Sign in to follow this  
Seanninetytwo

Who is a good winger for a mid level team?

So I am CSKA Moscow in a brand new european championship. I have had a few deals accepted, but missed out on Menez. As it stands in every position such as striker, centre back and centre mid I have 3 players (2 to play and 1 cover). Then right back and left back I have 1 each so I'll try and loan some cover. I have enough money for 1 more winger now as I only have 1 (Belhanda but possibly 2 I am hopeful I will win the bid race for Muniain). As I am low on good players to use in deals due to low personnel and money isn't really important which wingers would it be useful from who could possibly be at external clubs?

Re: Who is a good winger for a mid level team?

A few good wingers to watch out for who are on the rise and can get to 90+ but are currently below 90:

Dries Mertens, PSV, 89 rated - great season at PSV and part of belgium national team, should get to 90+ at PSV and maybe move to bigger club abroad, looked dangerous vs england recently.

Andriy Yarmolenko, Dynamo, 89 rated - linked with AC Milan, rated as the new schevchenko, part of national team at euro 2012, 90+ easy

Hatem Ben Arfa, Newcastle, 89 rated - back from injury and impressing in premier league, with france at euro 2012, future 90+

Marco Fabian, Chivas, 86 rated - watched by premier league scouts, prolific for Mexico U23 and expected to impress at olympics, likely to end up at big european club soon

Andre Carillo, Sporting CP, 86 rated - looks a good talent, first team regular at sporting, future riser and maybe bigger things to come for him

Ahmed Musa, CSKA Moskva, 85 rated - started at VVV in dutch league, scored lots of goals, now at CSKA and first team regular, only 19 years old, big future ahead for the kid!

Just a few good examples to look out for there!

So I am CSKA Moscow in a brand new european championship. I have had a few deals accepted' date=' but missed out on Menez. As it stands in every position such as striker, centre back and centre mid I have 3 players (2 to play and 1 cover). Then right back and left back I have 1 each so I'll try and loan some cover. I have enough money for 1 more winger now as I only have 1 (Belhanda but possibly 2 I am hopeful I will win the bid race for Muniain). As I am low on good players to use in deals due to low personnel and money isn't really important which wingers would it be useful from who could possibly be at external clubs?[/quote']

Demba Ba

Bendtner

Dembele

Perotti

Susaeta

Griezmann

Salvio

Lucas

Ramirez

Giuliano

John

To mention a few. There's so many out there ;)

Edit/: Btw about Mertens, imo there's no way he's able to gain 90 in less than 2 full seasons time, PSV have been really poor and SM only give 90 to Eredivisie players who have been really good personaly as well as their club.

Demba Ba

Bendtner

Dembele

Perotti

Susaeta

Griezmann

Salvio

Lucas

Ramirez

Giuliano

John

To mention a few. There's so many out there ;)

Edit/: Btw about Mertens' date=' imo there's no way he's able to gain 90 in less than 2 full seasons time, PSV have been really poor and SM only give 90 to Eredivisie players who have been really good personaly as well as their club.[/quote']

Bendtner is horrific and looks nowhere near able to achieve over 90 in SM. He had a poor season at Sunderland who don't want to buy him permanently, along with the fact not many clubs do at the minute he looks nowhere near set to go above 90 any time soon. Buying Bendtner as a 'future prospect' would make Titus Bramble look like a potential Ballon D'or Winner.

Guest Scout Maker

Bendtner is horrific and looks nowhere near able to achieve over 90 in SM. He had a poor season at Sunderland who don't want to buy him permanently' date=' along with the fact not many clubs do at the minute he looks nowhere near set to go above 90 any time soon. Buying Bendtner as a 'future prospect' would make Titus Bramble look like a potential Ballon D'or Winner.[/quote']

He's being closely linked with Dortmund apparently.

He's being closely linked with Dortmund apparently.

Don't think the current German champions would even consider buying him, he's nowhere near their level.

Don't think the current German champions would even consider buying him' date=' he's nowhere near their level.[/quote']

looked a beast for denmark.....watch how another player leaves arsenal and becomes great (nasri, fab, nordtviet to name some......expect ozyakup to do the same)

should go to bundesliga. i can see him being 90.

on topic though, not really a winger.needs a position change to CF

looked a beast for denmark.....watch how another player leaves arsenal and becomes great (nasri' date=' fab, nordtviet to name some......expect ozyakup to do the same)

on topic though, not really a winger.needs a position change to CF[/quote']

Lol, that's funny. Nasri became great in Man City? You mean great by sitting on the bench? :D

And I think you should rule out Bendtner. The furthest he can go would be 90 throughout his career.

Lol' date=' that's funny. Nasri became great in Man City? [b']You mean great by sitting on the bench?[/b] :D

And I think you should rule out Bendtner. The furthest he can go would be 90 throughout his career.

He isn't a bench warmer, he starts a lot of the games:confused:

Lol' date=' that's funny. Nasri became great in Man City? You mean great by sitting on the bench? :D

And I think you should rule out Bendtner. The furthest he can go would be 90 throughout his career.[/quote']

he starts most of the time....plus he is decent for france now....

looked a beast for denmark.....watch how another player leaves arsenal and becomes great (nasri' date=' fab, nordtviet to name some......expect ozyakup to do the same)

on topic though, not really a winger.needs a position change to CF[/quote']

Fabregas was already great at Arsenal, Nasri was class at Arsenal but now he'll warm the bench more than ever for City. Bendtner has a good game against Portugal and that warrants him to be regarded as a future 90? He's been horrific ever since I can remember in the Premier League.

Fabregas was already great at Arsenal' date=' Nasri was class at Arsenal but now he'll warm the bench more than ever for City. Bendtner has a good game against Portugal and that warrants him to be regarded as a future 90? He's been horrific ever since I can remember in the Premier League.[/quote']

granted fab was good at arsenal..... that but since going to barca he is on another level....

bendtner is showing ability we havent seen in the prem although he did put in some good games for sunderland towards the end of the season but i guessing you wont have watched any sunderland games as ur a utd fan... not saying his euro form shoud give him 90, im seeing potential...

rumours are dortmund looking at him, he goes their and lights up bundesliga playing like he has so far in the tournament he could well be a 90/91...consider dortmund are in the CL and champions of germany

Bendtner is horrific and looks nowhere near able to achieve over 90 in SM. He had a poor season at Sunderland who don't want to buy him permanently' date=' along with the fact not many clubs do at the minute he looks nowhere near set to go above 90 any time soon. Buying Bendtner as a 'future prospect' would make Titus Bramble look like a potential Ballon D'or Winner.[/quote']

True, but he's not asking for players who might reach 90(+), he's asking for decent wingers and Bendtner being a 89 player with a wing position qualifies imo ;)

And Bendtner's still young so room left to grow.

granted fab was good at arsenal..... that but since going to barca he is on another level....

bendtner is showing ability we havent seen in the prem although he did put in some good games for sunderland towards the end of the season but i guessing you wont have watched any sunderland games as ur a utd fan... not saying his euro form shoud give him 90' date=' im seeing potential...

rumours are dortmund looking at him, he goes their and lights up bundesliga playing like he has so far in the tournament he could well be a 90/91...consider dortmund are in the CL and champions of germany[/quote']

You'd be the only person to see any 'potential' in Bendtner. Ask any Arsenal fan who have had to watch Bendtner whether they believe he's what you'd call a 'good' winger. Also, Bendtner is due a position change to CF/ST because he's simply not a winger and hasn't played wing predominantly for Sunderland or Denmark. On the link with Dortmund, it's merely media speculation and wasn't Bendtner once upon a time 'linked' with Barcelona? His link with Dortmund is mere speculation and a poor attempt by his agent to drum up trade for a very much average striker at best.

True' date=' but he's not asking for players who might reach 90(+), he's asking for decent wingers and Bendtner being a 89 player with a wing position qualifies imo ;)

And Bendtner's still young so room left to grow.[/quote']

On SM for now yes, but Bendtner is due a positional change and is anything but "decent" in real life. I'd go for anybody in the wing position who's rated 89+ bar Bendtner as he shouldn't be rated at 89 for very long.

You'd be the only person to see any 'potential' in Bendtner. Ask any Arsenal fan who have had to watch Bendtner whether they believe he's what you'd call a 'good' winger. Also' date=' Bendtner is due a position change to CF/ST because he's simply not a winger and hasn't played wing predominantly for Sunderland or Denmark. On the link with Dortmund, it's merely media speculation and wasn't Bendtner once upon a time 'linked' with Barcelona? His link with Dortmund is mere speculation and a poor attempt by his agent to drum up trade for a very much average striker at best.

On SM for now yes, but Bendtner is due a positional change and is anything but "decent" in real life. I'd go for anybody in the wing position who's rated 89+ bar Bendtner as he shouldn't be rated at 89 for very long.[/quote']

are you reading my posts?

Originally Posted by JMH_daggers

looked a beast for denmark.....watch how another player leaves arsenal and becomes great (nasri, fab, nordtviet to name some......expect ozyakup to do the same)

on topic though, not really a winger.needs a position change to CF

he is not a winger i have said that. he has never had a decent chance at arsenal, who seem to have a rep for killing off strikers careers when they arrive in good form....chamakh, arshavin, gervinho....if they get giroud i feel sorry for him...podolski is gonna be in for a hard time too..

you cannot deny bendtner has had a good tournament, plus he is only 24 he has got 10 years to play yet barring injuries. big target strikers dont usually mature or peak between 28-30 so i expect him to continue to get better and arsenal clearly arent going to get him the chance.

anyway its off the subject now. good wingers, well look at

Grosskreutz

Susaeta

Ben Arfa

James Rodriguez

Tabanou

all pretty good, start for their sides and can defo go on to bigger clubs..

Bendtner does have potential ... all he needs is a club that believes in him and a good coach that can give him some guidance ... Bundesliga would be perfect for him.

Bendtner does have potential ... all he needs is a club that believes in him and a good coach that can give him some guidance ... Bundesliga would be perfect for him.

glad someone else shares the same view...if anything he has been very poorly managed by wenger. he will be a good buy for someone and yes i agree the bundesliga is a great fit for him

Actually Klopp is the perfect coach for him :)

Thanks for the help so far. I can't take the risk on Bendtner really as if he were to change to CF (which I think he would) I would be very short handed out wide with only 2 players there. Leaning towards Ben Arfa at the moment, he seems to be in my price range and one of the few players no one else is trying to bid on so it would help after I splurged on Muniain.

Definitely James Rodriguez. He is strongly linked with a move to United if Nani keeps up his babying over a new contract. If United get the right price for Nani, they will offload him and they have already said that Rodriguez is their first choice replacement for him. Go for him, he has tremendous upside. A fantastic player.