Sign in to follow this  
eos11

Portuguese Under-19 players

Re: Portuguese Under-19 players

One of my favourite threads on the forum' date=' brilliant work as always eos11. Greatly appreciate all your hard work and write ups.[/quote']

Thank you so much for your words. I know I am not as active as I would like to. But I keep coming back because I love this community and the message that I try to send.

I would have liked to make this thread something even bigger but for now I will continue to write about these young Portuguese players and many others. I will try to make the blog a lot more interesting and the facebook page a daily thing with all the news and rumors.

I am working on it.

EOS you know I'm a big fan of your work' date=' told you that in many previous occasions, and its always a pleasure to follow your reports and opinions. Keep up the good work![/quote']

Thank you guys for all the kind words.

Tell me who you want to hear from, what players should I talk about next. I really don't want this to be a monologue.

Thank you Marcos ;)

Thank you guys for all the kind words.

Tell me who you want to hear from' date=' what players should I talk about next. I really don't want this to be a monologue.

Thank you Marcos ;)[/quote']

Great job as always, sir! ;)

Next time you could talk about lads like Anthony Lopes, Cédric, Tobias, Ivan Cavaleiro, Hernâni (winger), Podstawski, Vezo, Raphael Guerreiro or Tomané.

Just off the top of my head... :D

Mendes Tomane?

Worth picking up?

Well, he's playing a lot for a team I definitely don't hate. :P

He needs to improve his finishing imo.

But he has loads of assists.

As long as he keeps playing, he's worth buying imo.

It's very important for Tomané to continue getting game time at this satge of his career.

He may get a +1 in the next review.

Going to talk about those player but very fast, on another hand, there are some that are worth a big fat post to talk about.

Anthony Lopes: First time I saw Anthony Lopes, I said "1m84 for a goalkeeper, there is no way he will get to the top". But he got me wrong, what he doesn't have in centimeters, he has in skills, reflexes and agility. Anthony is playing a lot with Lyon and for now, he is the best goalkeeper after Rui Patricio.

Cédric Soares: I have so many mix feelings about Cédric, facts are, Cédric is a decent player, but not special, doesn't see in him any kind of great potential. Maybe he could turn out to be a João Pereira, but even that I don't think he will achieve. Cédric has decent crossing, decent defensive skills but it's not enough for top clubs.

Ivan Cavaleiro: I never liked Ivan Cavaleiro, I was always honest about that, even when he scored tons of goals in the second league. I see a lot of skills in Ivan, I can see why people love him and why he is playing good minutes in the Spanish league. But, I don't see a lot of potential in him, I think his performances are nowhere near regular. And... I don't know what the best position is for him, winger? striker? second striker? You guys help me with this one ;)

Hernâni: The first time I talked about Hernâni here was when I made the "Portuguese List", a list of players in the first and second division that were worth to take a look. He was loaned that season to Atlético CP and now, 2 seasons later, he is at Porto. As for the player, I love him, love his intensity, his speed and understanding of the game. Hernâni is a player who knows what he has to do and when, goes for 1 vs 1 when he has to, waits for teammates when he has to, etc... I just hope he won't get treated like Ricardo Pereira.

Tomás Podstawski: Maybe the unluckiest player of the season, we all know Rúben Neves ascension but this climb could have been done by Tomás, if only he was not playing for Portugal at the time that Lopetegui needed a defensive midfielder. I can't say that Tomás has been under-performing but he hasn't been as impressive and this is completely normal. Podtawski needs a new challenge, something new and harder to make him step up. In my opinnion, he should have been loaned to a first league team.

Rúben Vezo: Vezo is another of those players that I wasn't very hyped about. I don't see as many good things in him as other people do. I think he has too many flaws in his game and commits a ton of errors at this stage of his career. And with that said, he should never have left Portugal so early, now Vezo is struggling to get playing time, and this is what he needed the most to improve on those flaws.

Raphael Guerreiro: Arguably the best player from this list, a player that I have been following since 2012 now and it's really good to see him like this. I love the fact that he is also playing as a winger, this will give him new challenges, new skills and another way to see the game. He is ready now for top clubs and this should be a very interesting summer for him. On the national team page, I dare to say that Guerreiro is better than Coentrão at this point, there is no way to deny this in my mind.

Tomané: An intriguing player, a striker who doesn't score many goals, but who does his job perfectly. I love how he moves around and how he works for his teammates and how he tricks the opponent defenders to give wingers and midfielders space to be successful. Players like André André, Bernard and others, shine because of him. I do not see him as a top talent but, in the Portuguese reality, every good striker is a worth to keep an eye on.

Back again for a some more updates' date=' but first I would like to say that it's been really good to see some of "our" players getting big minutes in top clubs and even in the Champions League.

[center']*UPDATE* March 2015[/center]

Tiago Ilori: One of those players that I warn you so much about, I liked him, but I was afraid about the transfer to Liverpool. One year after that portuguese soap opera, I think I was right about him making a bad move. At the moment, and if he had stayed a Sporting, he would probably be a starter. I was always a lot better than Tobias Figueiredo and would naturally be the owner of his spot.

Ilori has suffered a fair few injuries at Bordeaux but his talents are clear. Id not be as concerned as you seem.

Sunderland & Real Sociedad are watching him for a possible loan move next season, and the chance is there that Liverpool could promote him to the first XI as Kolo Toure contract running out & Dejan Lovren hasnt impressed.

;3078278']Ilori has suffered a fair few injuries at Bordeaux but his talents are clear. Id not be as concerned as you seem.

Sunderland & Real Sociedad are watching him for a possible loan move next season' date=' and the chance is there that Liverpool could promote him to the first XI as Kolo Toure contract running out & Dejan Lovren hasnt impressed.[/quote']

I understand your point and I was really happy to see him play and play very well with Portugal U-21. But even if is future may still be very bright, I continue to think that staying at Sporting would have been the best path for him. He could be playing 2 whole seasons in the portuguese first division, and in my opinion we would be talking about Ilori for the national team if that would have happened.

Hi' date='

Just wondering do you know anything about Janio Bikel and is he worth picking up? Thanks :)[/quote']

Hey there,

Unfortunately, Janio is one of those "portuguese" players that never played in Portugal, I don't even know if he ever put a foot in Portugal. But anyway, I never saw him perform, but I will try to put some effort in researching about him and what his potential may be.

By the end of the month I will be much more active around here.

Counting on your feedback as always guys.

Hey there' date='

Unfortunately, Janio is one of those "portuguese" players that never played in Portugal, I don't even know if he ever put a foot in Portugal. But anyway, I never saw him perform, but I will try to put some effort in researching about him and what his potential may be.

By the end of the month I will be much more active around here.

Counting on your feedback as always guys.[/quote']

No worries, I appreciate the quick reply. Great thread btw :D

No worries' date=' I appreciate the quick reply. Great thread btw :D[/quote']

Janio got called to the U-20 team that will play the World Cup. I guess, I will have the chance to watch him next week !

Dont know if anyone responds on this thread anymore.

Was wondering does anyone know anything or have updates on these players

Pedro Delado Inter

Rafael Barbosa Lisbon

Gil Dias Monaco

Ivo Rodrigues Porto

Diogo Jota

Helder Costa

Janio Bikel

Thanks in advance

Dont know if anyone responds on this thread anymore.

Was wondering does anyone know anything or have updates on these players

Pedro Delado Inter

Rafael Barbosa Lisbon

Gil Dias Monaco

Ivo Rodrigues Porto

Diogo Jota

Helder Costa

Janio Bikel

Thanks in advance

What is the club of Rafael Barbosa?

Sporting Clube de Portugal (Sporting club of PORTUGAL) NOT SPORTING LISBON MORE RESPECT FOR ONE OF THE GREATEST CLUBS OF EUROPE

Are you having a laugh???? Jog on. If I corrected everyone for calling Manchester United F.C. Man U or Man Utd, I would be all day. If you do not have an answer to my question do not comment. No wonder this forum is dying out. :rolleyes: