• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: YouTube Videos You are in a boring game, the stadium is empty with a bad weather and you don't know what to do to warm. Here is a solution 39fhg4DPORE&feature=player_embedded

Re: YouTube Videos vszl44qLsg0 lol.

Re: YouTube Videos Wasnt really sure where to post this as its not really worth its own thread But in injury time with the score at 0-0 Mattie Burrows of Glentoran comes up with this.. QA7fAKfV

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: YouTube Videos

Got a question regarding YouTube and I'm hoping someone here can help me out since Googling isn't really working for me atm.

When I want to watch a video and up the quality, most of the times the video immediately freezes and there's nothing I can do to reboot it except refreshing the page and playing it on lower quality.

This has been happening for the past one or two weeks and I haven't had any trouble before whatsoever (1080p used to work fine). As far as I know I did not change anything to my internet connection or flash/java (checked it, they're all up to date). So I'm wondering whats going on.

I'm following a couple of channels and they all used to work perfectly fine, now it differs, there's a few (like Red Bull) that work in the highest quality for me and there's others (like CinemaSins) that don't. So its not just all videos.

Hope someone can help me out, because being forced to watch in 360p can be quite annoying sometimes :o

Firstly I'd recommend the obvious Speed Test and router reset just to be sure it's not performance related. If you are using a wireless network then a lot of things can make the speed drop at intermittent times. First thing that comes to mind is have you recently connected a mobile/tablet to the network that may be doing background things?

Is your phone cordless? If so it could be producing a signal when off its charge unit that is hindering your wireless routers ability to cut through it. Other devices can have a similar effect (consoles/tablets/even printers that are connected to networks).

Has work been done recently at your exchange? Seems a common trend with us that when work is done at our exchange it affects performance for a while after.

Finally who is your provider? If you are using a TV/Internet package provider the fault may be down to a small technical update or a similar issue. It's a known problem in the UK for those using Sky TV and Broadband that the box can want an update at times and without it for some reason the internet suffers (as of course the Sky box is connected to the router for On Demand features).

I'm not the most technically gifted but those are just a few little things to ponder.

Good luck sorting out the problem.

Thanks for the help mate, doubt any of it is the problem though. Using both cordless and with cord at times (depending on where I am in the house) and it didn't matter. All the other mentioned reasons don't really seem to be the problem either (there's a few other things that use wifi but they've been doing so for years and the problem has never occured before).

Reason that makes me think its not this is because its simply not with every YouTube vid, I guess if it had been any of those problems then all videos should suffer from it but they don't. And it does seem to differ specifically per channel which I'm following which makes me think its something else somehow :(

Thanks for the help nonetheless :)

Reason that makes me think its not this is because its simply not with every YouTube vid' date=' I guess if it had been any of those problems then all videos should suffer from it but they don't. And it does seem to differ specifically per channel which I'm following which makes me think its something else somehow[/quote']

Solely talking Youtube videos as someone who has a channel I have to wonder are you trying to watch recently uploaded content? When a video first becomes available to view it is still infact being processed at the same time. For a while after upload some quality options may be unavailable or may not run smoothly.

I posted a video recently in 720p that took around 4 hours to become available in that high quality. I'd also imagine some of the more popular Youtubers new videos will be sluggish at peak times as high demand at one source will always lead to speed problems.

File types can strangely also corrupt and become unresponsive on Youtube. That's a problem I once had after uploading a 5 minute music video (you can probably imagine the file size and therefore upload time) which decided to cut out at a certain point on all viewers.

Youtube ey! B)