Is This A Joke?

Özil

As the title can show I'm infuriated with SM because of the fact cheating is rife in my game world (WC 2258) and despite me reporting an illegal deal, SM did nothing at all and the deal went through. Here's a few pictures which demonstrate the cheating that just went on in my gameworld to which SM have simply ignored.

Focus on the appointment of a certain "Thiago Petzold" and "Ivtom Juric"..

scaled.php?server=267&filename=cheat3.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=85&filename=cheat2y.png&res=landing

scaled.php?server=266&filename=cheat1v.jpg&res=landing

Now look at those deals between Borussia Dortmund - Roma and Fenerbache - Valencia and tell me those deals are not one-sides and pathetic cheating which is proven after the fact that the Borussia Dortmund and Valencia managers simply evaporated out the gameworld within 24-48 hours. Also the Nocerino deal, I had bidded 16M which I knew the Roma manager had not the money to battle against so in the 11th hour Borussia Dortmund pop up with a 19M bid and capture the deal before selling Sahin and Bender to Roma at ridiculous prices. Far from sour grapes, I wouldn't complain had it been just, but it's not and the fact SM have refused to do anything despite a deal being reported while it was being accepted is a joke. The fact that the Fenerbache manager and the former Valencia manager also share the same last name could just be utter coincidence but I wouldn't believe so.

Any advice on what I can do to get SM to actually do something about this?

Re: Is This A Joke?

how many other managers have you got within your gameworld? as not seen managers move that freely between clubs unless there is only a hand full of managers' date=' as when someone leaves the club gets offered to someone else for a period of 5 days[/quote']

Think there's about 10-12 mate.

• 2 weeks later...

From bitter experience' date=' playing by the rules will end up with 0 action from SM, an annoyed you and a victorious cheater.

Leave the game world now will be the easiest solution in the long term[/quote']

As of now, SM have reversed the deals in question and banned the managers from dealing with each other. I'm pleased with that and it shows SM's commitment to make the game-world squeaky clean.

wow, genuinely suprised that you have seen some positive action from SM. I hope that this gives you a 'cut and dried' solution.

My "friend" in game has decided to start defaming me by creating multi accounts very close to my user name and entering them into my game world.

When I reported the 2 accounts, i was advised that there was not enough evidence..........exactly what evidence was checked here? I have alleged that someone other than myself has created an account that undeniably has the intention of impressing upon my fellow managers that i am untrustworthy. It is not possible that SM can disagree with "someone other than myself", as I know that I did not create this account. Do SM believe that someone has created an account with my name + a single digit and immediately entered my game world as pure coincidence?

Struggling to interpret what exactly SM feel has gone on here.........or have i simply been fobbed off by an automated program?

wow' date=' genuinely suprised that you have seen some positive action from SM. I hope that this gives you a 'cut and dried' solution.

My "friend" in game has decided to start defaming me by creating multi accounts very close to my user name and entering them into my game world.

When I reported the 2 accounts, i was advised that there was not enough evidence..........exactly what evidence was checked here? I have alleged that someone other than myself has created an account that undeniably has the intention of impressing upon my fellow managers that i am untrustworthy. It is not possible that SM can disagree with "someone other than myself", as I know that I did not create this account. Do SM believe that someone has created an account with my name + a single digit and immediately entered my game world as pure coincidence?

Struggling to interpret what exactly SM feel has gone on here.........or have i simply been fobbed off by an automated program?[/quote']

I am really worried someone will try that with me - using multi accounts that look like they are mine. But yeah they really gotta come up with a new way to combat cheating. Its like anyone who has more than 3 clubs is probably in a game world where its going on, whether we relise it or not.

As of now' date=' SM have reversed the deals in question and banned the managers from dealing with each other. I'm pleased with that and it shows SM's commitment to make the game-world squeaky clean.[/quote']

i'm quite surprise it's been taken care of, you could of asked the other managers to help report the manager but it doesn't matter now i guess

SM have no interest in getting involved in the minefield that is, in my case, 18 months of, multi-accounts

Dev's read and respond to posts re 'missing credits' on here every day, but not 1 post re multi-accounting.

Unless you have a gold account (and even then it's questionable) there are 0 legal ramifications for SM ignoring multi-accounts and abuse of T&Cs

They therefore have 0 motivation to become involved in complicated individual cases.

if you are sure that your game world is being manipulated by the use of multi-accounts, give up on it asap and have some fun with your rival.

I might have had some success. In one of my customs, I stupidly let a multi accounter in, with 2 of his accounts. Not sure how I managed to miss it but I did. Anyway this guy in his defense hasn't been transfering with himself as yet. Regardless, I decided to use the in game system to report him. Usually I immediatly get a message that there is no evidence and the matter wont be taken further. But this time I got a message that SM will look into it and get back to me. Is this just to make it look like they are doing something? Or are we seeing a change in regards to the cheating?

did you list the main account, or the new account first?

Today, I have new multi-account in my game world

New manager created account 09-July

Joined this game world, and only this game world

Sale of his only 91 rated player (current brazil international) completed on 10-July

He has already accepted bid for 1 of his 2 90 rated players from same club

No other transfers completed.

Original account has already done same with at least 2 other clubs in game, and had the transfers reset after I reported them.

Got the automated message back that there was not enough evidence???

SM advises that "If you believe that more than one of these teams is managed by the same person. Click the following link to report Multiple Accounts"

Why bother???

did you list the main account' date=' or the new account first?

Today, I have new multi-account in my game world

New manager created account 09-July

Joined this game world, and only this game world

Sale of his only 91 rated player (current brazil international) completed on 10-July

He has already accepted bid for 1 of his 2 90 rated players from same club

No other transfers completed.

Original account has already done same with at least 2 other clubs in game, and had the transfers reset after I reported them.

Got the automated message back that there was not enough evidence???

SM advises that "If you believe that more than one of these teams is managed by the same person. Click the following link to report Multiple Accounts"

Why bother???[/quote']

I'd report the deals themselves as suspicious rather than the actual accounts linked to the same person. It kind of makes it easier for SM to do something about it as they can clearly see the deals are suspicious and unbalanced.

i've reported every suspicious deal he's done, that's at least 8 in both different game worlds.

SMFA had reset one of his transfers less than 7 days before i reported a 2nd multi-account, but their automated system ruled there was no evidence. This has been continuing for 18 months, with me referencing his previously reset deals in each ticket.

Why do the SMFA not kick this guy out?

Surely something similar to a '3 strikes and you're out' rule would be a good idea. This guy knows I know what he does and talks freely to me about it in PM, he gets rather personal, as i've obviously been the person who's caused 6-8 of his transfers to be reset.

Surely SM can understand that asking members to snitch on their co-players, taking (limited) action against them but leaving them in game is going to cause problems?

Thanks for your advice by the way, don't take this personally, i'm only on here to rant as i'm not going to beat this guy, and the SMFA are, well.......i'm fighting this on my own.

i've just followed him into a 3rd game world, where he's just spent the last week repeating the same trick; taking over any club with 92 or higher rated players and selling them to himself at knock down prices, before selling useless players to yet another account at massively inflated prices.

18 months pointing this out to SM = 18 months of silence, automated messages and inactivity from SM; useless. Only a fool would play by SM's rules.

I've had similar problems and would like to know how you get on.

There is a manager in my game who mysteriously buys players for great deals from new managers and then the managers disappear. I've told him on a number of occasions I know what he is doing but he responds with abuse, tells me all the managers in the game world want me to leave (he has quite a few "friends" in the game world). He has also started fixing matches but sm have only pulled him up once.

This guy tried the same trick of joining with an account in my exact name in lower case! I wrote a newspaper article saying how flattered I was that someone impersonated me and he responded by writing an article full of abuse. I've reported his messages, messages developers via the forum, the works. However, sm do nothing.

It is frustrating - I won't leave the game world as I've been in it over two years and am the most successful team. I just want this guy out.

There is one problem - he is a gold manager which seems to mean you can do what you like and not get punished.

thanks for posting, good to know i'm not the only one reacting the way i am.....not just ignoring it and letting them carry on.

this is the account i'm getting hassle from;

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=1575519

"Mohammed Ismail"

very similar approach to multi-accounting as your case, don't suppose it's the same one?

yes, for "Friends" read multi-accounts :)

My prat is a Portuguese bloke called Luis leite.

It's strange actually, he is a gold manager but has only one team. He's obviously too busy 'playing' my game world (for a fool).

One more of his achievements is to message me selling his brother is in control of a team that will sell me a 92 player if I sell him one of my players - he has already banned from dealing with his 'brother' so was trying to make the best of it. This has been reported to sm because he used private messaging but nothing happened. Why? It was so blatant!

My prat is a Portuguese bloke called Luis leite.

It's strange actually' date=' he is a gold manager but has only one team. He's obviously too busy 'playing' my game world (for a fool).

One more of his achievements is to message me selling his brother is in control of a team that will sell me a 92 player if I sell him one of my players - he has already banned from dealing with his 'brother' so was trying to make the best of it. This has been reported to sm because he used private messaging but nothing happened. Why? It was so blatant![/quote']

that doesn't sound as bad as what some of the other people here have said on this thread

that doesn't sound as bad as what some of the other people here have said on this thread

What a constructive comment! I'm one of the "other people" you're referring to!

Read user names before engaging typing fingers - why people go on threads like this to make derisory or -ve comments is beyond me!!!

What a constructive comment! I'm one of the "other people" you're referring to!

Read user names before engaging typing fingers - why people go on threads like this to make derisory or -ve comments is beyond me!!!

sorry' date=' i should of said it doesn't sound as bad as your other post where you mentioned about:

[b']I've had similar problems and would like to know how you get on.

There is a manager in my game who mysteriously buys players for great deals from new managers and then the managers disappear. I've told him on a number of occasions I know what he is doing but he responds with abuse, tells me all the managers in the game world want me to leave (he has quite a few "friends" in the game world). He has also started fixing matches but sm have only pulled him up once.

This guy tried the same trick of joining with an account in my exact name in lower case! I wrote a newspaper article saying how flattered I was that someone impersonated me and he responded by writing an article full of abuse. I've reported his messages, messages developers via the forum, the works. However, sm do nothing.

It is frustrating - I won't leave the game world as I've been in it over two years and am the most successful team. I just want this guy out.

There is one problem - he is a gold manager which seems to mean you can do what you like and not get punished. [/b]

unless it's the same person then you've got more of a point

I think the point of this whole thread is that managers cheat explicitly; record abusive (and in some instances homophobic) abuse towards fellow managers via the private message function; and generally flaunt the rules yet SM choose to ignore it.

It is baffling and an extremely sour aspect to what is otherwise an enjoyable and engrossing online game.