Sign in to follow this  
ydkel

Vincent KOMPANY, highest rating at ???

Re: Vincent KOMPANY, highest rating at ???

Its all down to man city success really, if they win a leagues, cups and champions leagues he can easily hit 96, and if belgium do better in international football (and they are improving all the time) then that will reinforce that even more. For me he is the best defender around at the moment

Its all down to man city success really' date=' if they win a leagues, cups and champions leagues he can easily hit 96, and if belgium do better in international football (and they are improving all the time) then that will reinforce that even more. For me he is the best defender around at the moment[/quote']

no one can easily hit 96 it will take years of being the best cb in the world winning alot of silverware, look at all the trophies pique has won with barca and also the world cup with Spain and he is only 95

95 his peak..honestly he isnt Vidic quality or Puyol or even Pique.

Pique finally picked up his form and impressed me at Euros.

Kompany was by far and away the best center back in the Premier League last season and has proven he is Vidic quality. I'm a united fan so by know means do I like dishing out praise to City players but Kompany for me is simply one of the best center backs a team could possible come up against and an absolute key stone in City clinching the title (albeit on goal difference). Provided City can continuously do well domestically and on the European stage Kompany could get a 95/96.

Puyol while is resolute, I'd rather have Kompany in my team all day, he's much better aerially, younger and quicker. On Pique, while I believe he's a brilliant center back, I'd still have Kompany over Pique. Simply because Kompany is a traditional world class center back, you know what you get from him, resilience, brilliant anticipation and his heading ability is second to none, he's one of the best center backs in England and he will get the plaudits he deserves across Europe should City perform well in the UCL next season IMO.

I agree with the lads above, Kompany right now is one of the best CB's in the world! However, if/when Manchester City win more silverware then Kompany's rating will rise for sure, i reckon its only a matter of time before he becomes a 95 possibly.

He might get a 94 on the next rating changes. A few Man City players are a bit low-rated rght now, e.g Richards, but with City winning the league a few of there players might get a +1, including Kompany.