Player Concerns - Has it been modified?

did i miss something, i've trawled a few threads cant find it... did SM update the player concerns - why have all my players who have been happy with my rotation systems all of a sudden become unhappy.

If SM have upped the play percentage rate for happy players then it's a joke, what is the point of buying the next best thing if you cant use rotation to bring them into your squad.

i spend a lot of time and effort to make my squad's strong and full of quality, but i also like to develop the young players. when a player breaks the 90 mark your never sure if they will get that 'big move' and if they do will they flop, so you need to be able to have some rotation in your squad to keep more than just the first 11 happy, so that you can hang on to you marin's and gotze's who you've had since they were rated 75, and see if they develop sufficiently to make it worth selling vucinic etc...

i currently work on a 20player system with rotation in each game, and fully utilising all my substitutions therefore every player get's over 50% play with top players getting more 1st team starts and the developing one's getting more off the bench.

this worked fine, it ment you could not player hog as this was the upper limit of players you could keep happy, but it did mean you could develop the youngsters into your squad, or if they did not develop sufficiently you sell them off when they get userped by a new youngster (as walcott was by hazard for me in some squads).

so why has SM ruined it.....?

is it injury - is the update not taking into account injuries?

i have noticed many of the unhappy players are the more

injury prone ones.

is it an increase in player's play percentage?

if so then this is a mistake - this would be an example of SM bowing down to new players, those players that join the game, get upset becuase no-one will sell them messi and ronaldo in the first week regardless of there 65million pound bid (LMAO - and i know how common this is).

SM should try listening to there long term players instead, as those who i talk too thnk that the players concernes since the improvement about a year ago, has been working fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Player Concerns - Has it been modified?

Up until today I hadn't noticed any change, but today I noticed one of my teams has had about 7 players being unhappy in the last week. Could be just a coincidence though.

I work with a few more players than you, and it sounds like I don't rotate as much either. As a result in all of my teams I have concerns (I think, I haven't actually checked this). In saying that, I have only ever had one player leave. I like the concerns system, and to me, I believe you should be able to have up to 40-50 players max, and have some rotation, and not have anyone leave, for the system to be accurate. And given my history, thats almost spot on. So the way it is now (or before the recent change if there was one) is a good level the concerns are at.

• 3 weeks later...

Up until today I hadn't noticed any change' date=' but today I noticed one of my teams has had about 7 players being unhappy in the last week. Could be just a coincidence though.

I work with a few more players than you, and it sounds like I don't rotate as much either. As a result in all of my teams I have concerns (I think, I haven't actually checked this). In saying that, I have only ever had one player leave. I like the concerns system, and to me, I believe you should be able to have up to 40-50 players max, and have some rotation, and not have anyone leave, for the system to be accurate. And given my history, thats almost spot on. So the way it is now (or before the recent change if there was one) is a good level the concerns are at.[/quote']

yes, it use to be set just right, if you rotated and used subs wisely, you could maintain a squad of 20 good players and accomodate the best youngsters as they went throught that tricky 90/91 stage.

as of now, most of my squads have now reached level 2 concerns. i have spent 3 years playing this game, have worked very hard to get such strong squads, and have payed for gold management for a game i though was worthwhile doing so, as with effort you could make a low team like charlton into a world class squad.

SM have managed to ruin a really good game.

I will NOT be renewing my membership

The kind of players SM are pandering to are not the ones who are in for the long haul, but the ones who want instant success - they will not pay for membership, or at least not for longer than 1 year, and they will not last long. Online games need real gamers, not short term players - SM are going to suffer for these changes as i already know several managers entirely unhappy about the new rapid concernes that are too enthusiatic. It has taken out the point of a long term plan, and panders to the 'quick success' - not a good business plan.

I really wish they'd done it a little sooner so that i hadn't wasted money buying another years membership a little while ago.

anyway - this is my last battle cry, as my players get upset and leave, so will I

yes' date=' it use to be set just right, if you rotated and used subs wisely, you could maintain a squad of 20 good players and accomodate the best youngsters as they went throught that tricky 90/91 stage.

as of now, most of my squads have now reached level 2 concerns. i have spent 3 years playing this game, have worked very hard to get such strong squads, and have payed for gold management for a game i though was worthwhile doing so, as with effort you could make a low team like charlton into a world class squad.

The kind of players SM are pandering to are not the ones who are in for the long haul, but the ones who want instant success - they will not pay for membership, or at least not for longer than 1 year, and they will not last long. Online games need real gamers, not short term players - SM are going to suffer for these changes as i already know several managers entirely unhappy about the new rapid concernes that are too enthusiatic. It has taken out the point of a long term plan, and panders to the 'quick success' - not a good business plan.

I really wish they'd done it a little sooner so that i hadn't wasted money buying another years membership a little while ago.

anyway - this is my last battle cry, as my players get upset and leave, so will I[/quote']

Lol, i can't believe your players are leaving. I have only 1 team, and have been controlling it for 4 seasons or more now. I maintain a max of 30 guys on my team (approx 15-16 1st team players, and 14-15 youth players). These players have never gotten concerns for me and the rotation has been the same since i started. Only concern i got was cause a 18 yr old youth increased from 80 rating to 88 rating and wanted a wage increase, but never has my team been unhappy with lack of games. I think you should revise your rotation and maybe consider selling 1-2 players to maximize the happiness of your squad.

yes' date=' it use to be set just right, if you rotated and used subs wisely, you could maintain a squad of 20 good players and accomodate the best youngsters as they went throught that tricky 90/91 stage.

anyway - this is my last battle cry, as my players get upset and leave, so will I[/quote']

100% agree... :(

Totally agree! Seams SM have never heard of 'Squad rotation' That 99% of top teams use these days!

agreed..although I'm a sucker so will be renewing :mad:

So annoying, managed a Barca side with a 1st team of about 20players and 5back-ups. Used to rotate but ended up leaving when 17of the players developed concerns (all in the main 20players) and there was no way I was going to get them all down. Seems stupid that 85% of a 1st team squad of 20 could be getting awkward about not playing more often (was only half way through the 3rd season n'all!).

I have noticed similar to you guys with my squad. This condition is likely based on league appearances only. My fringe guys get plenty of cup time but still moan! I could understand their frustration if they were competiting with a squad of 50+ and were 'forgotten' but i have 25 players in my first team, lean and mean. With a packed schedule there are loads of opportunities.

Generally I like the "player concerns" system but I hope SM can tweek it a little bit.