tiagoferreira1.jpg

Name: Tiago Emanuel Canelas Almeida Ferreira

Nacionality: Portugal

Position: Centre Defender

Foot preference: Left

Height: 183cm

Weight: 76kg

Stats:

Porto: Benched twice in 2011-2012 for Taça da Liga games, didn’t enter.

Porto U-19: Team Captain and U-19 portuguese champion in 2010-2011

Nacional Team:

U-20 World Cup: 5 games (138minutes) (2011)

Uefa U-19 Championship (Qualifier) : 6 games (540minutes) and 1 goal.

My Opinion :

The video is not the best way of showing you what he can and can’t do, but the facts don’t lie.

And the fact is that last summer AC Milan and Inter tryied to sign him, and it was almost done, but last minute he signed a professional contract with Porto. Then he went with the first team to Germany to get ready for the new season 2011/2012. Once again, last minute he got called to go to Colombia for the U-20 World Cup, and was the youngest player in the squad and done 138 minutes helping Portugal to go to the final.

Now for what he is as a player, I personaly really like him, he reminds me of Bruno Alves or David Luis, very strong central defender, who likes to have the ball and be the first player of offensive transition and have a very good long pass.

He is an agressive player, good tackling and plays very well with is head, both defensively and offensively ends.

A little plus is that he is a very determined person who leaves it all on the field, this year he played a all game with a broken nose, and is very humble and always concentrated during the 90 minutes.

GNVYwomUHC4

PS: It's my first thread, be kind :P

I'll be posting more players so... (to be continued...)

Re: Portuguese Under-19 players

End of the game, 3-0 for Portugal.

Once more, the talent of Tiago Ferreira was undeniable. I will make a report about Betinho, wasn't is better game but he scored and he is one of the best prospect for Portugal.

BETINHO

betinho12.jpg

Name: Alberto Alves Coelho « Betinho »

Position: Centre Forward

Foot preference: Right

Height: 179cm

Weight: 72kg

Stats:

Sporting U-19: Finished the 2011/2012 season with 30 goals in 37 games leading his team to first place of nacional U-19 championship. Previous seasons : 36games/28 goals, 29 games/ 29 goals and 25games/ 37 goals.

Next Gen Series : 2011/2012 : 7 games and 6 goals.

Nacional Team:

Uefa U-19 Championship (Qualifier) : 6 games (406minutes) and 8 goals.

My Opinion :

Well, it would be easy for you to like this kid, just look at the stats, not enough ? He was brought to Sporting by the same scout who brought Ronaldo, still not enough for you ? Ok, let’s talk about this striker.

He has many strong atributes, my favorites in him are his strenght and his cold blood in front of the GK. The video I put is kind of boring maybe but you can see those atributes in him.

He can score with his head, with his foot and even acrobatic goals, his strenght, his quickness and his cold blood make him one of the best portuguese prospects and makes portuguese people dream about a world class striker on nacional team, finally.

He was the leading scorer in the U-19 Euros qualifier and scored again today in the first game of the final stage of the competition.

He is not a technical forward, he likes to keep it simple and just puts the ball in the net, basically, that’s what really matters…

Only thing he has to improve is his positioning, sometimes he just get lost between the CB’s and desapears out of the game.

Overall, great player, I won’t say he is like « x » player or the next « x ». He is strong and I know you will hear a lot from him.

N4RCpgOyNxY&feature=related

End of the game, what a game 3-3 and some great football.

I will make a post about Bruma, one assist and one goal, best portuguese prospect! I just did not wrote about him earlier because there is no Youtube video of him.

You will like him.

BRUMA

bruma_sporting.jpg

Name: Armindo Tué Na Bangna

Nickname: Bruma

Nacionality: Portugal and Guine Bissau

Position: Winger

Height: 173cm

Weight: 70kg

Stats:

Sporting: 2011/2012 off season, scoring 1 goal agianst FC Presikhaaf.

Sporting youth squads: 2008/2009, 31 games and 34 goals. 2009/2010, 24 games with 13 goals. 2010/2011, 33 games and 15 goals. Finally, 2011/2012 with 34 games and 21 goals. Also, Next gen series 2011/2012 with 6 games (491minutes) and 3 goals.

Nacional Team:

Uefa U-17 Championship: 3 games (256minutes) (2010/2011)

Uefa U-19 Championship (Qualifier) : 5 games (346minutes) and 2 goals. (2010/2011) and 6 games (445minutes) and 1 goal (2011/2012).

My Opinion :

Bruma is the most talented young player in Portugal. Since 2010, when he was just 15, big european clubs have been trying to sign him. Arsenal, Tottenham, Manchester United are one of those clubs and also Manchester City that made an offer of 8M in 2010.

After lots of rumours, he finally signed a 5 year professional contract and any club that would like to have this young kid in their team will have to give 30M.

He is the typical Portuguese winger, or should I say Sporting winger, kids who played football since they were baby, played on the streets and have that in their blood.

He is very good technically, dribbles very well and loves the one on one, sometimes he even loves it too much. Bruma is not just a dribbler, he also have a strong first touch and some good crossing skills.

In both Sporting and Portugal U-19, he often appears as a second striker, not that he is very tall or strong but he is a very good finisher.

Those would be his weak points, strength, height and also not a very good long shot. Perhaps the skills that he will need to improve the most are his influence on the game, he sometimes disappears for 15 minutes.

In 2011 he made off season with the Sporting first team and even scored once, in 2012 he became U-19 portuguese champion and is actually playing the U-19 Euro (1 goal and one assist against Spain) and in 2013 he will play for Sporting B or Cercle Brugge, so he will come in DB in September.

I hope you like this 17 year old player, best Portuguese young player and the future winger of nacional team and Sporting.

Portugal U-19 got eliminated from que Uefa U-19 Euro, by loosing a 3-2 against Greece.

Betinho scored the second goal.

Next player I'll talk about is Agostinho Cá, who will (probably) be a Barcelona player next season.

Riferimento: Re: Portuguese Under-19 players

Portugal U-19 got eliminated from que Uefa U-19 Euro' date=' by loosing a 3-2 against Greece.

Betinho scored the second goal.

Next player I'll talk about is Agostinho Cá, who will (probably) be a Barcelona player next season.[/quote']

Yes yes,Cá and Edgar Ié were taken from Barça to Sporting.

http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=57474

AGOSTINHO CÁ

ngCB757968-8ADA-4579-A6D3-445CFA18FCA5.jpg?type=big

Name: Euclides Agostinho Odiquir Cá

Nacionality: Portugal and Guine Bissau

Position: Defensive midfielder and midfielder

Height: 170cm

Weight: 67kg

Stats:

Sporting youth squads: 2009/2010, 19 games with no goals. 2010/2011, 28 games and 1 goal. Finally, 2011/2012 with 24 games and no goals. Also, Next gen series 2011/2012 with 3 games (202minutes) and no goals.

Nacional Team:

Uefa U-17 Championship: 3 games (2009/2010)

Uefa U-19 Championship: 2 games (136minutes) 2009/2010. 3 games (247minutes) and 1 goal (2010/2011) and 6 games (470minutes) and 1 goal (2011/2012).

My Opinion :

Maybe the most of you don’t know him, and maybe the ones who know him, it’s because of the rumours that link him to Barcelona, Inter, AC Milan and others.

I hope that after reading this, you will have more information about player who is about to come in the DB.

This kid just can’t get tired, he is able to run (fast speed) for 90 minutes and more, he is the player who recovers the ball for the team, when a team mate loses his position, he will be there for the defensive balance of the team. But he can also be the first player who launches the attack, high passing skills and a perfect football IQ. His heart for the game is as big as is talent.

He is not a perfect player, he is not a scorer and that won’t be his game. He is not very tall, and that make him a weak player when you talk about head skills. But like other undersized players, he can be strong in the fight for a loose ball.

He is more of a passing midfielder, a box to box. I can see in him, skills like those of Moutinho or even Wilshere.

Overall, a player with great talent, a restless player who gives everything he has in the field, he hope he won’t go to Barcelona B, but I know he will have a successful career.

cd8tPW2a53c

Joao Mario seems to have a good future ahead of him.

on the database at 75.

soccerstronghold.com for all the latest news and transfers in one place

Yes he as, I have been posting about players that are not in the DB but he his one of the best at Sporting and Portugal.

João Mário and Agotinho Cá just make a balanced and talented midfield for both squads.

Well he wasn´t in the U-19 team, but he is 16 and already played in Manchester City Team in the current pre-season.

His name is Marco Lopes, mostly know as Ronny. He is Portuguese (born in Brasil), 16 years old, former Benfica Player just moved to Manchester last year. I you allow me i can post his stats.

Well he wasn´t in the U-19 team' date=' but he is 16 and already played in Manchester City Team in the current pre-season.

His name is Marco Lopes, mostly know as Ronny. He is Portuguese (born in Brasil), 16 years old, former Benfica Player just moved to Manchester last year. I you allow me i can post his stats.[/quote']

I have been very surprised with Ronny, I didn't knew him, read an interview and some technical report about him. I'll do some research and will write about him ;)

thanks! He was from my class before he moved do Manchester.

Why in the world we are speaking English since we are both from the best country in the world:D

Ahah true, but it's good for others to understand us ;)

MARCOS LOPES

95143_ori_rony_lopes.jpg

Name: Marcos Paulo Mesquita Lopes

Nacionality: Portugal and Brasil

Position: Striker and Right Winger

Foot preference: Left

Height: 174cm

Weight: 68kg

Stats:

Machester City: 2 games in the line-up in friendly (2012)

Manchester Under 17: ?

Benfica U-18: 3 games and one goal (2010/2011)

Nacional Team:

Portugal U-17: 6 games (2011/2012)

Tactical coach David Platt:

“We have not brought Marcos out just to make the numbers up but because everything we have seen and been told from within the club suggested he could cope at this level,” said Platt.

“He has had a couple of days on the training pitch and he has coped well – though at 16 we would not push him along in the same way as we push the seniors along. “Marcos is an attacking midfielder with a strong left foot.

“We have our eye on the ball with him and he has impressed the other players. He is comfortable on the ball and doesn’t look 16.

“The boy has taken well to the work and he wouldn’t be at our club now if we didn’t think there is the opportunity for him to develop into a first team player and to do that here at City you have to be talented. But we will take it slowly with him.”

His minutes next season could be like the ones Rekik had this season, being a great talent, if there is some kind of enormous injury problem in the squad or in the cup games. He has now a professional contract.

vHuGcjy3ffU

I never saw him play, and that's why I just made a quote of someone who knows him better than I do.

Great thread mate. today was added 2 new players from portugal (porto & benfica) Fabio MARTINS and Hélder COSTA.

Do you now something more about them? Are they worth buying?

ty

Great thread mate. today was added 2 new players from portugal (porto & benfica) Fabio MARTINS and Hélder COSTA.

Do you now something more about them? Are they worth buying?

ty

And Ivan Cavaleiro who is clearly the best of those 3.

Helder Costa is a very interesting player, nice speed and have some nice tecnical skills. He just played 1 year in the U-19 Benfica squad. I was surprised that he was on the XI of Benfica B but may be a preview that what is going to happen during the season.

Fabio Martins or Fabinho was in the XI also, but I don't really like him, he is average in everything he does and that's not good for me. He will get minutes but I don't see him as a first team player.

JOÃO CANCELO

Back home, let's talk about portuguese players:

250024746.jpg

Name: João Pedro Cavaco Cancelo

Position: Right Back

Height: 180cm

Weight: 66kg

Stats:

Benfica U-17 player in 2009/2010 and 2010/2011

Benfica U-19 player in 2011/2012

Benfica B in 2012/2013 with 3 games (for now) and 270 minutes

Nacional team:

Euro U-17 (2010/2011): 5 games with 450 minutes

Euro U-19 (2011/2012): 6 games with 439 minutes

My Opinion:

I didn't knew João Cancelo until the Euro U-19, and I really liked his performances.

Then he came back to make the off-season with Benfica and he made also some good minutes. He was so impressive that the president of Benfica says that if something wrong happens with Maxi (injury or red card), it will be João Cancelo to take his spot as a right back in the first team.

Cancelo is still very young, only 18 years old and the B team will be great for him, he is an ofensive right back so he will make some errors and a season or two in the second team will let him do those errors in order to progress.

He is the kind of players that can take the ball in defense and cross it at the other end of the pitch and do it well. One on one, both defensively and offensively he is good, has some defensive skills and nice dribbling capacities too.

The main skill he has to improve, it's his positioning, João let's too many space in his back, and that can be very dangerous.

Anyway, good player, for me better then his colleague left back, Luis Martins.

The video is not the best but, I put it here:

Acx99bR7b_Q

Little update on the players I posted here + Ivan Cavaleiro.

Let's start with him, so far the best one of those players and the best one of the league.

Ivan Cavaleiro: 3 games (270 minutes) and 5 goals (!!!)

Tiago Ferreira: 4 games (360 minutes)

Betinho: 3 games (135 minutes) and 1 goal

Bruma: 4 games (360 minutes) and 2 goals

Agostinho Cá: 0 games

João Cancelo: 3 games (270 minutes)

Marco Lopes: 2 games (172 minutes)

Now the big moment, 2:00 of the youtube video, enjoy Bruma:

2gKeY3Av04A