on Saturday.

Man of the Match: Christian Fuchs (BAR)

Barnsley Transfer News

Transfers In:

Goran Pandev - Fwd/Wing - £14M - Moved from Inter Milan to Napoli for next season and with the departure of Lavezzi and Cavani HOPEFULLY he'll get some serious game time and keep his 90 rating

4072.png

Richard Strebinger - GK - £510k - the tall 19 year old Austrian Goalkeeper has been signed by Werder Bremen from Hertha Berlin's reserve team

Match Preview: Manchester Utd vs Barnsley @Old Trafford

Saturday 16th June - KO 8pm

662.png vs 716.png

Barnsley head west tonight to face Manchester Utd in the Theatre of Dreams, Old Trafford. United have an extremely strong team that should outclass The Tykes as it includes both Cristiano Ronaldo AND Lionel Messi. The Barnsley manager had this to say; "we just have to hope they have an off day and keep ourselves organised and hit them on the break"

Last time out Barnsley drew with Arsenal, but gave a good account of themselves and should have won the match. Very much a side that are still a work in progress, Barnsley have so far done well in Division 1, and will be hoping to avoid relegation. New signing Goran Pandev starts as Soldado is still unfit after his recent foot injury. United have not won in their last 2 league games however Barnsley haven't won in 5 league games and only netted once in their last 5 league games.

Players to watch: Lionel Messi (MAN) Ryan Giggs (BAR)

Match Report: Manchester Utd vs Barnsley @Old Trafford

Saturday 16th June - KO 8pm

662.png2-1 716.png

"Just not good enough again" were managers James Myers' words after the game. Barnsley suffering their 4th league defeat in 6 games. A drab first half was only livened up by penalty shout that on another day would have been given however the South Yorkshire team are suffering from chronic bad luck. It was only until 11 minutes after half time that things started to spice up, Messi showing his class slotting home for the 11th time this season in the league. Changes were made to The Tykes' shape on 60 minutes with Boateng making way for Campagnaro and it paid dividends when on 72 minutes, debutant Goran Pandev scored thanks to a lucky deflection. Man Utd's quality shone through though 5 minutes later with Di Maria grabbing the winner. Christian Fuchs getting the assist for Barnsley. This defeat sees Barnsley slipping down the table to 15th, 7 points off the relegation zone. This worrying dip in form could see us enter the relegation zone as were just past the halfway point in the season.

Man of the Match: Angel Di Maria (MAN)

16579.png

Anybody noticed that Reading are doing strange deals with 3 other teams selling half decent players for people like, De Jong and Xabi Alonso? i bidded for Cabaye with a really good deal and it got declined whereas Chelsea, Bolton and Newcastle all got worse bids accepted. They are all Bosnian managers as well!

just a heads up guys

Match Preview: Southend Utd vs Barnsley @Roots Hall

Wednesday 20th June - KO 8pm

741.png vs 716.png

Southend Utd entertain Barnsley tonight at Roots Hall in this division 1 clash. Southend will be looking to get back on track after a humiliating 2-0 loss at the hands of Spurs last Saturday, while Barnsley will be looking to build on 2 good performances against quality sides. The previous meeting ended in a 4-0 rout, in Barnsleys favour and The Tykes manager will be hoping for a repeat performance. Barnsley fans see this as a crunch clash and they need to stop the rot with recent defeats, however Barnsley can still take positives from the fact they are the best defensive team in the division. Tonights outcome will be an interesting one

Players to watch: Sergio Aguero (SOU) and Roberto Soldado (BAR)

Match Report: Southend Utd vs Barnsley @Roots Hall

Wednesday 20th June - KO 8pm

741.png2-0716.png

Another defeat for The Tykes. A goal from Pedro and a goal from Hazard early in the 2nd half were enough to sink Barnsley which still leaves them 7 points from the drop zone. Not winning is getting boring now haha.

Barnsley Transfer News

Transfers In:

The most recent acquisitions for the South Yorkshire outfit are;

Mattia Valoti:An 18 year old midfielder in the books at AC Milan

970-2.jpg

&

George Williams:16 Year old Welsh Striker just snapped up by Fulham

56848_1340146561.jpg

Coventry City held out to take a point away from the the Stoke game this evening.

The first goal of the 1-1 game came from Coventry after Cristian Tello score a trade mark goal on the 33rd min. But just 3 mins later Stoke leveled after Diego Alves saves a long range shot but parries it into the path of Danko Lazovic finish with what can only be described as the easiest of poachers goals.

The draw still holds us at the 19th spot in Div 2, next up is 5th place Manchester City at home.

Nottingham Forest's manager insists he isn't giving up easily on escaping relegation, "we are in the relegation now, but by the end of the season we are looking at escaping to at least 16th spot. The board have a lot of money in the bank waiting to be spent on signings, but i'm not the sort of bloke to go rushing into signings, i look for the guys i want then pounce to grab the signitures.

This league is dead in terms of buying quality players from the market but I managed to pick a few decent players to improve the squad. Got a draw tonight against unmanaged but I'm not too bothered because this season is over for me. Ill just wait for next season.

This league is dead in terms of buying quality players from the market but I managed to pick a few decent players to improve the squad. Got a draw tonight against unmanaged but I'm not too bothered because this season is over for me. Ill just wait for next season.

Have to try to find risers as well mate, thats the way all setups are getting now

EDIT: Pleased with the 3 new signings at Coventry

29yr old CB Marko Basa means i'm not so bad in defence.

17 yr old CB Jordan Willis a young talent who has been linked with Liverpool, Man City, Newcastle, Everton and Aston Villa.

23 yr old CM Paul Coutts has become a regular player at Preston, triggering interest from other english clubs.

Anybody noticed that Reading are doing strange deals with 3 other teams selling half decent players for people like' date=' De Jong and Xabi Alonso? i bidded for Cabaye with a really good deal and it got declined whereas Chelsea, Bolton and Newcastle all got worse bids accepted. They are all Bosnian managers as well!

just a heads up guys[/quote']

i no what you mean mate, i have reported almost all the stupid deals

Transfer market is meh, managed to get my squad age down but the future isn't looking too bright, despite the funds.

On brighter news, we knocked the defending shield champs, Leeds out of the competition and despite dancing around relegation, a trophy would lighten things up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...