why the player value shot up immediately after i sell?

boboman

i notice very frequently my player value shot up between 50% to 100% after i sold it

why is it so?

is there a way to make my player market value goes up?

i can set the transfer list price but most of the time the COM player bid always bid at the market price

tx

Re: why the player value shot up immediately after i sell?

Player value is mostly decided by the value of the squad player is in.

For example 76 rated player in a squad with just two or three higher rated players could be valuated at 800k but if you buy him and you have bunch of much better rated players he'll be valuated 400k.

It will work the other way if you have a relatively small club (small club as in a not very good one, not one with not many players lol).

One of my little teams bought an 83-rated free agent for £1.9M the other day and when he joined the club his value went up to £4.1M without me doing anything - the opposite happens if you sell a player and a club that's not as good as yours buys him, his value will go up because he's worth more to them than he was to you!

hi guys

i see what you mean. understood

but doesn't make much sense to me have this kind of algorithm

It makes perfect sense, lets says a big club has 4 good strikers and 2 good defender. The club will obviously value the defenders higher since they only have 2 of them. In real life that club will be more willing to sell there strikers then the defenders.

hi guys

i see what you mean. understood

but doesn't make much sense to me have this kind of algorithm

To which club do you think would Lassana Diarra be worth more RL, Real Madrid or Dundee United? ;)

Well it works the same ingame. (Assuming both teams mentioned are the standard teams)

Its a way of adding balance to the game!

The weaker teams can pay more for players than stronger teams so the competition is fair. Then they get more for players when they sell them also. Until their team ends up very good and the cycle continues!

Great idea by the SM creators! It has allowed me in my gameworld for example to beat bigger clubs/managers to the best new talent and slowly improve my team to compete with them!