4-2-3-1 Tactic

Ben sPeDdInG

Re: 4-2-3-1 Tactic

Was wondering what are considered the best instructions for this setup?

Also' date=' how important is the 'first' position of a player: i.e Forward/Wing? What sort of difference will playing in the secondary position make?

Cheers[/quote']

This is my favoured formation, for a team that likes to play "tika-taka", short ball football in real life.

I generally use it for my Borussia Dortmund and Arsenal squads with these instructions:

Tackling style - Normal

Mentality - Attacking

Passing style - Short

Tempo - Slow

Pressing - All Over

Then I tick "counter attack", "play offside trap", "use playmaker" and "use target man". If there is more than one obvious playmaker on the pitch then set the highest rated as your playmaker.

I have used players in their secondary position and it has worked most of the time but it is best to use players in their primary position where possible.

I hope this helps :)

wat is a playmaker? who should be the playmaker in this formation?

A playmaker is a player that "pulls the strings for a team" and provides assist for a team, in other words a good passer of the ball known for their vision. for example Xavi for Barcelona, Pirlo for Juventus, Sneijder for Inter Milan, Ozil and Kaka for Real Madrid, Modric for Tottenham etc.

This is my favoured formation' date=' for a team that likes to play "tika-taka", short ball football in real life.

I generally use it for my Borussia Dortmund and Arsenal squads with these instructions:

Tackling style - Normal

Mentality - Attacking

Passing style - Short

Tempo - Slow

Pressing - All Over

Then I tick "counter attack", "play offside trap", "use playmaker" and "use target man". If there is more than one obvious playmaker on the pitch then set the highest rated as your playmaker.

I have used players in their secondary position and it has worked most of the time but it is best to use players in their primary position where possible.

I hope this helps :)[/quote']

what about attacking style? mixed?