Suggestion: Game World Wall

Much of the activity in Game Worlds are insular - the automated news feed is about all there is - I suggest they consider making a wall in each game world where managers can post - almost like a simple facebook/twitter for each game world so there is some real time communication going on because not everyone can be online all the time to chat - so a message/ chat wall would generate interest imo

Re: Suggestion: Game World Wall

agreed (although a newspaper feature is available it is seemingly rarely used.) furthermore, apart from such a message feature being available for individual matches it should also be available within each division/competition round as a whole (therefore encouraging longer term friendly banter and further manager immersion within each game world.)

Hello friends' date='

As we all know that the internet is the world wide connection of computers. Since it's innovation, the internet has presented us with different gifts. The internet has provided us with different features helping to provide the connectivity throughout the world. Before the internet, communication from one corner to the other of the world was difficult and the easy electrical communication that we have today was just a dream back then. There were not many options available for communication at that time. But now we have emails, efaxes, chats, video and voice messaging, social networks, voips, online applications and many more because of the innovation of the internet. Besides communication the internet has also gifted us with new means to entertain ourselves. One of such new method of entertainment born due to the internet is the online gaming world.

Best regards

Alexis Allen[/quote']

:eek:

What a divine comment! :D

Hello friends' date='

As we all know that the internet is the world wide connection of computers. Since it's innovation, the internet has presented us with different gifts. The internet has provided us with different features helping to provide the connectivity throughout the world. Before the internet, communication from one corner to the other of the world was difficult and the easy electrical communication that we have today was just a dream back then. There were not many options available for communication at that time. But now we have emails, efaxes, chats, video and voice messaging, social networks, voips, online applications and many more because of the innovation of the internet. Besides communication the internet has also gifted us with new means to entertain ourselves. One of such new method of entertainment born due to the internet is the online gaming world.

Best regards

Alexis Allen[/quote']

puff puff, pass B)

Hello friends' date='

Best regards

Alexis Allen[/quote']

erm, doing a search on the first line of the above resulted in countless of pages quoting exactly the same paragraph all over the internet.

just as i thought, this post is as fishy as my wife's apple crumble..

erm' date=' doing a search on the first line of the above resulted in countless of pages quoting exactly the same paragraph all over the internet.

just as i thought, this post is as fishy as my wife's apple crumble..[/quote']

And besides that it simply doesn't really add to the discussion.. :rolleyes:

OT: I like the idea of a wall, though one problem could be that such a wall needs people moderating it and thus SM needs to put a lot of effort in it.

And besides that it simply doesn't really add to the discussion.. :rolleyes:

OT: I like the idea of a wall' date=' though one problem could be that such a wall needs people moderating it and thus SM needs to put a lot of effort in it.[/b']

SM could utilise the newspaper better by putting a button at the top of the News feed.

once clicked, a window pops up, just like when you send a player inquiry or general message.

this would make it faster and more accessible to use the newspaper.

SM could utilise the newspaper better by putting a button at the top of the News feed.

once clicked' date=' a window pops up, just like when you send a player inquiry or general message.

this would make it faster and more accessible to use the newspaper.[/quote']

Agreed here

As for the wall, in theory, great idea. But I can see problems with it being abused. For example one manager might flood it with his/her posts, meaning you cant see your own anymore as its off the page. In saying that, I guess you could do that with the newspaper too. I guess this is one disadvantage of a huge game where there are so many game worlds and not enough people to monitor them.

• 2 weeks later...

with reference to the administration of GW Walls and the Newspaper feature, i suggest the following.

1) both of the above features to be offered initially only to Gold Members. this would ensure a better quality of post (as they have to at least have access to the payment methods, are long-term players and, most importantly, agree to a certain set of rules.) being Gold Member-only would serve as a good test-bed for the features. adding such a feature would further promote the advantages of upgrading to Gold.

2) to post in the Newspaper, a Manager must be an appointed Editor or Reporter and conform to a set of rules as described by SM. both of whom having the ability to remove posts/replies that each article generates.

3) Walls to be administered by the creator of the custom GW. as the custom worlds are, effectively, 'closed' (private) the type of manager/post isn't of concern to SM (for instance, in joining such a set up, a manager is warned and has to agree that adult content may be present.)