Score Centre: Suggested Features

after a manager has done all the work they can between games (transfers, analysing next opponents, selecting formations, choosing their team and issuing instructions etc) obviously all that remains is watching the match itself via the Score Centre.

this is an area i feel could be improved, not only from an enjoyment perspective but also as a learning tool. therefore, i suggest the following features which would aid both.

[note: these features may increase the time required to mathmatically calculate the matches and/or the speed of the Score Centre itself. whilst this isn't an actual concern myself (i'd much prefer a more enjoyable and informative match) perhaps users could be given the choice of whether to use the existing or extended Score Centre.]

1) the score centre to display the thumbnail pics of the formations used by each team, adjusting them accordingly if and when a manager has chosen a formation change during the match.

2) the players and subs for each team to be displayed below the respective formation pics.

3) additionally, for analysis purposes, it should be announced when a new instruction has been implementated. obviously without giving away detailed team instructions, yet it would be clear in RL whether a team has become more attacking or have changed tactics by using the wings etc.

4) currently the Score Centre shows goals scored in other matches being played, this should be changed to display only teams in your own league, group or round (in cup matches.)

5) in additional to the above feature, another box could be used to show the divison/group positions from an "as they stand" perspective. therefore, with each goal scored the divison table would alter to display the new standings if the results stayed the same at that point. this feature would greatly add to the excitement especially towards the end of season with regards to promotion/relegation positions.

6) with reference to the commentary, the text should be colour coded (or the team badge displayed) to enable it to be quick ascertained which side the text mainly refers to.

7) a chart showing posession (and perhaps some of the other charts, such as corners etc) during the past 5 minutes for example. making the match more exciting and also a real time indicator of how new team instructions have affected the match.

8) a more detailed commentary, both for enjoyment and analysis purposes.

9) either via the Score Centre (in RT) or following the match, an 'Assistant Manager' or 'Commentator' to offer a more detailed opinion than currently shown in the match summary. for instance, offering opinions on how the defence, midfield and forwards faired, a comparison of the formations, a general weakness etc. of course details must be ascertained by the manager but a general overview would be welcome.

10) important matches, crunch games and cup finals should also be made readily more promoted, with the option of also viewing them via the Score Centre as they occur. this would incourage fellow managers to become more involved in their game world, rather than just focusing upon their own team.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Score Centre: Suggested Features

following the above thread, i witness improvements to the Score Centre. and most welcome they are too, ty gores.

although, imo one issue that remains is the inability to resize the window of said Score Centre as it is difficult to follow the flow of the game given the small text area.

if manual resizing is not possible it would be a welcome feature if users are able to select from pre-defined sized windows according to their monitor dimensions.

good job :)

Really like the new score centre, but I've noticed when there's a chance on goal, it's now either in or the keeper makes a save. Maybe it's just the games I've had, but not once has a chance hit the post or bar, or went over or wide.

Anyone else experience this?

Really like the new score centre' date=' but I've noticed when there's a chance on goal, it's now either in or the keeper makes a save. Maybe it's just the games I've had, but not once has a chance hit the post or bar, or went over or wide.

Anyone else experience this?[/quote']

I've had "The ball sails past the despairing dive of the keeper and wide of the post." So there's a wide one at least. Maybe they just don't change them up all that much.

I've had "The ball sails past the despairing dive of the keeper and wide of the post." So there's a wide one at least. Maybe they just don't change them up all that much.

Can you remember if that was from open play?

I watched another couple of games, and I had an 'over the bar' from a penalty, and a 'wide' from a free kick, but every chance from open play still seems to be a save or a goal.

after a manager has done all the work they can between games (transfers' date=' analysing next opponents, selecting formations, choosing their team and issuing instructions etc) obviously all that remains is watching the match itself via the Score Centre.

this is an area i feel could be improved, not only from an enjoyment perspective but also as a learning tool. therefore, i suggest the following features which would aid both.

[note: these features may increase the time required to mathmatically calculate the matches and/or the speed of the Score Centre itself. whilst this isn't an actual concern myself (i'd much prefer a more enjoyable and informative match) perhaps users could be given the choice of whether to use the existing or extended Score Centre.']

1) the score centre to display the thumbnail pics of the formations used by each team, adjusting them accordingly if and when a manager has chosen a formation change during the match.

2) the players and subs for each team to be displayed below the respective formation pics.

3) additionally, for analysis purposes, it should be announced when a new instruction has been implementated. obviously without giving away detailed team instructions, yet it would be clear in RL whether a team has become more attacking or have changed tactics by using the wings etc.

4) currently the Score Centre shows goals scored in other matches being played, this should be changed to display only teams in your own league, group or round (in cup matches.)

5) in additional to the above feature, another box could be used to show the divison/group positions from an "as they stand" perspective. therefore, with each goal scored the divison table would alter to display the new standings if the results stayed the same at that point. this feature would greatly add to the excitement especially towards the end of season with regards to promotion/relegation positions.

6) with reference to the commentary, the text should be colour coded (or the team badge displayed) to enable it to be quick ascertained which side the text mainly refers to.

7) a chart showing posession (and perhaps some of the other charts, such as corners etc) during the past 5 minutes for example. making the match more exciting and also a real time indicator of how new team instructions have affected the match.

8) a more detailed commentary, both for enjoyment and analysis purposes.

9) either via the Score Centre (in RT) or following the match, an 'Assistant Manager' or 'Commentator' to offer a more detailed opinion than currently shown in the match summary. for instance, offering opinions on how the defence, midfield and forwards faired, a comparison of the formations, a general weakness etc. of course details must be ascertained by the manager but a general overview would be welcome.

10) important matches, crunch games and cup finals should also be made readily more promoted, with the option of also viewing them via the Score Centre as they occur. this would incourage fellow managers to become more involved in their game world, rather than just focusing upon their own team.

#5 is what i think would be awesome to implement. Would be great to see added because would add some excitement for managers to watch what is going on and whether or not they move up in the standings, or down.

Really like the new score centre' date=' but I've noticed when there's a chance on goal, it's now either in or the keeper makes a save. Maybe it's just the games I've had, but not once has a chance hit the post or bar, or went over or wide.

I have only seen one game, and there were 3 shots wide out of about 12, and all 3 were different. I would like it to occur a bit more, but besides that, I am loving it!

i've only played one match under the new system but i have since re-checked the game text and i can concur with you findings. i did have one ball go wide after a player received it following a free kick but i assume you will also include this as not open play.

if your findings are correct i don't believe it actually affects the score line (i'm assuming the engine is just 'unable' to randomly select 'wide/post' due to a little bug) but, of course, it does affect the realism and integrity aspect.

additionally, i would also like suggest to the developers (perhaps as a fun competition with small prizes such as credits?) that they include suggestions from managers to add to the comentary database. for instance, a great line from another (now defunct) sim was a player "rising like a salmon" to head the ball.

hosting such a competition would improve player/dev interaction, offer a more varied comentary database and, naturally, the good feeling related to having 'your' line included in the game. i'd be interested to ascertain peoples thoughts on this.

update: with regards to the shots taken in open play either being saved or resulting in a goal, the issue (if there was one) now seems to have been resolved - meaning they regularly shot wide tonight, probably couldn't hit a barn door. fools.

as previously stated, the new 'Score Centre' is most welcome and offers far more enjoyment to game experience.

yet, there's still room for improvements:

a) an as it stands table reflecting the positions of the teams upon every goal scored within the division.

B)the ability to select (via a check-box) which goals and score lines one wants reporting (eg a manager selecting only the goals/scores of certain matches - such as only the teams immediately above them in the division - to reduce clutter/info over-load and, thus, to increase tension.)

c) a greater area space for the commentary (currently the text disappears far too quickly from the display area.) note: i am not referring to the speed of the match, which obviously can be selected, but being able to view the past few minutes of the match in progress to ascertain the current flow of play better.

good work devs :)

Nice improved Match Centre, well done

A few things IMO could be better:

1) better descriptions instead of just GOAL, MISSED & SAVED.

The sense of suspense is at times really good leading up the shot, but could defo do with improving the "outcome" description

eg instead of GOAL:

"FANTASTIC GOAL !"

"CLINICAL FINISH !"

"FINISHED WITH APLOMB",

"BEAUTIFULLY SLOTTED"

"NO CHANCE FOR THE KEEPER !"

"AND IT NESTLES IN THE BACK OF THE NET!"

eg instead of MISSED:

"JUST OVER THE BAR"

"JUST WIDE"

"INCHES PAST THE POST"

"BUT BLAZED OVER"

"BUT WELL WIDE OF THE MARK"

"BUT NOT TROUBLING THE KEEPER"

eg instead of SAVED

"GOOD STOP BY THE KEEPER"

"BUT STRAIGHT INTO THE ARMS OF THE KEEPER"

"FANTASTIC TIP OVER THE BAR BY....!"

"PALMED ROUND THE POST BY.....!"

"BUT COMFORTABLY HELD BY....."

2) Vary the number of descriptive lines more for chances / highlights.

90% of highlights are exactly the same length ie 2 lines of build-up plus 1 line giving the outcome of the chance (goal, save etc).

I think it would be great to vary the length of descriptions so as to feel more authentic and exciting, and not so monotonous.

3) Some inconsistencies in commentary

One off the top of my head:

"[player] takes the ball down and scuffs a shot towards goal. The keeper has no chance as it sails past him."

If he scuffed the shot why would it sail past the keeper?

I'll post back here if I find similar ones.

Overall, big improvement but imo these little things wold make it even better.

nice post AdieD, well thought out.

i also think SM have done an excellent job with the new Score Centre and, with a few more tweaks, it would increase the match experience even further.

..and we must have Alan Hanson's "the sloppy defending.." ;)

I would rather have the direct option to the Match Report as it was before, because I dont like Score Center.

So they should give us the option to choose between score center and match report as it was before, not just View Match which honestly sucks

I LIKE VIEW MATCH REPORT more than score center guys

I would rather have the direct option to the Match Report as it was before' date=' because I dont like Score Center.

So they should give us the option to choose between score center and match report as it was before, not just View Match which honestly sucks

I LIKE VIEW MATCH REPORT more than score center guys[/quote']

why don't you just click "View Match"........then click "Match Report" ??

surely it isn't that much of a big deal??

I am a fan of the Score Centre I love the way it flashes when you get a goal then it says ......offside.

I have had a few problems being able to close the scorecentre as the x in top right corner squeezes itself out of reach outwith the screen.

And if there was a way to add sound it would make it better but all in all nice addition.

It doesn't play automatically though............I get your point by the way (it means one more button to click)' date=' but just don't see the major problem.[/quote']

Ok I open the View Match and the score is 0-0 now when I will click to the Match report that will change.

I dont want the preassure, that creates to me a physicall problem for me that is a major problem.

I have had a few problems being able to close the scorecentre as the x in top right corner squeezes itself out of reach outwith the screen.

Get your point but I think most people like to have a look at the league table before moving on which negates that problem (Ie click straight into division1/cup etc.) in the top left.

Nice improved Match Centre' date=' well done

A few things IMO could be better:

[b']1) better descriptions instead of just GOAL, MISSED & SAVED. [/b]

The sense of suspense is at times really good leading up the shot, but could defo do with improving the "outcome" description

eg instead of GOAL:

"FANTASTIC GOAL !"

"CLINICAL FINISH !"

"FINISHED WITH APLOMB",

"BEAUTIFULLY SLOTTED"

"NO CHANCE FOR THE KEEPER !"

"AND IT NESTLES IN THE BACK OF THE NET!"

eg instead of MISSED:

"JUST OVER THE BAR"

"JUST WIDE"

"INCHES PAST THE POST"

"BUT BLAZED OVER"

"BUT WELL WIDE OF THE MARK"

"BUT NOT TROUBLING THE KEEPER"

eg instead of SAVED

"GOOD STOP BY THE KEEPER"

"BUT STRAIGHT INTO THE ARMS OF THE KEEPER"

"FANTASTIC TIP OVER THE BAR BY....!"

"PALMED ROUND THE POST BY.....!"

"BUT COMFORTABLY HELD BY....."

2) Vary the number of descriptive lines more for chances / highlights.

90% of highlights are exactly the same length ie 2 lines of build-up plus 1 line giving the outcome of the chance (goal, save etc).

I think it would be great to vary the length of descriptions so as to feel more authentic and exciting, and not so monotonous.

3) Some inconsistencies in commentary

One off the top of my head:

"[player] takes the ball down and scuffs a shot towards goal. The keeper has no chance as it sails past him."

If he scuffed the shot why would it sail past the keeper?

I'll post back here if I find similar ones.

Overall, big improvement but imo these little things wold make it even better.

Hello friends,

Thanks for sharing your information, Really I am highly appreciated here.

Best regards

Alexis

why don't you just click "View Match"........then click "Match Report" ??

surely it isn't that much of a big deal??

It is, when you have many teams...

It simply means double of your time needed to see your results. (Sometimes, when the pages open very slowly, it's way more than double!)

What was so wrong in having a direct link to the Match Report in the Club's Page, anyway??

They could do the improvement to the Score Centre, which now certainly looks better, but still leave the direct "Match Report" link to the Message section, for us who don't have any interest to the Score Center, don't have much time, have many teams and we are only (or firstly) interested in our results.